Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

rare jobs that should exist, but arent used-list

thatguy090

Lord of Altera
so i recently did some thinking, about all the jobs a society could have that would match altera, then i saw how few people rp with those jobs. Basically im making a list to highlight all these jobs you can posibly fill with future characters.

crafting jobs:
- glassmaker
- gem cutter
- potash maker
- tanner (have seen a few)
- brewer / presser
- carpenters (have seen a few)
- cartographers
- artists (kinda broad but few)
- clothers (some are rp'd)

other:
-jailers
-tailors
-good ol fashion messengers

im sure there are tons im not thinking of, but i cant think of them right now, also i understand that being a 'potash maker' really isnt that great for rp reasons, but still just a few things i rarely if ever see. and im sure a few of you might say " i have rp'd as that!".

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
A lot of these don't exist because they're hard to viably replicate (jailer/cartographer/gemcutter), or they're easily performed by everyone (glassmaker/artist/tanner). Although seeing more specialized careers like this RP'ed would be awesome.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Hollow RPG 'Extended' Skills list:

Miner
Farmer
Bowyer
Carpenter
Woodcutter
Engraver
Mason
Architect
Animal Husbandry
Trapper
Hunter
Beekeeper
Brewer
Butcher
Cheesemaker
Cook
Dyer
Herbalist
Lye Maker
Potach Maker
Shearer
Weaver
Tanner
Tailor
Fisher
Fish Cleaner
Gem Cutter
Gem Setter
Glassmaker
Glazier
Leatherworker
Potter
Wax Worker
Bone Carver
Weaponsmith
Armorsmith
Metalsmith
Appraiser
Bookkeeper
Organizer
Diagnostician
Surgeon

Last edited:

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Good
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good

Miner
Farmer
Bowyer
Carpenter
Woodcutter
Engraver
Mason
Architect
Animal Husbandry
Trapper
Hunter
Beekeeper
Brewer
Butcher
Cheesemaker
Cook
Dyer
Herbalist
Lye Maker
Potach Maker
Shearer
Weaver
Tanner
Fisher
Fish Cleaner
Gem Cutter
Gem Setter
Glassmaker
Glazier
Leatherworker
Potter
Wax Worker
Bone Carver
Weaponsmith
Armorsmith
Metalsmith
Appraiser
Bookkeeper
Organizer
Diagnostician
Surgeon
Ooooo~

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Tanning and glassmaking are two very difficult skills that take years to learn and a lifetime to fully master.

Artistry, not so much, since it's highly subjective, but artistry people can collectively agree is beautiful is a whole different animal, which itself takes years and years of daily work to learn and master. Take @SallyPirate for example - she's been teaching herself to draw for years and it shows in her skill. Same with @Michcat, where you can actually see her skill grow by looking at the things she's posted here.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
One of my RP characters is an artist, but he's an introvert- hates talking to people and being around em, doesn't wanna draw for people unless they appeal to him, like they look nice-

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
I was hoping to use my new account for a different purpose but things don't seem to be going well...
I might steal one of these professions :D

Mad Hatter

All is as it should be.

Miner
Farmer
Bowyer
Carpenter
Woodcutter
Engraver
Mason
Architect
Animal Husbandry
Trapper
Hunter
Beekeeper
Brewer
Butcher
Cheesemaker
Cook
Dyer
Herbalist
Lye Maker
Potach Maker
Shearer
Weaver
Tanner
Tailor
Fisher
Fish Cleaner
Gem Cutter
Gem Setter
Glassmaker
Glazier
Leatherworker
Potter
Wax Worker
Bone Carver
Weaponsmith
Armorsmith
Metalsmith
Appraiser
Bookkeeper
Organizer
Diagnostician
Surgeon
I love this list :) I am going to reference it again and again :D I had a few ideas to offer that you might consider including in your list. A writer, a poet or lyricist, librarian(like bookkeeper), sign and tag maker(also engraver). :)

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
*Works with gems IC.*

Miner
Farmer
Bowyer
Carpenter
Woodcutter
Engraver
Mason
Architect
Animal Husbandry
Trapper
Hunter
Beekeeper
Brewer
Butcher
Cheesemaker
Cook
Dyer
Herbalist
Lye Maker
Potach Maker
Shearer
Weaver
Tanner
Tailor
Fisher
Fish Cleaner
Gem Cutter
Gem Setter
Glassmaker
Glazier
Leatherworker
Potter
Wax Worker
Bone Carver
Weaponsmith
Armorsmith
Metalsmith
Appraiser
Bookkeeper
Organizer
Diagnostician
Surgeon
This makes me veeeeery happy

-K9

thatguy090

Lord of Altera
i also know that it is common to "double major" in skills for instance someone who is a merchant might also be a craftsman of some kind to a degree, or it would make sense for a gem cutter to also set them and so on...

Angryboy

It was only common for them to double up on skills which were very similar. A gem-cutter would sell his gems right out of the workshop because it was easier than finding a merchant who'd buy them and sell onwards, it would also provide more profit for the gem-cutter that way; cut out the middle-man and all.

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't really consider that as a double-major.

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
It was only common for them to double up on skills which were very similar. A gem-cutter would sell his gems right out of the workshop because it was easier than finding a merchant who'd buy them and sell onwards, it would also provide more profit for the gem-cutter that way; cut out the middle-man and all.

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't really consider that as a double-major.
A gemcutter and gemsetter is probably the best example of a double-major in that case. In a case like mine, it's fisherman/cook, and they go hand in hand as well.

Angryboy

A gemcutter and gemsetter is probably the best example of a double-major in that case. In a case like mine, it's fisherman/cook, and they go hand in hand as well.
As I said, I wouldn't consider it a double-major because the two do go hand-in-hand.