Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Toorving jok Fenra (Infernohawk Profile)

Infernohawk

Lord of Altera
Name: Toorving aum Fenra (Infernohawk of the Phoenix)
Nickname/Alias: Toorving, Inferno
Race: Fenra (Phoenix)
Height: Average
Weight: Average
Hair: Orange, yellow, and red feathers
Eyes: Gold
Skin: Not visible
Identifying Marks: He looks like a hybrid of a bird and a man. (Hybrid form)
Appearance: Red, yellow and orange feathers, with some prominent head feathers and
Strengths: Fire magic, which in Fenra terms can be used for almost anything (healing, destruction, and the occasional time travel) Archery, strategy, making people confused by speaking in Fenra. Fenra are relatively level headed unless insulted or annoyed. They are near immortal unless killed in certain specific ways.
Weaknesses and fears: Fenra are extremely vain and rarely tolerate insults. They have a strong hatred of Mermaids (Murmadas) and of Demons (Fenrukmal, Fire Corrupters). He also has a strong hatred of Dragons due to an ancient feud going back thousands of years.
Religion and cults: Strong reverence of the sun, which he calls the greatest creation of the Fenra race. Fenra spells often carry a reference to the sun or fire itself.
Profession: Builder, mage.

Toorving lived in ancient Altera before the rise of the current age and has seen many kingdoms rise and fall in that time. He left Altera shortly before the current age and only recently returned from the Fenra homeland which is hidden far away. His objective is to help protect Altera from the rising force of the Endrunai (Ender Prince) whom the Fenra consider to be their worst enemy in this world. He intends to begin to spread the magic and powers of the Fenra before the battle can begin in full and swears to help and defend those who go against the Endrunai.

Infernohawk

Lord of Altera
And now... story time...

In the beginning the Earth was but a dark sphere, lifeless, and void. Above the Earth a black moon glowed faintly, illuminating what little of the Earth there was. However, then the Fenra came to this world. They illuminated the Earth's black night with their gentle flame like glow as they glided across the dark ocean and its shores. However, they saw that the Earth need more than the light of the Fenra. And so they began to weave one of the most powerful spells known in this dimension: Fenraira, or Sun Birth. To do this, the Fenra concentrated their power to one female, and she sang one of the most beautiful and powerful songs ever known. (I picture this personally, its the first song which lasts til 1:45. Hayom Kadosh.
)
And out of that song the sun was born. And from the darkness the shores of Altera saw their first Sun rise... and so the world began.

vanar

Legend of Altera
*tear swells* that is an amazeing song im planing to gey my own its gonna be a undeadish song also id like to see some background lore story
*burst into tears* omg this is a great song it so represents you dud gj

Infernohawk

Lord of Altera
Ermm... not sure what you mean by background lore story.... like for Toorviing or the Fenra?

And if you liked that you should hear the other 2 cycles... Movement of the Day and Movement of the Night

vanar

Legend of Altera
like how you were born where you once live an how did it come to you going to altera
also i updated my profile it has a hyuge sory of an old man narateing my past and what came to me being in altera

Infernohawk

Lord of Altera
I might go with how I came to Altera...

"Toorviing? Toorviing? Kalmunaq mulshanra Tooviing! Arise from your slumber."
I lift my head out from under my right wing and look up to see a small palace messenger hovering above my perch. Dawn has begun its gradual glimmer above the eastern section of the mountains that surround our great forest. Within the center of our forest is another lone mountain, upon which stands a great white tree which reaches up to the heaven's. The forest is quiet, with on a few Fenra flying around in the early hours. However, soon enough it will become a bustling center of activity. The Fenrana (Young Phoenixes) will soon begin their lessons in flight, magic, and the history and philosophy of our race.
"Toorviing my friend... graz! Focus! The Fenrirsa (Our name for the Queen, literally Sun Singer, the one who sang the sun into existence. Though she is not actually ruler of our land, as there is none, she is highly respected and her words are never disputed) is waiting. The Endrunai returns sooner than we expected."
"Mmm... this was not for seen... we must take haste then my friend..."
I spread my orange, yellow, and red wings and take flight over the forest.

