Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Tao/Tehlmir application [Accepted - Wake]

justTao

Loyal Servant of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
justTao

2. How old are you?
17 years old

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
The UK and my time zone is gmt+1.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I would say It's a combination of things:
- using OOC knowledge when rp'ing IC
- power gaming: controlling an rp situation for personal gain of your character without taking other characters into consideration eg. not letting the other person talk or 'killing' without permission to kill.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
Hello, so I'm Hayden but go by the name Tao. I'm a 'artist in training' I guess, living in the UK. You can see some of my work on Instagram (@haydenbg.arts @campboykitsch). Art is my passion and I'm applying to university to study it further. I started playing games a lot during the first COVID lockdown which is when I finally bought Minecraft. I'm a nerd for cartoons and most things fantasy and fairies :D I loved Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter growing up, which I think is what sparked my interest in the themes still now.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Astalgon referred me. AKA Aelnic

Character Name:
Tehlmir

Character Age:
32 elf years

Character Race:
Forest Elf

Appearance:
Hair: Black, long braids
Eye: Brown, soulful
Skin colour: Dark, smooth skin
Body type: Slim, but slightly thicker than most elves
Clothing: Sports the popular green and brown aesthetic like the rest of his people. When he is at home in the forests he wears shorter more revealing clothing and longer clothing when visiting places such as Queensport. Both consist of leather, green cloth and sometimes leaves for decoration.

Picture of the Skin:
Tehlmir.png1609262640988.png

Written Test!

"Tehlmir!" Alena calls out, as she runs around thier home - a hole carved out of a great jungle tree. Tehlmir gently pushes aside the thin hemp curtain, that separates his room from the rest of the house, and reveals himself to his mother. "Hello momma," he murmurs. Alena's face beams when she hears him. He is her hope and pride for their family on this day.

Even as a very small boy, Tehlmir was never interested in the day-to-day upkeep and duties that the rest of his people adopted so easily. He would much rather escape under the huge roots of his eldnari and perfect his slingshot skills. Or scale the mightiest of the jungle trees to see how far he could possibly look beyond the eastern forests he called home. He'd ask about the world he hadn't seen yet, to which he received black and resentful comments from his mother. She refused to talk about it - her whole deminor would shift when he brought it up. He wanted to know why...what had happened to his mother? But he could see how uncomfortable it left her so he sought other ways of gaining this information.
Tehlmir visited scribes regularly. He travelled far but to him knowledge of the outside was paramount. On his first encounters with them they were hesitant to share so much with such a young elf. To them he was a deviant child - unwilling to take part in daily tasks and customs that held their tribes together. However Tehlmir was persistent which angered the few twilight elf scribes, but one of the youngest scribes - named Cidrin - entertained his determination and soon began to appreciate Tehlmir's passion. Awesome tales and and sagas filled most of his afternoons with Cidrin. He taught Tehlmir about the great fortifications and riches of the dwarves, the incredible politics of the humans and their kingdoms, and of his brethren - the silver elves, which he was quite fond of. Some days he would spend hours with the scribes and have to navigate the forests at nightfall. Much to Alena's dismay.
The young elf felt so much pressure from his mother. Even though she tried not to force anything upon him, Tehlmir still knew what she wanted for her son. She would often talk about her time as a hunter, they were warm memories for her. Alena was highly skilled. Some referred to her as a warrior which was no exaggeration. She would have become legend if the twilight path had not reached her so very young. After Alena's transition, she changed into the delicate housewife the tribe knows her as now. Tehlmir felt immense quilt for not taking interest in hunting, even though he has great potential in it. He would catch her staring directly into the sun sometimes, tears welling. So when Tehlmirs hearing developed he knew he had to hide it. He continued as though the gentle flap of pheasant wings weren't apparent to him. The morning dew tumbling from leaf to leaf. The placid sheep scratching at the forests thick mosey undergrowth. He couldn't maintain the lie however. Alena discovered his her sons new ability and all she wanted was for him to carry out her lost dream. A hunt was organised and Tehlmir was called upon - not a shock to him at all. He would take part for his mother and to improve his capabilities with a bow, but he knew their must be something else he could do to contribute to his tribe. Something more... something something more than hunting pigs and quail every week. The same practice the same preparations the same meal captured.... There was something else for him, he knew it, and it was beyond the borders of the forest that Alena trapped him inside of.

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Hey there Tao!
I am excited you chose Hollowworld and came here :D Lord of the Rings was the inspiration for Hollowworld with the first server owner, Cherbert, if I recall. I remember back when I joined, he used to stream Lord of the Rings Online. I very much look forward to seeing your art! There are many talented artists here on the forums who use Roleplay as their inspiration, making wonderful works of art. I look forward to you joining us!

Sadly, I cannot accept your application this post because your definition of Powergaming does not quite sit right with me.
If you can make this little fix, I will be happy to approve you as soon as I see an update! ^_^ I very much look forward to having you join us here in our community.

justTao

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hey there Tao!
I am excited you chose Hollowworld and came here :D Lord of the Rings was the inspiration for Hollowworld with the first server owner, Cherbert, if I recall. I remember back when I joined, he used to stream Lord of the Rings Online. I very much look forward to seeing your art! There are many talented artists here on the forums who use Roleplay as their inspiration, making wonderful works of art. I look forward to you joining us!

Sadly, I cannot accept your application this post because your definition of Powergaming does not quite sit right with me.
If you can make this little fix, I will be happy to approve you as soon as I see an update! ^_^ I very much look forward to having you join us here in our community.
Hey Lana! Thankyou for your reply :D I changed my definition of powergaming. I can't wait to join the community too!

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Thank you :heart: welcome to the server!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.