Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Rules for the Anhald-Fuvur War

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/proposal-war-guidelines.38025/

We're using Rygan's war guidelines as the basic guidlines for the war. Things that fall outside of what's detailed in the war guidelines are to be discussed and agreed upon by Cap and I beforehand (such as sneak attacks, exceptions for the rules, new rules, or what have you).

The intention for this war is to make it basically a (small) server campaign, where everyone has a chance to get involved, and making some fun roleplay. There is 1 house rule so far:

Temp characters (that is, characters specifically made for just that one instance - like a siege) have to be equal on each side. If one side gets 10 volunteers, and the other only gets 8, then each side can only have 8 temps. However, main characters and alts are still allowed to join, switch sides, etc at their leisure - they just consent to the appropriate repercussions in doing so. Players are only allowed 1 character in the conflict, and if they have characters on both sides, they must pick which one they are going to play for the duration of the war. Outside of involvement in the war, they can play their characters normally, but it is presumed that the characters not being played for the war are engaged in non-essential tasks.

Update: Supply lines, unless planned otherwise, are assumed to be unguarded and merely the peasantry NPCs of a faction moving supplies to and fro. As a result, when they are raided, it is peasant temps that are played by the other side and are slaughtered or captured by the raiders. This is the same for garrisons. In regions that do not explicitedly have a garrison, the other side are allowed to play temp characters inside for the defense. They are peasants, untrained militiamen, and a poorly basic garrison left by the defense.

---

Travel distance rules are as follows:

In the case of a normal march: For every one thousand blocks between the starting point and the end point of the march, it takes one day OOC to travel the distance. Each thousand blocks travelled as such means moving the war camp one "notch" forward, and roleplaying there as normal.

In the case of a forced march: For every two thousand blocks between the starting point and end point of the march, it takes one day OOC to travel the distance. Each two blocks travelled as such means moving the war camp one "notch" forward, and roleplaying there as normal.

In the case of ship travel: For every three thousand blocks between the starting point and end point (you cannot draw a straight line, it has to be in a body of water, for obvious reason) it takes one day OOC to travel the distance. Each three thousand blocks travelled as such means moving the fleet one "notch" forward, and roleplaying there as normal.

upload_2016-12-16_21-26-24.png
An example of a marching line.

---

Rules for attrition are as follows:

In the event of supply lines being attacked, the raiders doing so cannot participate in a skirmish, main battle, siege, or assault for one day afterward to simulate their travel back to the point of origin for their raid.

Combatants who have been out of supply for 3 OOC days take a -3 for every single roll, and another -1 for every day afterward they still lack supplies. On OOC day 6 of having no supply, they must begin rolling for death. It is a straight d20, rolling a 3 or below constitutes starving to death. This roll must be made once every OOC day they remain out of supply. The penalty for rolls continues to increase even after day 6, capping out at a maximum penalty of 10 at day 10 of having no supplies.

Forced marches immediately result in a penalty of -4 to every roll, after one OOC day of a forced march. This penalty ends after one OOC day of resting on the part of the combatants.

---

Ship warfare:

Ships are emoted by the captains, but must have a reasonable amount of people onboard, as judged by the war coordinator/main DM (Lannis). These people are vulnerable to attack, and are assumed to fulfill the captain's orders as demanded. If the captain says someone is manning cannons, and the cannons are shot by the enemy ship, then the player there may die.

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
reminder that if you're fuvur related and will be drawn into the war you can surrender to any anhald lord to become free of the consent trap and not have to worry about the war affecting you

same would go for anhald but none of us are the type of people to not want to consent to RP

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Cap, what exactly makes you so confident that you will win this war? Do you have the numbers you had originally?

