Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Nether Surviver

Magia_Fire

Lord of Altera
Dagen Blackmyst Lestat was learning magic in order to help his friend Warren Naudrake, a royal guard in protecting the kingdom of Agrona.
Upon his magic training, his mentor left to gather some materials for training and a large purple portal with an obsidian frame appeared in front of Dagen whilst he was waiting.
Out of sheer curiosity he touched the portal and was almost instantly pulled through. He was dazed for several seconds but when the strange new world came into vision, it looked like he was in a massive cavern with red walls, ceiling, and ground, fire and lava was everywhere keeping this place bright enough to see everything.
Suddenly, he heard an odd sound, and a fireball was flying towards him. Dagen immediately dove out of the way, almost falling into a hole that lead straight to a massive ocean of lava and an explosion was heard in the distance likely caused from the fireball.
Dagen looked back and saw the portal was just an empty frame with partially destroyed landscape around it. He looked in the direction where the fireball came and saw an odd looking big white ghost-thing with tentacles floating in the air. It did not continue attacking him, instead it flew over him, and as it did, a tear landed on his head.
A sudden jolt of burning pain caused Dagen to panic as he lost footing and he carelessly fell into the hole in front of him, and plummeted right into the ocean of lava.

Dagen later awoke after what he assumed was a long time and was boggled as to how he was still alive, it was strange. He was still in the lava, but it merely seemed warm rather than hot...
He managed to swim to shore and he looked at his arms to see that his arms were charred and pitch black. "It must be a curse, a curse of undeath" he said angrily, but at least it saved his life, kind of. he scavenged around some time, but with very little success, as he travelled through what he presumed to be hell, he found the locals of these lands, they were undead pig humanoids carrying golden swords. He attempted to communicate with them, but they seemed very...Dim.
Searching for even longer, he found a two pigs together away from the rest of the locals, and decided that gold was going to have to be the main material, although he needed to find some way to kill them, luckily it seems that gravel is in this strange world.
Dagen searched the gravel for a little bit and found two pieces of flint. He used one flint to sharpen the other and he made a small knife out of it.
He decided it would be enough, but would need to be cautious about how he'd kill them.
He managed to separate two pig-men away from larger groups with poorly made traps, and he stabbed one of the pigs in the eye with great force.
The pig-man dropped to the ground instantly and he heard the one nearby sounded angry. "How did he know that I killed this one?" Dagen asked himself quietly.
Dagen then pried the golden sword from the dead pig-man's hands and walked over to the other one he trapped.
It looked very angry as it wildly swung its sword, attempting to hit Dagen, though its attempts failed. Dagen took his new sword and plunged it right through the pig-man's skull, killing it instantly. As Dagen began smelting down the two swords make a new and improved blade, he realised he was starting to get hungry. He didn't recall seeing any food around here, and he still doesn't now.
He looked back at the corpses of the pig-men and sighed as he realised what the only source of food is going to have to be.
Dagen carved large slices of what looked edible off the pig-men.
He smelled the rotted meat once he was done, and realised how putrid the scent really was.
He slowly took a bite, not only worried about the horrid taste it might have, but what effects it might have on him afterwards.

After eating a small amount, he was immediately very ill and could barely stand it as he vomited on the ground.
He realised, sadly, he's going to have to force himself to eat it regardless.
Once he finished eating, he was still very ill, though he managed to get himself to sleep.
Dagen awoke and immediately got to work. He trapped and killed several more pig-men to get more gold and gathered nearby materials, including some sticky, yet sand textured material with screaming faces on them, and eventually forged himself armour. It wasn't much, and it would require plenty of maintenance, but it'll do.

He lived off the pig-men flesh for several years getting stronger, and having an easier time killing the pig-men over time, though he was still constantly repairing his fragile armour.
Dagen never made himself a home, he was always exploring for a way to escape.

