Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Tgmastergamer's Whitelist application [Declined - Niko]

tgmastergamer

Noble of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Tgmastergamer

2. How old are you?
15 (november/27/2005

3. What country are you from?
i am korean but i live in australia

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
yes, i have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Having imaginary guards/followers/friends that protect or give information to you is a form of power-gaming (And Meta-gaming in some cases). While it's hard to know something in OOC and not have your character know it in RP, nothing is more frustrating then a meta-gamer. This means not incorporating information you know to your characters advantage.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
obviously not

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Raal

8. Tell us about yourself
!
My name is Ian(english name) i haven't been playing rp games awhile but i do know some basics and how to talk to people in rp, i may be not good at it though
and lately i have been playing on other rp servers but i just couldn't find a good server but lately i found this server and decided to try this server as this server has lots of votes compared to most of the rp games.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No. i believe i have deleted them already...

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was just wondering through planet minecraft looking for cool rp game servers and i happen to run across this server.

Ian Dragkaness
Human(and a race with horns if there are as my character is a halfling)
Black Hair
Black Eyes
Always Wears a Black Mask
Has a Scar under the mask
Quit muscular
6'1 feet tall

The Start

As the sun grew bigger and bigger the sound of the children grew louder Ian wanted to play outside like his friends, but his parents wouldn't allow him to and rather focused me on sword fighting and melee combats. One night Ian was sent to a training camp by his parents. Ian trained and trained everyday and would get frustrated on how his parents would keep treating him and forcing him to learn combats. After 11 days of training Ian was full of anger. He decided he would Escape the camp, so he did he planned to cut through the gate and escape through as he thought it was very simple... The night came and Ian got ready to escape, he went to the gate and cut through it and ran until he realized that there was another gate, but this time there was guards everywhere. He told himself why is there guards everywhere in a training camp? He couldn't understand. He would think may be.. may be he was in a jail. "HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT THERE!" One of the guard screamed. Ian realized he had to run. Ian ran as fast as he could, luckily his forced training helped him escape out of their site and ran into a old man outside and tried to run, he was too late the old man had already grabbed his arm hard. Ian thought he was going to throw him back into training camp like every other guards would do. "get down" the man said quietly. The man pushed Ian onto the ground. The man stared at Ian's confused and scared face for a second and said "look this might be very confusing right now, but that's not the most important thing right now. We need to escape." Ian followed the man and would follow everywhere even though he didn't trust him, Ian just wanted to be free, playing with his friends. One day the man said with his low voice "So how long have you been in here for?" Ian replied "about 11 days" Ian would ask " isn't this a training camp for kids? why are you doing in this place?" the man replied "you really are stupid this is not a training camp for kids! this is a jail. They kidnap us all and is trying to sell us as slave. Ian realized what was going on "All this time i thought it was a training camp........" "Ian felt stupid." The night came..... The man quickly threw a blanket over Ian body and told him to be quite. Ian could hear footsteps coming from right next to his face. Ian became relief when he couldn't here the footsteps anymore and sat back up taking the blanket over his body and sees the man also with blanket on him "the guards here doesn't really guard around the jail properly so if we just have some blankets over your body they will just wont care" the man said. "How are we going to get out of this place?! the guards doesn't care why cant we just run?" Ian asked "they don't care, that's what makes them more harder to escape, they will just try to kill you right away..... Oh yeah i forgot to ask you what may your name be?" the man replied with a question. "Ian. Ian Dragkaness. May i also ask what our name is?" "I do not have a name" the man said "How come?" Ian replied "My parents raised me in here my whole life, i have been raised in here for my whole life..... i have never been or even seen the outside world" the man said. "oh........." Ian would slowly say "welp then im going to call you Dragner!" "oh why thank you my very own name.." the man would say in a happy voice. "tomorrow we will escape this ugly place!" Ian shouted "SSSSHhhhhhhhh!" the man would say as he quickly covered Ians mouth "sorry...." Ian apologizes.
The sun rises like as the king/queen would rise up from his/her's throne. Ian shakes Dragner and wakes him up. "so whats the plan" Ian says in an excited voice" the man would reply " i don't know may be we can distract the guards into one direction so we can escape through that gate" (Ian and Dragner would think for a way to distract them) "hey, what if we create a loud sound?" Ian would suggest "thats a good idea but how are we going to create a loud sound in the opposite side of this place from where we are?" Dragner says. "what if one of us goes tot he other side and make an loud sound and the guard from the inside will probably also go out to have a look and when they are out and we could access into the jail and climb out to where we are right now and we can run out together!" Ian would suggest "that indeed is a good idea" the man would say "ok so i will go now" Ian says " NO NO NO its very dangerous i will go i have been training in there for these kind of stuff there is more likely chance for me to survive" the says in a hurry voice "ok then i guess i will wait for you here." Ian would say in a annoyed voice. Dragner quickly rans through a dirty small gap between pile of dirts and run to the other side (he is now out of site for Ian). Ian wonders "what am i going to do when i make it home? what am i supposed to do when i get out.. should i follow Dragner? or should i just go back home?" Ian would snap out from wondering "lets think about this later. we need to escape first!." After few hours Ian hears a loud bang from the other side and would get ready to run, waiting for dragner. Ian waits and waits for Dragner and he wasnt coming back. Ian ran near ot the gates and tried to look for him and eventually found him locked in chains knees on the ground blind folded (slash) Ian cries as he runs outside of the gate as fast as he could while tears dropping down from his face. Ian finds himself crying in a small corner of a town. He snaps out of it saying to himself "I cant do anything if i dont move from something that already happened." Ian hides in one of the ships not knowing where it was going "any place is better than that jail" he'd say. Suddenly Ian was knocked down onto the ground like something had hit him really hard behind him. Ian would wake up and finds himself in a small gap between two house he quickly goes tot he nearest person and asks "excuse me where is this place?" the stranger would replied "its stoltfar, how could you not know that." Ian would run and run a random place and ran like as if he was trying to find something and sees a very familiar place. His home. He would rush in crying. Ian suddenly stops and drops to his knees and sees his mom's beautiful hair drenched in cold blood and his father's head lying across the room like he was killed violently. Ian cries and cries with his anger. Ian how practices combat and swords everyday non-stop thinking of' revenge and his first move was to get accepted as stoltfar's knight....... End

