Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

SuperAlly's Application [Accepted - Jase]

SuperAlly

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
SuperAllyYT
2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
USA, EST
4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes I have and re-read it just in case I miss any important information.
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is just talking out of character when need to give info to someone about the character, or just needed to take a break. Powergaming is like trying to be too powerful and being unfair to other roleplayers.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No!
7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
I'm Ally, I'm Autistic and have ADHD, I've done drawing and animating as a hobby. I've done rps and been looking for a Minecraft server to rp on since I wanted to have a bit of fun rping.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Google.

Character name: Ally

Character age: 17

Character race: Human

Appearence:
A light peach skin with brown hair and brown eyes. Wears a raggy dress that hasn't been clean in like years.

Written test:
Ally is a 5'4 human girl who recently escape a slavery, she's been on the run for months hoping to never get caught and put back to the torture of working with no rest. She barley knew anyone and doesn't trust anyone, even those who try to help her, unless they convinced her that they'll help her.
Ally doesn't remember much except the punching and whipping she gets when she disobeys. She's always afraid of doing something wrong all the time, she has no idea who her parents are, or where she came from. All that she knows is that she needs to keep running.
Ally hopes to find peace and freedom someday, maybe it would be today, or tomorrow? But she needs to know if she's really free. After all, there's a 1,000 gold bounty on her for her return and the owner of Ally would give the person who manages to return her a free slave of their own. Ally is scared for her life and for others as well, but maybe, she'll be at peace sooner than later.
Ally hates the fear of punishment which makes her have panic attacks, she also hates getting weird looks from men and men only. Ally is a helpful person but she only helps the animals or anthropomorphic animals as she only trust that kind for their calming and comforting nature. Ally hates loud noises and very bright lights so she get overwhelmed when it happens.
Ally learns how to get used to those thanks to her adopted Elves parents. They decided they should try to reintroduce her to her kind and other races but most of the time it didn't work due to her past experience. Until, a bartender was in need of workers when he was introduced to Ally. He agreed to help the couple to help Ally socialize and communicate in exchange for crops and materials to help the tavern.
Ally has been doing very well since she started working at the tavern, she was felt she was useful, and she was paided for the work she has done. Ally still has trust issues and has trouble communicating, so the bartender gave Ally a service animal that's in a form of a cat. This cat helped Ally a lot to communicate to customers and to her boss as well.
Thanks to this huge improvement, the bartender gave Ally a room in the tavern for her to stay, she agrees and said to her adopted parents that she would visit them anytime when she has the free time. Ally now happily lives at a tavern rent free, working happily and facing her fears of other people.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey SuperAlly !
Welcome to Hollowworld. Before I can whitelist you, do you mind increasing the length of your written test to 400 words? What you add to the test is up to you, but some ideas are: what kind of a person is she? Does she have any likes and dislikes? Any extended family she knows?

I believe it is best for you to focus on playing a well-balanced character with not too much of an unfortunate backstory. Perhaps she knows she has extended family who can help her out? This would help move away from the missing parents trope a little bit more (that we try to avoid where we can).

The bounty for a run-away slave also sounds a bit high- it probably would be more realistic to be about 200-1000 radiants at the most.
Do note that within our world, slavery is quite rare. You don't really see that outside of a sentence for hard labour, or perhaps Nid Arach, the Jishrimite stronghold.

Please update your written test by posting below- or by updating your original application. Either or works for me :)

SuperAlly

Villager
I updated the post to add more to it, I should tell you that I'm Autistic and have trouble with making good backstories that are long, so if there's anything I should change, let me know plus any tips would help me as well. If it still looks unfinish, I would be happily accept your help with the Backstory.
My discord is SuperAlly#2126 if you want to help me with the Backstory

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Great job on extending the test! A few things that you should note:
- Autism as a term was only established recently- in about 1908 if I recall, there is no medieval equivilant. I think I am fine with Ally having a sensitivity to light etc, but Ally would probably not have any words to describe this. You will need to adjust your test to reflect this.
- Feline folk do not exist in Hollowworld except for the nakat who are an extinct race within Altera. I suggest you replace this with a generic race like elves.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Welcome to Hollowworld :)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.