Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Poster] Proposal I

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Proposal I

To set an example for what my councilship will look like, I follow through on my promise today and unveil the first proposal I plan to put forward to a vote once elected to the council.

The Producers of the Landing
T
he farmers of Storm’s Landing toil day in and day out to maximize the output of their land, feeding not only this city, but the outskirts, cities nearby, and even those many kilometers away, across the continent, with their crops and livestock.

The fisherman spend weeks at sea, detached from their families and forgoing the amenities of a life on land to feed both us and other parts of the continent too, in many instances risking their life in the process.

The trappers and hunters, meanwhile, spend years honing their skill to hunt game, anything from the scrumptious deer we all enjoy, to more inaccessible meat only enjoyed behind closed doors in upper parts of the Landing.

Or, even those that allow us to build up a city as great as ours, those mining minerals to beautify the Cathedral, or lumberjacks who cut down trees in untamed forests to build housing in our ever expanding city.

The Surplus Buyback Act
T
he resourceful producers and harvesters of Storm’s Landing do extraordinarily work in supplying the city and the continent, but one issue is common to them all: a surplus of goods. What can’t be used in the city either sits to grow stale or is sold to others, yet the issue arises that large trading companies take advantage of this by undercutting the sellers.

To solve this, I propose a Landing buyback program. The government will buy excess produced goods at a fair, adjusted price - always considering current going rates, so as to never cheat the producer - and split it in two ways.
Half of the goods will be exported through existing trade agreements the city has, supplying the city with a fresh sum of radiants. My wish is for a percentage of this profit to be put towards a fund to improve the slums, but a specific number would be decided by the council as a whole.
The other half of the goods, meanwhile, will be distributed to the poor and needy of the city through a distribution program. And, of course; that will be in the form of food, not raw meat and wheat.

So, to reiterate what I’ve said in many words in much less words: as councilmember, my first proposal is a buyback program to solve the issue of producers being undercut by large trading companies and alleviate hunger that affects the less fortunate citizens of this city. With the excess goods the city buys, half will be exported, while the other half will be distributed to the poor.

It is time for real change, one proposal at a time.
Elect me as your councilmember, and I will fight tooth and nail to deliver on every single one of my promises.

My second proposal will be put up tomorrow.

[ As with the previous posters, this one also bears Asero’s signature at the bottom. ]

[OOC] In addition to the IC incentives, I want to introduce an OOC idea as well. This policy would be implemented OOC through an NPC or NPCs that buy certain HollowCrafting items such as hides, meat, and culinary plants (ginger, but not Magebloom). To be clear, this isn’t a guaranteed promise, but I will indeed work with staff to try and have something of this sort implemented to allow players a new way to sell items that maybe aren’t so often used in crafting.