Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Southern Wilds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
It is here!

Yes! The Bandit-driven lands of the Southern Wilds are back! However, there're a lot of changes, and hopefully you, the people, will like it!

As you enter the Wilds, you will be in the small camp of Smuggler's Tooth, which was built by the few Alterans who dared pass the bandit city of Protaras and venture into the Wilds. Past Smuggler's Tooth are three roads, each leading to a portal, which will take you to far areas of the world. However, these roads are heavily guarded by the bandits, who wish to protect their lands. The bandits, will, however, offer passers-by the toll, and then leave them be. Refuse to pay, and prepare to fight.

Now, the changes:

/home has been removed. This means people must walk to and make note of where their base is.

The World is permanently night, and is on hard difficulty. So remember, roads with light=safe, wilderness=dark=not safe.

The portals mean you are further out into the world, so people will've mined there less, this is because...

The Wilds, however has some advantages. The money you get from mining has been increased to 1.5 Rads a stone block (it makes a big difference.).

The amount of chunks you can claim has been increased.

A whole new world for you to mine!

PvP galore!

I'd also like to say a big thanks to the following people who helped out:

Cubeydoom
Cherbert
Royo_Royal
SparkInSpace
Mikipowah
Jagster
Jinx
DavyITA
Spearhorn
Lemon

I'd also like to add, camping on the lines of PVP IS FORBIDDEN. Destroying landscape around the spawn/portals will result in a ban.

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
ThankyouThankyouThankyou! ...my only complaint, and I absolutely hate to shoot at the biggest event of my day, is the constant night... There's no point on trying to survive until day. Where there is no hope there I fewer people... fewer people to hunt. :(
Anyways, Thank you so much admin team and others to who helped! We are privileged and blessed with a fresh, new, kill 'em all world, with a fresh, new camp, and sparkly new biomes. Long live the kings!

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Chunks have basically been doubled. So if you had 9 chunks previous you now have 18.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
PvP Galore... *edges back towards the Eastern Frontier portal*
*spots the block break increase*
Where's my pickaxe?!

DavyITA

The Lioness of Davia
Can you be attacked in chunks which you have claimed?
As far as I know, yes. (someone correct me if i'm worng please :])
Your protection, by having a claimed plot is that you can place-break blocks where the others cannot, and lock your door.. if it hasn't changed.

Spark

Broken
DavyITA said:
As far as I know, yes. (someone correct me if i'm worng please :])
Your protection, by having a claimed plot is that you can place-break blocks where the others cannot, and lock your door.. if it hasn't changed.
You can be attacked with a bow and potions but not with melee :(

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
I like the changes although as a simple miner, having to fight my way to a mine is going to be a challenge.

Bandits don't respect laws but they do rely on reputation. If a bandit asks for a toll, takes it and then still attacks then soon word will get out and no-one will pay their price. So if you're double crossed by a bandit then make sure you tell people and post on the forums. Remember reputation is king here.

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
Great work on the new world! Just one thing is bothering me though:

Past Smuggler's Tooth are three roads, each leading to a portal, which will take you to far areas of the world. However, these roads are heavily guarded by the bandits, who wish to protect their lands. The bandits, will, however, offer passers-by the toll, and then leave them be. Refuse to pay, and prepare to fight.
The bandits are killing on sight, no warning and no asking for a toll. I myself was killed multiple times without any warning whatsoever and I saw many people saying the same thing yesterday. Yes, SW is a pvp world, but shouldn't we have at least a chance to negotiate before being mauled by a horde of people wearing enchanted diamond armour and highly enchanted weapons?

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Great work on the new world! Just one thing is bothering me though:

The bandits are killing on sight, no warning and no asking for a toll. I myself was killed multiple times without any warning whatsoever and I saw many people saying the same thing yesterday. Yes, SW is a pvp world, but shouldn't we have at least a chance to negotiate before being mauled by a horde of people wearing enchanted diamond armour and highly enchanted weapons?
Well, just switch roads, or don't use the roads at all :) However I was hoping the bandits would offer tolls... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.