Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Speckhart - Application [Declined - Itzzaboy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speckhart

I think I might like it here
1. What is your minecraft username?
Speckhart
2. How old are you?
3. What gender are you?
I'm all man baby.
4. What country do you live in?
Sweden.

5a. Do you agree to read our Survival Guide before logging onto the server?
Yes.
5b. Do you agree to consult both our Tome of Citizenship and Everything you need to know page before asking any questions in the game?
Yes.
6. Please provide a lengthy in-character introduction.
'Hey, you need camel? Of course you need camel! Everyone need camel! I am Crazy Hassan, and I have a used camel specially for YOU! Camels last twice as long as horses, drink a third of the water, and just between you and me, look very nice. But come, you must see my camels! A camel for all situations and all permutations! You are stuck in space? I have space camel! Comes with it's own helmet and rocket! Buy now, I'll throw in bottle of fresh, best-quality air for free! Need to cross the ocean? Aqua-camel! Comes with its own waterwings! Great bargain - you buy the body and two legs, I'll throw in another two legs FREE! I have sold camels to everyone! No complaints! Tell your friends, tell your family! Bargain camels, almost never used! Ah, that one spit on you, it must like you!' read the flyer that had decided to stick to Speckhart's face. 'What the hell is a rocket?' he wondered absentmindedly while gingerly removing the piece of paper. He had finally reached his destination, the infamous Department of Immigration. The line stretched all the way around the block, people from both far and near waiting in quiet desperation for a chance to plead their case to uncaring bureaucrats.

He assumed the persona of a burnt-out bureaucrat, clutching a stack of randomly selected papers to his chest as he started to skip the line, people paying him no heed in his decidedly official looking robe. Once inside he took a good look at the place. The walls were made of cold, perfectly smooth stone without any hint of carvings or adornment and ahead of him were several booths manned by wretched creatures with skin so greyish and sallow, he ventured a guess that they had not seen the sunlight for centuries. 'Alright old fellow, it's time to do what we do best.' he thought to himself as he prepared for the harangue of questions and doubts that were about to be thrown his way.

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, what your interests and/or hobbies are and why you would like to be a part of our community in around 8 sentences or more. You do not have to disclose any personal information if you don't want to, but we'd just like to know what kind of person you are.

Hello, I'm Speckhart. I'm a Swedish warrior-poet/student and I'm currently pursuing the equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree in International Relations, after which I'll most likely study Mandarin/Cantonese or Arabic/Farsi. On my free time I like to experiment with psychedelic drugs, smoke cannabis, train MMA, go out drinking, play Minecraft and other games, watch old Film Noir flicks and many other things. I'm a black belt in Karazy, a master of Gorilla Warfare and a former member of the United States Marine Core. I want to join your community because you seem like interesting and good roleplayers. Lately I've been wondering why you insist on having eight sentences of personal information. Is this some data mining operation? Whatever, I like TV series from HBO, Showtime and a few select others. I like all kinds of books, but my favorite authors are Thomas Pynchon and Stefan Zweig.

8. Do you have any examples of your work and creativity, either in minecraft or outside? You can attach them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
Yeah, sure, let me just point you to my Linkedin profile.

9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
I am not and I have never been a member of the Communist Party.

10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
Yes.

11. How did you find out about our server?
http://minecraft-server-list.com/sort/RP/

12. Have you voted for us? (Click Here)
Yes.

Frostyvamp

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, what your interests and/or hobbies are and why you would like to be a part of our community in around 8 sentences or more.
Question 7 needs to be longer.
Also, your RP introduction stopped fitting the medieval/fantasy theme as soon as you mentioned rockets and space, perhaps even earlier than that.

Speckhart

Question 7 needs to be longer.
Also, your RP introduction stopped fitting the medieval/fantasy theme as soon as you mentioned rockets and space, perhaps even earlier than that.
Perhaps you should work on the wording. "in around 8 sentences or more." But sure, I'll get right on that.

Moreover, it did not specifically state that the in-character introduction had to fit the fantasy/medieval theme. I think you're playing fast and loose with the rules here.

Frostyvamp

I'm not a staff member, I have not written the application template. While your first point is sound, it is likely you will be asked to bring it up to at least 8 sentences anyway.
Also, had you read the guide to making your whitelist application, the first paragraph details that
Hollow World is a Medieval, Renaissance themed Minecraft server with High Fantasy elements and Roleplaying. Our community values aesthetics and adventure, things that shatter immersion violently are avoided.
It also helps to note that in your web browser, every tab open to this site is formatted like this: "Location on the site" followed by "Medieval/Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying"
Long story short, medieval/fantasy server, use medieval/fantasy characters.