And remember what Machiavelli said,
"People may go to war when they will, but they cannot withdraw when they please."The only reason I am concerned is that...
You're picking on some vassals that can't even defend themselves but don't want to surrender- when you yourself have minimum land that- at least in a conventional war- no one can conquer because it's just empty space. The war in and of itself is completely unfair in this regard

Secondly, will you spare women and children? Followers of Shallarana? What about people just supplying food and arms to their allies but no military support? Will you start slaughtering innocent people simply for their affiliation?
Do you truly have the guts to commit these kind of war crimes? Do you have the manpower? Do you have the right kind of people? What about citizenry to continue rebuilding? What about making your own terms of surrender? Good lords think these things through- they aren't things that are to be done when it happens.

Then what will happen if you do win? You'll have burnt everything to the ground because someone pooped on your lawn only to realize you burnt your lawn down as well. What if your conquered people revolt and overthrow you? What if they simply move? You have not thought about how you will treat the conquered, you only have conquest on your mind. That's how Alexander the Great screwed his empire- he just conquered and conquered and then never did anything with the land until he died and let it become split up by his various generals.

I'm a lover of war RP as much as the next guy- but when people who don't even have any soldiers or citizens are going to be slaughtered simply because their allied to someone that you dislike- then I'm going to call you out for being an unfair player. I'm actually more terrified than anything else for me and my fellow tiny vassal states who are affiliated with your opponents. And that's as a OOC player- you should see my character's reaction. Currently, I'm taking care of a low nobility House, trying to create a culture under our said House, as well as care for my town. And that's as lord-Regent. We have enough on our plate that if we have to worry about being ruined by people bigger than us, it's just not going to be fun anymore. You might tell me to surrender- but what good will that do? You'll just burn us as heathens or whatever or mistreat us because we're not Anhald-blooded. We came here to have peaceful fun until Astrakhan was sizeable and had people- not to be bullied around like in previous servers.

I shouldn't have to get screwed over if I support my ally- nor should I be screwed over if I surrender only because I'm harmlessly affiliated with people who may or may not be going into a war against you. I have no idea if Azerwind will fight you or not- so please take note of that.

I politely ask as a player that you remove me from your sights OOCly simply because I don't consent to any violence at this point in time- even if Azerwind is forced to join. I also politely ask that Staff take notice of this.
Again, I don't mean to cause a flame war or to sound like an ass- this was never my intention- I'm just asserting my power as a player and a possibly unwilling participant of this ungodly war.
im not gonna read this it is very long

slow ur roll

but if you're angry about being involved in the war you should've thought about that before declaring allegiance to the fuvurs

abandon your allegiance or surrender to escape the consent trap of the perfidious nwalme's defense pacts

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Just stay out of it and you will be fine???
That's not what I've been hearing! That's why I'm so damned concerned!If Azerwind ends up fighting the war, I'm dragged in- but I don't want to do that nor do I want to surrender.. but apparently those are my only choices...

I did not swear allegiance to Nwalme specifically or sign any of his pacts.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
That's not what I've been hearing! That's why I'm so damned concerned!If Azerwind ends up fighting the war, I'm dragged in- but I don't want to do that nor do I want to surrender.. but apparently those are my only choices...
do you not even read my posts

surrender doesnt mean i take your land, it means you promise to not involve yourself in any way in the war + acknowledge that anhald is the victor and in return i remove you from my murder list

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend

Just renounce your IC allegiance to Azerwind if they go to war. Deal with the consequences later.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Cap, what exactly makes you so confident that you will win this war? Do you have the numbers you had originally?

And remember what Machiavelli said,
"People may go to war when they will, but they cannot withdraw when they please."The only reason I am concerned is that...
You're picking on some vassals that can't even defend themselves but don't want to surrender- when you yourself have minimum land that- at least in a conventional war- no one can conquer because it's just empty space. The war in and of itself is completely unfair in this regard

Secondly, will you spare women and children? Followers of Shallarana? What about people just supplying food and arms to their allies but no military support? Will you start slaughtering innocent people simply for their affiliation?
Do you truly have the guts to commit these kind of war crimes? Do you have the manpower? Do you have the right kind of people? What about citizenry to continue rebuilding? What about making your own terms of surrender? Good lords think these things through- they aren't things that are to be done when it happens.

