Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Horrifying Scourge Of 'Port Traps' (And Some Minor Screwups)

Nemoy

Lord of Altera
Nemoy2001
Nemoy2001
WeSo I decided I wanted to map out all the travel routes in HW (which I have now found already exists in this forum, so... yeah.)

But in my travels, I found a serious issue:

Certain paid ports are set up NOT to ask for 5 radiants, but 5 emeralds (AKA: 100r).
Needless to say, this is a pretty big issue.

It seems a number of ports have this problem - Mockingbay-Astrakhan, Aelmere-Amaranthine, Linlea-Crow's Perch, and (presumably, I didn't care to lose more money) every paid port in Sanardú.

I can only assume there are others I didn't check/didn't notice.
This is a serious issue (I mean, relatively speaking: this is all mostly pretend RP money in a videogame), and I suggest the staff look over all the paid ports to weed out these issues.

Other Stuff:
- When traveling to Aeroch Nor from Mockingbay, there is a consistent bug where you get stuck in the floor and can't escape.
- Both Mockingbay-Stoltfar and Sanardú-Storm's Landing are listed, but don't work.
- Sanardú-Halbed is listed as 'Sangria' by the signs posted up
- Hurr Nor is only listed as "Savage Island" on the dynmap

Post Scripts:
-You guys really should repost the Hollow Travels guide in other forums to make it more visible.
- I noticed you guys didn't note down which ports were paid, and which weren't. If you're going to go through all of them to fix this issue, maybe do this as well. I can share some of my notes if needed.
- In the course of this whole thing, I spent about 600r in between getting trapped, buying passage, and buying food. If anyone is so generous as to recoup my expenses, that would be fantastic.

EDIT: OH MY GOD I JUST DOUBLE CHECKED AND APPARENTLY THE COSTS ARE AS INTENDED...
I guess the 5r ones are actually the bad ones. Welp.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Sanardú-Storm's Landing
That got removed for inactivity. I've tried having it replaced but it's a fair bit of effort to do so, apologies. :p

And I can edit that. Probably me forgetting the town name.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
- In the course of this whole thing, I spent about 600r in between getting trapped, buying passage, and buying food. If anyone is so generous as to recoup my expenses, that would be fantastic.

EDIT: OH MY GOD I JUST DOUBLE CHECKED AND APPARENTLY THE COSTS ARE AS INTENDED...
I guess the 5r ones are actually the bad ones. Welp.
Yah, travel isn't meant to be free. 100r, or 5 emeralds. I don't think you'll be getting the money refund. ;)

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Yah, travel isn't meant to be free. 100r, or 5 emeralds. I don't think you'll be getting the money refund. ;)
The boats cost radiants but the carriages from spawn don't for some reason.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
As mentioned the ports are suppose to cost 100r ingame depending on the distance from the first port to the second- if you find a port that does not charge you for a long distance, or charges you the wrong amount thats something we need to know. (Ports from Spawn included, will check that soon).

Can see why you're porting into the floor in some but

- Hurr Nor is only listed as "Savage Island" on the dynmap
These are things set up/requested by players so not something we change without their request.

-You guys really should repost the Hollow Travels guide in other forums to make it more visible.
- I noticed you guys didn't note down which ports were paid, and which weren't. If you're going to go through all of them to fix this issue, maybe do this as well. I can share some of my notes if needed.
It's in this section because everything Ingame tech related is in this section. For the reason of it is kinda a one-stop shop for everything a player will need in regards to assistance from staff and an easy place for staff to check to see if there is anything that needs to be done.
Also, every port does mention before you port if there is a cost if you read the text.