Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Scroll120's Application [Approved - Fronslin]

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Scroll120

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
Hungary, GMT+1

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yep

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: Using OOC informations IC, which your character could've never known.
Powergaming: Forcing an action on someone, with an outcome they have no say in. Like saying I chopped of your arm, now you don't have your right arm. Shame.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
Well, As you know, I'm an 18 year old hungarian student. My hobbies consist of skateboarding, fencing, writing, and gaming, and of course hating life(ain't we all). I can be sometimes overly sarcastic, but usually don'T mean mean comments.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No. Wanted to try out an rp server, found this, gave a chance.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, have they settled the ire of Titans and Gods. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through tenacity and reverence. The memories of their trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the stars flicker and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
Erwin Eindriði

Character Age:

Character Race:
Kaltic-Anhalder

Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)
Hair - Brown, Wavy, but cut kept short and cut back on the sides
Eye - Blue-ish
Skin - Fair, Burn-scar on right arm, and slash scar above right eye
Clothing - Dark, nearly black gambeson, some blood-stains on it, with a red scarf.Same color sceme pants. Leather boots and fingerless gloves. Grey-ish fur coat with hood. Under coat a sword iin it"s sheet hanging on a belt.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Get that imagination going.

Written Test(2.0, yeet)!
Are ya ready? 3 2 1 :

Cold wind swept through the cave, as Erwin navigated through the slippery rocks. The torch's light flickered one, but didn't gave in and kept the area lit, to Erwin's relief.
'I need to get moving.'-thought to himself, with s swift jumo, he scaled the wall front of him, getting atop the edge of the rock formation. Another cold burst of wind flew through the cave, forcing Erwin to move a few steps back.
'I need to find where this wind comes from.'-he squinted trying to make out shapes in the distance. A door? He slowly moved forward to the stone door. As he got closer he felt the wind sweep through the gaps in the door. Without hesitation he pushed against it. With a creaking sound, the door opened up. A giant hall layed behind it. Giant stone pillars reached up to the ceiling, ornated with words he could not understand.
'Sagas... '-he was fascinated. At the very end of the hall, the roof was collapsed in, yellow sunlight shined in through the hole and snow lingered down slowly. Erwin walked up to one of the pillars, and pulled some paper and charcoal out his backpack. He stuck the paper against the pillar and started scrubbing the charcoal to the pillar, marking down the words on it. He repeated this a few times until he ran out of charcoal.
'Should've bought more...'-he was disappointed in his decision, still the same ain't he? Tucking away the newly acquired notes and grabbing his journal, he made his way towards the exit, while marking down sentences in his book. As he got on top the the rubble, he looked back once more, then slid down the side of the hill. It was around midday, he saw some smokepatches northward from his position. Someone camping out here? As he got to the bottom of the hill, he started following the little stream that was flowing down from the mountains. As he got closer to the smoke, he noticed the campfire, there was a person sitting next to it. He hesitated for a second, but he was curious. He made his way to the camp, hiding his sword under his coat.
"Mind if I take a seat?"-greeted as he walked up to the person. It was a young boy, 15, 16-ish. Maybe he was thrown out after becoming an adult?
"... Yes.."-his voice was a bit trembling, but there was something off. Erwin didn't give it much thought. He sat down next to the fire, trying to warm his hands.
"And what a young fella like you, be doing out here?"-he asked while still staring into the fire.
"Young? I could ask the same, you don't look that older then me?"-answered the stranger with a question.
"Living my... life, I guess. Not how I wanted it tho..."-muttered the last bit. He can't go back anymore...
"I see... Let's say the same for me..."-he was unphased. Erwin still felt something off, but couldn't grasp what was it. Time passed by, they talked a bit, both neither of them was willing to share much.The kid started cooking some meat, Erwin pulled out a book and the notes he made earlier. He knew the words were familiar, it was an ancient language, mostly forgotten, only spoken by ones who studied the history of the ancient world. Luckily, with enough time he was confident that he can translate it, not perfectly, but to a level that he might be able to understand it. The sun was creeping the horizon, turning the stream's rushing water orange. With this warm color came the cold of the night, freezing breezes rushed through the camp, forcing him to stop his work. It was around early-winter, night came early, with unforgiving weather. He cowered himself with his coat, laying down on his sleeping bag. He's "companion" was already asleep. Thirst came on him, he went and filled up his canteen at the stream, but something had caught his eye. It was blood. Not much, a palmful patch, but it was blood. It looked like someone stabbed stomething or someone here... he hesitated, questioning his thoughts.
'Can't be... but...'-he turned back quickly, the stranger was still asleep. The night was quiet. The wind slowly passed through the trees, shaking some snow down. Something' off, but he wasn't sure what was it. He evaulated his choices. If he leaves now, he might survive the night, but the boy might die. If he stays, he risks everything he had done, but he might be able to save the kid, the feel of salvation grasped him, but he dismissed this feeling...
'I can't die yet, not here...'-he took a heavy breath. He felt the pressure on his soul. The weak must die, but it wasn't right, he knew he could help, but can he really? He shook his head, and went back to the camp and layed down. He kept himself awake, listening ho every noise. The wind stopped. He felt someone getting closer, getting above him. He felt the stare of someone, somone with and intent. Danger. He swiftly kicked the leg of the person and roleld back into a crouch. The person stumbled on the ground, person... As Erwin looked up it was the boy.
"You?"-he had the idea, but tried to dismiss it. He stood up, his hand was shaking.-"Why?"-his voice was calm, but deep down he felt sadness, why must it always come to this?
"Shut up! You don't know how it feels to be an outcast! How it feels to fear for your life every nigt!"-the boy was kackling, it wasn't anger, it was insanity
-"You did it?"-he knew the answer but he neede to ask.
"OF COURSE. The flesh of the innocent is so tender, so sweet."-he slowly got up, holding a knife in his hand-"YOURS WILL BE TOO."
"Enough."-Erwin was shaken, such innocent lives, tumbling down paths of the nasties. Emotions boiled up in him, hatred, disgust, sadness, shame.-"Grant me the power to extinguish the flames of chaos. Will to bring justice to the unjust. Ignis give me your power to bring order in disorder."-he prayed, as he stepped forward and ended the life of the kid. He didn't try to defend himself, it was over. Erwin's mind was dark, he felt guilt.
'The rain will flourish this forest'-he thought as tears rolled down his cheeks.
Why won't it stop?

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey Scroll120,

Really good to see that you have taken an interest in our server, and made an application! We would love to welcome you into our community :)
That said, before I can whitelist you, I am going to ask that you take another look into your written test. Whilst I do like your character- how you have shown he has an adventurous spirit and isn't afraid of taking risks- as well as a desire to do good- I ask that you reword your written test to closer align with the guidelines provided. Tests should not be violent (so please tone down the fight scene with the silver elf), aligned with the racial lore (for silver elves do not normally have eyes of a black ink color), and remove the references in regards to magic ( HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and is rare within the world.).

You can edit your post by clicking the Edit button at the bottom left of your post. Let me know when you have made the appropriate changes - or if you have any questions - I am more than happy to help in any way I can! :)

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.