Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Wooden Figurine

Paragory

Legend of Altera
Name: Paragory
Race: Endermen
Height: 6'11" (210 cm)
Weight: 186 lbs (84 kg)

Hair: N/A
Eyes: Ethereal Green
Skin: Jet Black
Identifying Marks: N/A

Appearance: Paragory is a creature stuck awkwardly between human and Endermen. However, most of his characteristics would easily shift him towards the Endermen side of the spectrum. Paragory assumes a tall and slender form, characteristic of the Endermen. However, he lacks the long tentacles commonly found on the creatures hailing from The End. Instead, the tentacles are replaced by normal human extremities, complete with ten toes and ten fingers.
Paragory’s body is entirely black and textured in the same way the average Endermen’s skin is. There are no noticeable scars or burns that mark his skin, and his head is entirely bald.
Other than his lanky physique and jet black skin, the only other outstanding features are his eyes. The luminescent green eyes are a stark contrast to his dark body. Never blinking, the serpentine eyes watch the subject with a burning intensity: enough to draw the attention of someone who may not even be facing him.
Not even a close inspection of his face would reveal the telling signs of a mouth. However, when the occasion comes that he must speak, Paragory’s mouth is wide and lined with large razor sharp teeth behind thin black lips. His black forked tongue occasionally sweeps the surface of his teeth, as if grooming or cleaning them. When he does speak, Paragory's voice sounds distant, but fills the ears with enough sound to make it difficult to determine from where the sound comes from.

Personality: In words, it is difficult to do justice to Paragory’s personality. In a sense, the creature seems to be without a personality. One who would read this might suggest Paragory has a neutral personality. However, this isn’t entirely true: because that would mean he has a personality. The fact of the matter is, Paragory simply exists.
In an attempt to fit it in words, it would be like a wooden figurine of a person, but without clothes, color, scratches, definite features, or a face. At times, you would observe the figurine in an aggressive pose, with its chest presented forward and its arms crossed. Then, you would see the place where its face was supposed to be, and realize that it isn’t angry or aggressive at all: it simply exists in the pose it was positioned.

Strengths: At one point, Paragory commanded the ability to teleport himself to places within view. However, time has taken that ability from him, and now the best he can manage is a jump to The End.
In combat, his towering form and sizeable teeth sums up to a sizeable ability in battle. However, he is no master with the blade, bow, or shield, and combat is typically not his strength.
Wisdom. If it is one thing that Paragory is lacking, it wouldn’t be wisdom. There’s a definite difference between knowledge and wisdom. For a man might have the knowledge the fire is hot, yet still burn himself. A wise man understands the fire is hot, and avoids it.
Weaknesses and fears: Paragory’s appearance is not the only thing inherited from the Endermen. He has also inherited a distinct fear of water, and is harmed in a small degree by water contacting his skin.
Along with his phobia of water, Paragory is subjected to shake or vibrate when being watched or is stared at. This creates a degree of xenophobia, and inhibits him from being the center of any attention. If he is under a constant gaze or if multiple eyes are upon him, Paragory becomes agitated and aggressive, though it would not evoke him to outright violence.

Religion and cults: Paragory does not follow in the ways of any of the gods or goddesses of Altera. While some of his actions or characteristics may lean towards the teachings of one god or goddess, there is no true distinction to which one he follows.
In his time in Altera, Paragory has never stated whether or not he believes in any of the gods or goddesses. Instead, when he speaks of any of them or their teaching, he speaks very diplomatically: never suggesting support or disproval.
Profession: Though most might not see it as a profession, Paragory would best describe his job as an observer. In the outskirts of conflicts, triumphs, research, and events, Paragory is usually always watching with his ethereal green eyes: never voicing his disproval or his support. Some who speak of him often joke he’d make a great diplomat, considering he never gives a definite answer when asked about his beliefs. Typically, Paragory records his major observations of events in a series of books titled “The Analects”, which are little more than a record of what happened and what might become of the situation.

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
So if I ever come across you should I keep my eyes on the ground or are you safe to look at?
Oh I dream of meeting an endermen that instead of randomly placing blocks here and there and get really angry when I look at him would teleport himself to my house and re-arrange the furniture in a fabulous way.

Paragory

Legend of Altera
So if I ever come across you should I keep my eyes on the ground or are you safe to look at?
Oh I dream of meeting an endermen that instead of randomly placing blocks here and there and get really angry when I look at him would teleport himself to my house and re-arrange the furniture in a fabulous way.
That would probably be polite, but it doesn't affect him too dramatically. Only on occasion does he tend to shake or vibrate, and he would never attack.
I'd hate to ruin your hopes and dreams, but Paragory isn't much of an interior designer.

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
Oh.

*Pats Paragory on his leg because she can't reach his shoulder*

That's okay. I rather like my furniture the way it is anyway.

Paragory

Legend of Altera
It's probably better this way, considering moving someone else's furniture around is considered griefing.