Then what will happen if you do win? You'll have burnt everything to the ground because someone pooped on your lawn only to realize you burnt your lawn down as well. What if your conquered people revolt and overthrow you? What if they simply move? You have not thought about how you will treat the conquered, you only have conquest on your mind. That's how Alexander the Great screwed his empire- he just conquered and conquered and then never did anything with the land until he died and let it become split up by his various generals.

I'm a lover of war RP as much as the next guy- but when people who don't even have any soldiers or citizens are going to be slaughtered simply because their allied to someone that you dislike- then I'm going to cry out for OOC help.

I sound mad, but I'm actually more terrified than anything else for me and my fellow tiny vassal states who are affiliated with your opponents. And that's as a OOC player- you should see my character's reaction. Currently, I'm taking care of a low nobility House, trying to create a culture under our said House, as well as care for my town. And that's as lord-Regent. We have enough on our plate that if we have to worry about being ruined by people bigger than us, it's just not going to be fun anymore. You might tell me to surrender- but what good will that do? You'll just burn us as heathens or whatever or mistreat us because we're not Anhald-blooded. We came here to have peaceful fun until Astrakhan was sizeable and had people- not to be bullied around like in previous servers.

I shouldn't have to get screwed over if I support my ally- nor should I be screwed over if I surrender only because I'm harmlessly affiliated with people who may or may not be going into a war against you. I have no idea if Azerwind will fight you or not- so please take note of that.

I politely ask as a player that you remove me from your sights OOCly and IRPly simply because I don't consent to any violence at this point in time- even if Azerwind is forced to join. I also politely ask that Staff take notice of this.
Again, I don't mean to cause a flame war or to sound like an ass- this was never my intention- I'm just asserting my power as a player and a possibly unwilling participant of this ungodly war.
I'll take the bait.

War Crimes do not exist as we are medieval, it's just seen as being a dick.

You can surrender and not be messed with, as Cap has said a repeated number of times.

Anhald has probably the most loyal players to a faction I have ever seen. If you wanna start uprisings and revolts go ahead my dude, I've always wanted to beat my shield in a testudo formation to club rioting peasants.

Also you're assuming a lot of things that are just the worst, have you tried RPly speaking to Anhald's leader about the terms of surrender?

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil

You're sworn to Azerwind who's in a pact to defend Nwalme so if they go to war by vassalage you'd be in the conflict. I don't know where your region is so I doubt we would even attack you, but you're overreacting a fair bit I think. Personally as long as you don't help Azerwind at all IC I'm fine with ignoring you exist.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
I don't mean to cause a flame war or to sound like an ass
i don't think you understand what this situation means. cap is not his character. just because peter wants to burn heretics and baddies doesn't mean that cap himself runs around burning people that don't worship ignis or people that overstep their claims.

I have to say that I've been reading these threads for the past few days, and among several others, you have sounded like a complete ass, even when cap has given you many opportunities to not even be a part of it.

vassalage is a part of rp and your house is a vassal to azerwind, which you voluntarily did. alliances on this server have certain connotations, and if you can't handle them then don't partake in them. if you don't want to surrender, then you are a part of the war because of your alliances. this is an ic war, so there is no reason for you to be terrified ooc. anhald isn't coming to your house and breaking down your door.

this is (partially) a realistic server, which implies that there is realism; you can't simply go along your merry way and think that you will have no troubles at all.

your initial statement;
Cap, what exactly makes you so confident that you will win this war?
is, in itself, the behavior of a complete asshole.

check yourself before you wreck yourself, my man.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
im not gonna read this it is very long

slow ur roll

but if you're angry about being involved in the war you should've thought about that before declaring allegiance to the fuvurs

abandon your allegiance or surrender to escape the consent trap of the perfidious nwalme's defense pacts
Its pretty immature of you to not read it actually

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Its pretty immature of you to not read it actually
you're right but he's responding to us being good fellas with a hefty dose of OOC hate that i really don't want to waste time reading

i did end up reading it and i gotta say jesus christ dude it's just a game