Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Signature sizes

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Hello!

I vividly recall signatures (used to?) have a hard and fast limit for sizes. This was nice, and it kept unneeded clutter to a minimum. However, I have noticed a number of very large signatures which in no way add to the forum posts. Why have (some) signatures gotten so big? Is it ever going to go back to where sigs couldn't be more than about 150 pixels tall?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Personally, they don't bother me. So long as people don't make something that smothers my screen I'm chill. 150 is a bit limiting; people sometimes use gifs. Or, multiple lines. But yeah, just my opinion. Hasn't phased me in my year of being here, nah.

Last edited:

Teeke

Lord of Altera
It's not passive aggression nor is it specifically at you. But I don't see any particular benefit to large sigs, and I don't know when the size rules were removed

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Is my signature a culprit?
If it is, I'll change it right away xD

Sizzix

Doge Keeper
I like adding corgi gifs to my signature. I am not ashamed. (Though right now it is not a puppy gif.)

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
I am not sure if mine is to big, but I apologise if that is the case. I can not change it currently, because I am on a low charged mobile. :(

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Be happy this isnt one of those ugly looking fandom forums with no limit at all.
All of you are fine, trust me

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
About year or two ago, there was either no limit, or a huge limit. It got out of hand, and was horrible. I'm not gonna lie, I was a huge culprit, and had about ten quotes in my sig (@Faelin made jokes at my expense many times, was great stuff). It's much better now, whatever system is in place. I've yet to see another sig where I think "wow, this is waaaay too long".

-K9

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
I've been here for four years and what you've seen signature-wise is nothing.
TRUST ME.
People used to have like 3 huge photos in their signatures and it got to a point where I'm pretty sure half the threads became super long due to the fact that it had to make new pages for practically every 2 responses posted- a consequence of the humongous signatures.
I do see your point, although I agree with Elz in the sense that I havent really had any issues with them for the time being.

NiNi

MooCat
This can be fixed really easilly by anyone with forum admin permissions.

Go the the forum panel, then to the "Appearance tab" and click this:
upload_2015-7-7_5-37-13.png

Find "Extra.css"
upload_2015-7-7_5-37-38.png

And make sure yu put in this code, and edit as needed. It will auto-resize every picture thats used to squash them down to a reasonable size.
upload_2015-7-7_5-36-11.png

(I'll paste the text here to make it easy)
HTML:
.message .signature .bbCodeImage {
max-height: 100px;
max-width: 500px;
overflow-x: auto !important;
overflow-y: auto !important;

I hope this helps!

Teeke

Lord of Altera
This can be fixed really easilly by anyone with forum admin permissions.

Go the the forum panel, then to the "Appearance tab" and click this:
View attachment 65985

Find "Extra.css"
View attachment 65986

And make sure yu put in this code, and edit as needed. It will auto-resize every picture thats used to squash them down to a reasonable size.
View attachment 65984

(I'll paste the text here to make it easy)
HTML:
.message .signature .bbCodeImage {
max-height: 100px;
max-width: 500px;
overflow-x: auto !important;
overflow-y: auto !important;

I hope this helps!
@NiNi I love your post and it made me chuckle.

Spark

Broken
I don't mind how big they are as long as they're funny/interesting/creative.

Best one I've seen was @Tywin_Lannister 's where the old granny fell down the stairs screaming Allahu Akbar.