While Dagen was exploring, he discovered a fortress. He noticed it was guarded by burnt skeletons, but more importantly, the skeletons had swords made of stone. Realising the potential use of stone, he entered the fortress, almost immediately being attacked by a skeleton, after fighting for about a minute, he thought he was winning, when his golden sword broke.
Dagen began to flee, tossing the hilt of his sword at the skeleton and tried to escape, though as he was running, he remembered something he kept with him all this time.
He stopped, turned around and sprinted towards the skeleton which was almost close enough to attack him.
Dagen tackled the skeleton, knocking it to the ground, and pulled out his sharpened flint and stabbed the skeleton in the forehead though, it didn't really do much.
"Damn it!" Dagen shouted as he got up and began to flee again.
He thought he was hallucinating when he saw a large purple portal far into the distance, though he ran for it anyway.
He reached the portal, seeing a miner was mining the glowing rocks that's so common in this place. Dagen ran into the portal, and he heard screams of pain from the miner last second as the skeleton was butchering the miner.
He was finally back in the normal world. Can't say the same for the miner, but it was better him than Dagen.
He smelled the fresh air, and was glad to be back home.
Though, he shortly realised he wasn't actually home. The portal was over a vast ocean. Dagen thought of where Agrona might be, but there's no landmarks of any sort, apart from the portal on a small obsidian platform, there's nothing here but water.
So he decided he'd have to swim until he reached the shore, no matter how far it might be. As soon as he jumped in the water, it felt absolutely freezing, and he struggled to keep himself afloat.
In panick, he managed to grab onto the obsidian platform again, he realised he's far more used to swimming in lava now, which is both thick and warm. This water is the complete opposite.
He waited for a while to get used to the fridgid waters, though he didn't seem to adjust to it very much, so he swam off, slowly getting used swimming in thin water again...
After several struggling hours, he saw a dock, and quickly swam over out of excitement, though when he got onto the dock two guards stood before him, both pointing halberds at him.

"Hello?" Dagen asked, both curious and worried.
The guard on the left asks "What are you, and what are you doing here?"
"What...Am...I?" Dagen wondered to himself, confused by the question.
"Speak now, or I'll strike you where you stand." the guard said impatiently.
As Dagen realised his curse of undeath he merely responded "I don't know".
Both the guards took a step closer, and readied their halberds for attack, clearly, they didn't like that answer.
"Wait!" Dagen yelled. "If you could just point me the direction to Agrona, I'll leave immediately, you'll never have to see me again."
Both the guards gave Dagen a curious look and the guard on the right responded
"Agrona was destroyed, over ten years ago. You know this, yes?"

Dagen took a while to think of the statement. Agrona destroyed? Ten years ago?
"What happened to Agrona?" he asked.
Both the guards lower their halberds, and the one on the right responds "It was reported by one of the few survivors, the court wizard. A portal emerged onto his field while he was gathering ingredients, his apprentice foolishly touched the portal and was instantly pulled in, seconds later undescribable hellish creatures began to pour out of the portal, and started to raze everything.
It was known that only a few people made it out of there alive".
"This is Diethanvale, the closest town that still has life left to the ruins of Agrona." Said the guard on the left.
Dagen wondered if Warren was still alive, though he remembered how honourbound Warren was, and probably would have fought to his last breath.
"We will not attack you, though you must leave now, and not return. You look too much like a being of hell yourself, and we want nothing to do with that, so be on your way."
Dagen nods, and takes his leave, though he doesn't know where he's going.

And so Dagen wanders, in search of a new home.

Still not complete, but I just remembered posting this three years ago.
A PROMISE IS A PROMISE. ;D

Last edited:

Magia_Fire

Lord of Altera
Keep going...Huh...I don't really know where to go after I've landed on Port Silver. I'll try to come up with something.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Because he went to the nether before he ended up in PS, and as a child/teenager/young adult very likely researched the subject and/or heard legends and lore of it.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
i think, that the more detailed a story is, the better it is to understand, so try to add a bit more of pull to your story, add things of what he does in the nether, and how he survives there, explain his pain and suffering, make your readers feel that pain, explain what he sees, basically add these to your story:

1:better visualize the surroundings
2: add more to the story, a better grip of whats going on
3: Give more of a feel to the readers, like sadness or pain
4: use this as a reference
http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/character-profile-of-woari-torke.3523/
add this too
http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/creating-your-character-profile.816/

Magia_Fire

Lord of Altera
Well, the purpose of this was just to explain the background story to this, but I've decided I will re-write the entire thing, including what Karasu1996 suggested.

I've not decided when I'll re-write it, but I promise I will do it.