Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Tjibbe's Re-Application [Approved - Wake]

Tjibbe

Lord of Altera
Tjibbe_Spoelstra
Tjibbe_Spoelstra
1. What is your Minecraft username?

Tjibbe_Spoelstra

2. Where is your last approved Whitelist Application?

I applied for the first time in May of 2012. I was active on HollowWorld for a good 6 months or so.

Here's my original application:

(Just a warning - it's extremely cringy. Read it at your own risk... I was 12, give me a break.)

3. Have you re-read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides again?

I have, yes.

4. Tell us about yourself!

I'm currently 21 years old and living in South Africa. I'm a full-time medical student but I enjoy playing games to relax.
Minecraft has been one of my favorite games through all these years and I really miss the RP environment HollowWorld offers.

New character description

Character Name
:

Sylvis Hal'Kelran

Character Age:

27 years

Character Race:

Moor Elf

Appearance:
  • Build - Slender, 6'4ft
  • Hair - White​
  • Eyes - Violet​
  • Skin - Dark grey​
  • Clothing - Neutral dyed leather boots, belt with a stained, white velvet vest.​
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

101a99779b4150abf407b0adc1d6f04e9a95678c.png

Brief character profile:

Hailing from a the rocky isles of Linlea, Sylvis feels frustrated with his family's expectations and culture.

Sylvis comes from a long bloodline of Noble Moor Elf, but feels he has wasted most of his life staying within the safe boundaries of his clan. He seeks new settlement elsewhere, despite the disapproval of his clan Elder, hoping to find fulfillment and experience new things. On his travels Sylvis often falls victim to prejudice from other races, which he reacts to with aggression due to his short-temper.

Besides the occasional conflict he spends most of his time in large crowds in taverns, lurking and listening, fascinated by the stories others tell. Sylvis finds himself imagining the stories of the drunken men in vivid detail, seeing himself as the protagonist in his mind's eye. He has never even touched a weapon in his life, but he temporarily forgets his bland and lonely past and becomes a courageous hero.

Other times he strolls through busy marketplaces, with no intention of buying anything, he studies the townspeople and they way they speak. He enjoys hearing the blend of languages in the buzzing of the lively marketplace, since most of his life he has only heard Mok’yra. All his life he was told that his language was sacred and should not be shared with any folk.

Sylvis enjoys being by himself but longs for companionship, the type of companionship that lasts a lifetime. Although, he is not too sure he believes in love as of yet. The closest thing he has had to such a companionship was his childhood friend, Sionia Tel'Keygella.

Sionia was the child of his family's servant. Their close relationship started at a young age, and was regarded as harmless, but as they grew older the families raised their concern. Shortly after his Coming of Age Ceremony, Sylvis' father Othorion, prohibited Sylvis from seeing Sionia. Sometimes Sylvis thinks that this sparked his dislike for Moore culture. He often wonders if Sionia still thinks about him as much as he does of her, to this day he does not wear any of his Noble ornaments - in her remembrance.

Sylvis has a strange relationship with religion. He finds the stories of gods and magic fascinating but does not participate in the worship of any of these gods. Although he does fear their power and he often wonders if a god is punishing him when running into misfortune.

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Hello there, Tjibbe =) Welcome back to Hollowworld.
The setting has changed much since 2012, but I am certain you already understand that from the lore. Queen Grief was finally defeated back in 2014 on Altera Four, the same Realm as our current setting (though not the same Continent). Times have changed since then, both OOCly and ICly- and I very much look forward to having you back with us! :D
Come April 2021, Hollowworld will be ten years old! It overjoys me to see an old face returning, especially since I myself joined in 2012.

Before I can accept you, however, there is a quick single issue with your re-application.

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)
The brief character story must be at least 400 words. Your own is only 110 words. I am sorry for asking more of you, as the character background is very sound at the moment given they are from Linlea and you understand Moor Elf lore quite well. Tell us more about your character Sylvis and their personality in more detail :D
I very much look forward to approving you so you can jump straight into Roleplay :heart:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I very much look forward to hearing about your adventures in Roleplay :heart: Welcome back

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "Mentor." I'm here to help.

yebuC

Lord of Altera
Hello there, Tjibbe =) Welcome back to Hollowworld.
The setting has changed much since 2012, but I am certain you already understand that from the lore. Queen Grief was finally defeated back in 2014 on Altera Four, the same Realm as our current setting (though not the same Continent). Times have changed since then, both OOCly and ICly- and I very much look forward to having you back with us! :D
Come April 2021, Hollowworld will be ten years old! It overjoys me to see an old face returning, especially since I myself joined in 2012.
Sorry for late, As I can remember, Grief was defeated in September 2013.