Infernohawk

Lord of Altera
ohhh.... I think I'm going to hurt someone... I had so much written down and I accidentally hit back.... gahh! I'll redo it tomorrow.

Infernohawk

Lord of Altera
Ok I finally am getting around to posting this and I think/hope its good...

We turned our course and flew towards the great white tree. We call it Trekulma, the Mother Tree. It was created by the very same spell that Fenrirsa wove to create the sun. Its white bark radiates the same majestic light as the moon, and its leaves are a deep gold that shimmer in the tree's radiant light. The leaves are believed to have some of the most powerful magical properties within this realm, however, we dare not desecrate Trekulma to discover this.
And then there is the forest itself. We call the trees that live here Tremuk. Each Tremuk is not an independent being, but rather they all share the same root system with each other and with Trekulma. Their leaves are not only green, but they are also red, orange, yellow and purple as in autumn, but they never fall. As a coming of age ritual, each Fenra will sing his or her own Tremuk into existence. The Tremuk are not only our homes, but they are also our spiritual guides, as each one has its own spirit. Where these spirits come from, we do not know.
Trekulma approaches quickly. The Mother Tree is massive, its very branches are the size of the largest trees in all of Altera. As we grew closer, the behemoth branches bended and shifted out of our way, allowing us easier access to the inner parts of the canopy. At last we arrive at a sphere formed by a tight knot of branches near the center. Two Fenra sit perched between us and the sphere, keeping watch over what lies within.
"I am Toorviing, sok jum Sulesha aum Grozkul. I am here to respond to the summons of the most honored Fenrirsa."
"Ah yes... your arrival is expected..."
"Rok!" The two cast in unison.
The sphere of branches twisted and turned until there was an opening in the center of it.
"Proceed Tooviing, she meets with you alone." The messenger told me.
I flew through the opening and it sealed again behind me. Within the sphere, there was a small pool of water covering the bottom quarter. The water was crystal clear, yet shimmered due to the light of the tree. It casted small streaks of color all over the room as the light refracted across it, giving the sphere a living, pulsating feeling. The upper quarter was enchanted, so that it appeared as the black starry night. Fenrirsa was perched on the other side of the sphere from me. She is a majestic Fenra. Her feathers are white, like a fresh fallen snow from the South lands. Her beak is a radiant gold, and her talons are transparent yet appeared as unbreakable as diamonds, and her eyes are a deep aqua blue, within which there is a gentle, benevolent, and wise spirit.
"Fenrirsa, most honored one, it is a pleasure." I said to her with a bow of my head.
"It is a pleasure to see you as well young Toorviing," her gentle voice replied, "but I am afraid we do not have time for pleasantries. Please, take a perch."
At her words a branch stretched out from within the pool of water and I quickly landed on it to rest my tired wings.
"I assume you know why you are here young one?"
"Yes, the Endrunai returns."
"Not yet, but soon. Sooner than we expected I am afraid. And if he managed to hide himself from even the sight of Trekulma, he may be far stronger than last time."
"How long do we have?"
"3 months or so... he hasn't shattered his chains yet but soon he shall return to this realm."
"And where am I going?"
"Altera, a land far from here."
"And why there?"
"It is the home to many races, and to many powerful cities and nations as well. You need to go there and settle down and begin to prepare for his return. He will be unrelenting...."
"As you wish most honored one. I am ready to leave now if you wish."
"Indeed, there is no time to waste. I shall send you to Brustenburg, a small city near the edge of the great city of Port Silver. Your arrival should be inconspicuous enough there to not attract any attention. This realm depends on the defeat of this fenrukmal... this demon... and so do many other realms... go well child of the Fenra. May the blessing of the sun be upon you."
"And you as well most honored one." I said with another bow of my head and a flourish of my wings.
She gave a faint smile (Fenra smile with the eyes) at this and begin to recite a spell. Her voice was beautiful, sounding as harmonious and passionate as the day the sun began to burn in the heavens. White flames began to emerge from her wings, and slowly these flames began to form a sphere around me. This sphere then began to close around me, until suddenly it and the room around it disappeared and I felt my body thrust through space and for a moment I lost all awareness of self as my spirit was pulled through the passage.
Next I was aware I was standing in the empty square of a small city. I was in a hybrid form, standing as a man but covered in feathers as intense are fire. "Welcome to Brustenburg" A nearby sign said. The market stalls around me were empty as the sun was just beginning to peak above the horizon. I took a moment to take in the glorious rising of the Fenrir, and then pressed on to the docks and the adventures ahead.