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time and effort to make this application to our community. Unfortunately, I am declining your application, but you can certainly welcome to apply again and here are some important pointers should you reapply.

- There is nothing wrong with the first half of your application. You understand metagaming and powergaming and I can tell that you did take the time to read through some of our guides and a bit of the lore. The issues I saw came from your character itself.

- Starting with the technical details, you don't seem to specify a definite race for Ian and suggest that it is some horned human/halfling. On top of this, neither humans nor halflings have black eyes nor do they have horns. You need to choose one race and read over what physical attributes a character from that race can have as per the race's lore page.

- Onto the more pressing matter, your character is an orphan assassin. This is a surprisingly common cliche and character trope within popular media and also seems to be a go to trope when people first start roleplaying. An orphan assassin is a character trope that can have many variations but features the main character with a very troubled and dark backstory most notably involving both parents dying in some tragic fashion which causes said character to swear some revenge or take up some kind of oath that leads to a future of violence. While this is a trope that many famous characters from movies and comics have (Ironman and Batman are both orphan assassins), none of us are professional comicbook writers or movie producers. For your next character, please avoid this cliche and come up with a new backstory.

- Lastly, I noticed that your character might be a self-insert in which you are attempting to project yourself into the shoes of your character to feel a more immersive fantasy experience when roleplaying. There is nothing inherently wrong with this, but I must warn you that you will be more prone to taking the RPs your character experiences personally which may lead to getting frustrated and angry when a particular RP doesn't go your way.

Once again, I want to thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to our community. If you do reapply, please follow my pointers. I won't bar you from making your next character a self-insert, but please heed my warning about it. I look forward to reading your future application should you re-apply.