Speckhart

I'm not a staff member, I have not written the application template. While your first point is sound, it is likely you will be asked to bring it up to at least 8 sentences anyway.
Also, had you read the guide to making your whitelist application, the first paragraph details that

It also helps to note that in your web browser, every tab open to this site is formatted like this: "Location on the site" followed by "Medieval/Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying"
Long story short, medieval/fantasy server, use medieval/fantasy characters.
I am fully aware that this is a Medieval/Fantasy setting. Because I did read the guide.

Nothing in that guide however demands that I stick to a Medieval/Fantasy setting for my in-character introduction, the point of which is to find out if I can successfully roleplay a made up character. If you doubt my knowledge of such settings or the various mores and tropes that define them, feel free to ask me anything you like about them. I can probably name over a hundred now extinct Medieval polities.

Frostyvamp

The other point of that in-character introduction, unfortunately, is to prove you have a valid and original character idea ready to role-play on the server. While I do like the style of writing used, as well as the idea, that introduction doesn't fit the "valid" component. I must agree that the guide is confusing, but there you go.

Speckhart

The other point of that in-character introduction, unfortunately, is to prove you have a valid and original character idea ready to role-play on the server. While I do like the style of writing used, as well as the idea, that introduction doesn't fit the "valid" component. I must agree that the guide is confusing, but there you go.
Maybe that's the intent, but unless the guide is edited or a staff member personally corrects me, I will follow the law to the letter.

UrQuan

Legend of Altera
Poor Speckhart. Just applied and already harassed. He's a cool dude, and I agree, the fact that he didn't think up a character yet is nothing of a reason to dismiss a test of writing.

Speckhart

Egg-sactly. It seems pretty illogical for me to write 6 pages of character background when I might not even get accepted.

But I did it anyway, hope you're happy now.

• While writing this script, I head-butted my dog so hard that we both screamed.

Eric V

Legend of Altera
This shows very poor attitude. You argued with members of the community who take time out of their day to come here and offer advice on how to quickly be accepted into the server. Instead you argued their advice, people who have already been accepted here, which proves they have more experience in this field then you. Furthermore you have spoken poorly about the servers guide, why is it that I had no problem reading and understanding it, as well as the other 2000 or so people who have been accepted, but you did?

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Declined for asking mods or admins to review whitelist application, regardless of knowing the rules.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Also, can we please stop harassing people on applications. If you dont have anything nice to post, or some constructive advice, don't post.

Speckhart

This shows very poor attitude. You argued with members of the community who take time out of their day to come here and offer advice on how to quickly be accepted into the server. Instead you argued their advice, people who have already been accepted here, which proves they have more experience in this field then you. Furthermore you have spoken poorly about the servers guide, why is it that I had no problem reading and understanding it, as well as the other 2000 or so people who have been accepted, but you did?

Very poor attitude? I'm pointing out legitimate flaws in a constructive manner and in the same breath that you condemn me for not taking the advice of community members you deride my advice as an insult to the guide and everyone involved in it's creation.

Itzzaboy, I have never ever asked you or any other mod to look at my application and I will be reporting you for misusing your admin privileges.

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
He didnt misuse anything.

EDIT: You asked Frostyvamp to check out your thread, So Itzza didnt lie, You did.

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
Staff or not, You were advertising and lying after that. An Instant, New copy-paste app wont fix anything.

Mrbubbles1951

Lord of Altera
You did advertise to a member of staff I can see it clearly on itzza's wall so don't deny it.
Also don't use the report function stating admin abuse when you are in the wrong.

Speckhart

You did advertise to a member of staff I can see it clearly on itzza's wall so don't deny it.
Staff or not, You were advertising and lying after that. An Instant, New copy-paste app wont fix anything.
Don't they teach English reading comprehension where you people live? I quote my own post "do not look at my application thread. That is not what I want you to do. "

Where in that quote can you see me asking him to look at my application? Moreover Camicaxe, it is not a breach of regulation to advertise your thread to an ordinary community member.

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
Don't they teach English reading comprehension where you people live? I quote my own post "do not look at my application thread. That is not what I want you to do. "

Where in that quote can you see me asking him to look at my application?
Your additute is bad, And also, That was not what you said.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Okay, so if you dont want me to look at your app, why did you link thje bloody thing right after?!

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt but your attitude towards members of our community has pushed me over the edge. I don't think this server is for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.