Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Resolved] In game /date....

Teeke

Lord of Altera
The in game /date always shows it as being the year 2260...
Can something be done about this?

Please and thank you.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
It corresponds with irl date. It's still 2017, so it's set as 2260. It was 2259 last year I think.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
It corresponds with irl date. It's still 2017, so it's set as 2260. It was 2259 last year I think.
I'm not for sure but I think we've been stuck on 2260 for the past couple years. I could be wrong but I could have sworn some other folks had noticed this before. 223hero7 Was it you who noticed this a while back?

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Evil
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Although I'd prefer a settled year and progression of time, that varies between every character. Updating the year in that command is somewhat pointless in that regard, because using it actively contradicts player action in aging and timing.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
^What Deester said. At one point in the last 3 years it was 2259 but I'm not sure if it was last year or the year before.

223hero7

Lord of Altera
I'm not for sure but I think we've been stuck on 2260 for the past couple years. I could be wrong but I could have sworn some other folks had noticed this before. 223hero7 Was it you who noticed this a while back?
Yes, but it has also shown to give people wildly different years on occasion. I've asked someone to do the command, and the number they had told me was different than the one I got.

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
Considering the nonlinear passage of time on HW from person to person is this even a needed thing? Honestly I think we are doing well if all of our characters are in the same season from day to day let alone year.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
The idea of the command to show the in-game date is neat, but like people have been saying, it's a really pointless thing. Everyone's time for their characters is different whether we like it or not. So far the only minor use I've found is for coming up with a character's "date of birth", but that isn't even necessarily that important either.

TheSkye

Loyal Servant of Altera
I find that even if ageing isn't linear along with the date we could at least keep it for people to use on their diaries and journals, it's useful for that to have a dating system set up.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I find that even if ageing isn't linear along with the date we could at least keep it for people to use on their diaries and journals, it's useful for that to have a dating system set up.
True, but something dated the first of floodlock, an irl week ago, could be a year for someone else ic. The date doesn't really matter.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Emyn Arnen and its residents essentially go with a 1:1 time frame, having an accurate date would be greatly beneficial to us and I'm sure to many others.

I can appreciate that not everyone uses the same time scale, but how is that a valid reason for why a plugin should be left broken?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
1:1 timing is the least players should be going by. I can update to 2261 when possible. (It's not broken)