Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

thatguy090 the mysterious blacksmith

thatguy090

Lord of Altera
Name: Solus Lupus
Nickname/Alias: Thatguy

Race: Human
Height: 6' 3"
Weight:82 Kg
Hair:sadly its a crome dome
Eyes: total white
Skin: slightly tan from work in the forge.
Identifying Marks: peirceing white eyes, and always with a minners cap and his smith apron.
Appearance: white peircing eyes dominate the facial expressions, and almost seem to glow at times. When people first see him they don't notice he is blind untill even weeks after they have meet him.
Strengths: a life of being a smith has given him great strength meaning he can swing a sword like no other, he also likes to mine his own ore making him an expert sperlunker.
Weaknesses and fears: he is slighted by his blindness only few times but inevitably it failes eventually. fears of some entity that no one else sees.
Religion and cults: He tends not to talk about it ... he was once in a secret cult but since then has left to find his way here ... hiding.
Profession: Blathsmithing, as well as work as an armourer and miner.
Backstory:
Waiting in a tavern is a joyous experience. Turning to your friends as they shy away you wonder what it could be. A hearty slap to the back that nearly knocks you out of your seat is followed by a bellowing laugh. Turning to see what it was you notice its the town blacksmith Solus.
"Oi what is it to ye laddy?" he says as you feel his eyes almost illuminescant, stare you into a freeze despite his friendly manner. "Oh don't pay attention to it lad. Here gather your friends I’ll tell ya-all a story that you'll love over a fine round of mead."
The mighty smith bangs the counter and orders a round of mead and mutton for everyone at the bar and people gather around for his story.
"Now this story is a little different from the tales of travel and battles long ago fought that you're all used to hearing from me," the blacksmith yelled. "Many of you have known me as your neighbor for a long time thinking you all knew much from me from my tales, but know im going to tell you the biggest story about me," he said with a sudden sullen look upon his face. "Well i better start it off before you get lost in your mead."
"The first part is of what many of you still wonder daily... my eyes. It all happened long ago in another time, in another place. I was born with these lecherous eyes of mine, and many of the town's folk thought me possessed from birth. Many wanted to stake me out for spiders in the mines, but my father being the mayor was able to convince them to change their minds. After i grew from infancy I learned faster than any other child, learning to read and write at an unprecedented speed, so much that one day an old wizard offered to take me as an apprentice, but my father wouldn't allow it. Instead I found another thing these eyes would allow me: Blacksmithing, now you may ask and still wonder today how a blind man like me is able to smash molten metal into perfect forms. It’s that I’m not "blind" as you know blind to be, its like a sense that replaces sight but is similar if not superior to it. Foresight, Hindsight, and a semi real sight I enjoyed and still do. Don't you call me mad at such claims; you all know it to be true. How else could I have known there to be a fire in central hall when the mayor and his staff were out campaigning against the creeper nests? and of my age ... i am not twenty-five years, nor have I been for over at least a thousand years. My father was mayor of a city of a far away empire called Caldaria in which I can trace some old families that live here from it. You all much understand that this is not something I share with you all lightly, after living through a millennia memories can be painful just as much as they are enjoyable, it is no joy to wake up in next to a woman you would call you wife and see her with wrinkles while you haven't aged as fast as a tree. This is part of why I never take a wife, it hurts too much to. I am however not immortal, i still feel suffering and still need sustenance to continue on." Solus said raising his mug and taking a long swig of the heaviest mead. He slams his mug and turns it as to signal another drink, with his eyes turning a very illuminenating grey.
People started drunkenly muttering to their neighbors about how "I never knew," or "I thought something was up with him that he was hiding. The smith seems too lost in his drink to finish his story as he does with the rest of them so as to finish it up at a later day.

(note: i hope this was bearable ... i am not good at writting stories and my grammar is attrocious i just tried to put a little effort into this)