Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

TheGuyRy's Application [Accepted] - [Fronslin]

TheGuyRy

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
TheGuyRy

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
US of A

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yep.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Using out of character variables to influence one's in-character's power, be it information or excessive power/control over characters' abilities.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
I'm an enjoyer of the outdoors and I love philosophy. I haven't played too many games as of recent, but I'm trying to get back into this one to socialize in a world where there's little capacity to do so. I've got a handsome cat named Pancho and I enjoy doing pixel art. I go to school for biology; I don't consider myself the best writer, but I like to think I have the capacity for world building and "improvising", or as my national award says, "B.S.ing". I believe that's about all there is to me.

Here are some screenshots of a texturepack I've been working on over the years:
2019-04-15_16.58.33.png2020-06-29_20.02.46.png
2019-07-16_18.20.41.png
8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Nope, searched PMC.

Character Name:
Rez

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Darker olive skin, light brown/gray hair, light stubble, green eyes, beige simple robes/tunic.

Written Test!
Rez is a solitary individual who originally hailed from the Soolera. His parents, Eiden the Forest Elf father and Femila his human mother, were both born True Soolera. When Rez was quite young, on one of his first Fadmas, he met a girl his age, named Zeema. Their destinies were written by the divine in stone the second they saw eachother. But their caravans had different paths, they only saw eachother every Fadma. One year, when they were both approaching adolescence, Zeema had an eligible bachelor, Lemso, on her hip of who her parents selected.

Although Lemso was to marry her, Lemso saw the bond that Rez and she had. Lemso knew he had to do something if he wanted to marry her. Lemso arranged and paid a band of mercenaries to kidnap Rez. The next Fadma, Lemso convinced Rez to have a few too many drinks, he told Rez,

"...Follow me Rez, there's an oasis I found beyond the canyons ridge I want to show you."

Rez followed Lemso, not suspecting any possible foul play. As they were walking further and further from the light of the party, the campfires and the music grew dimmer and quieter. Rez tripper over a rock and fell to his knees. He reached up towards Lemso for help back up, but saw a different figure, a stranger. He was hit over the head and couldn't recall what happened next.

He was awoken by the splash of cold, dirty water, with chains on his wrists and ankles. He was being thrown onto a platform in a place he had never seen, surrounded by individuals yelling out prices to inevitably pay for his very soul. He eventually became the rightful property of a noble family.

As every year passed, so did his experience as a slave, he served many masters. His greatest motivation was to find those which brought him into the world, no matter how cruel it may be. When he was 27, he overheard a nobleman's wife mention the name Eiden. He was so desperate for a deeper meaning to life, that he took the risk to confront this noblewoman and inquired what she knew of Eiden. He told this woman his entire life story. Her eyes widened when he told her that he was Eiden's son. She told Rez that she knew where he was and that she could bring father and son together, for a price.

She said that if Rez poisoned the noblewoman's husband's wine, that she would not only re-unite the two, but would set him free. Rez didn't think twice. He knew he would do anything and everything to achieve such a goal. At a lush party, the noblewoman and Rez met in secrecy, where she gave him a small vial of a bright green fluid. She instructed him to pour it into a specific wine chalice on a platter, and to offer it to her husband. Rez did as he was instructed and within seconds, as Rez was walking away with the tray of wine, one chalice absent, the nobleman collapsed, eyes bulging from his pale blue asphyxiated head, pointing directly at Rez.

Everyone looked at Rez, knowing exactly what had happened. Rez didn't know what to do, he was attacked by the nobleman's guards. Next thing Rez knew, he was in a dark cell. The wife came to visit him. She told him that he was going to die for what he did. Rez didn't understand, what about her promise? What about his family? But he had to know why. Why not anyone else? He asked the woman to which she said,

"It was many-many years ago when I first met your father...I thought I loved him. But my father made it clear that you roaming animals are lower than filth, and that you are all manipulating fiends who will wiggle your way through life. You were the absolute final reminder that I needed to remove from this world of that disgusting creature who tried to trick me into loving him!"

It became clear that she never had any intention of setting him free. And that he was going to meet his father, in death. There was no trial, there were no hearings. He was sentenced to death by exile. He was left in the scorching desert, naked, with nothing to call his own. He wandered the desert, being cooked alive until he collapsed and had a vision, or perhaps a mirage. It was a tortoise staring at him with a bewildered look, which then walked off. Rez, taking this as a sign from the gods, followed the tortoise over the course of days, not moving any faster than the tortoise itself. It was draining every last drop of hope and energy he had, until one day he looked up, saw no tortoise and collapsed. When he awoke, he found himself laying in front of a small pool of water, surrounded by greenery. He drank until his stomach could hold no more.

From there, every day blurred together. Over the years, he learned to survive in the desert. Finding life where all is lifeless. He devoted his life to that of self discovery and self reliance. The years of living in the desert gave him time to reflect on all the suffering he endured, and that which he continued to endure in the desert. He became somewhat of a monk. He soon began to realize that he had one responsibility in life, to learn to love life and to help others do the same, so he wandered the world in search of further meaning and to help others find their own.

He lacks knowledge of the world, but has a wealth of wisdom for life.

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Using out of character variables to influence one's in-character's power, be it information or excessive power/control over characters' abilities.
Please explain the difference between the two.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.

I enjoyed your story, Looking forward to seeing you server side, if you have any questions feel free to ask someone with a + next to their name, Using our Help channel in the minecraft channel /ch help

Or by asking for help on discord.