Infernohawk

Lord of Altera
Woooooo updates!

Fire burned across the docks as the first wave of the landing party arrived in Lindisfarne. High above the city a black dragon screeched as it prepared to dive towards its new targets. I quickly flapped my wings to give me an extra jump as I tried to dodge the black and purple beast. I was still not quite used to my hybrid form and ending up landing hard on my right arm then I had intended, causing an odd shock sensation to go up it. The dragon roared and a ball of black and purple flames shot from its mouth and obliterated the small boat four other men and I had used to reach the city. Two of them were killed instantly, their bodies incinerated in the unnatural heat. I was in a daze and began to stagger around the dock due to the force from the shockwave of the explosion, until I stagger down and fall on my face. The memories of the past 3 months came flashing back in an instant.
Shortly after my arrival in Brustenburg, I was picked up by some odd character that brought me to the city he lived in called Protaras. Protaras was a beautiful city, nestled in the mountains of the eastern continent of the land and surrounded by a pine forest. In my time there, I had met many people and had begun to train vigorously for the coming of the Endrunai. Then, about 3 days ago, there were reports of mysterious creatures in the far west, tall black figures with mysterious purple eyes who would vanish in an instant, and I knew they were the Endrukna (Endermen), servants of the Endrunai. I quickly went to the capital of Port Silver and gathered all the people I could and headed west. A few hours ago we saw flames on the horizon in a distant city and quickly shifted our course to help. Then I saw him, the Endrunai in his terrible dragon form, and immediately had our landing ships prepared to attack. Out of 3 ships with 5 people each, only ours made it.
My mind flashed back to the present as an Endrukna stood over me, it’s terrible purple eyes meeting mine. Suddenly, an arrow pierced the creature right between the eyes and it let out a terrible screech as it fell back and exploded in a flash of white light. Above me stood a new figure, Captain James of Shipwreck Cove. He was one of the 2 others who had survived the landing.
“You’re not thinkin’ of dyin’ on me now are you Inferno?” he asked with a big grin on his face. Leave it to James to try to cheer up morale in the face of near certain death. He grabbed my feathered arm and pulled me up to my feat as the other survivor, Axex, rushed past us. Dozens of Endrukna were crowding the docks, but Axex pressed on. He closed his hands together close to his chest and quickly pulled them apart, releasing an expanding ball of light, which killed several of the creatures before dissipating.
“Hmph…. Plenty to do here, my friend.” I said to James.
“Oh the fun!” He said with a slight sarcastic giddiness. He ran forward towards the gradually thinning crowd as he readied three arrows at once and let them loose on the mass of black bodies. I smirk to myself and then run forward. “Fen ruam taal!” I shout. Instantly my feathery arms are consumed in a magical fire. I focus the flames into blades that run from my hands back across my forearms and to my elbows like tonfa do. I jumped and kicked off one of the Endrukna as I slashed across its head with one of my blades. I landed next to James and Axex in the middle of the crowd. We fought our way towards the steps leading up into the city, when suddenly several arrows came from the top of the stairs killing most of the demons near us. I looked to their source and saw a tall proud elven woman with fiery red hair and deep golden eyes standing next to a middle-aged looking man with blonde hair and a scruffy long beard. Their arms worked quickly, shooting and rearming their bows in a matter of seconds, the Endrukna barely stood a chance.
“Get into the city if you want to live, now!” She yelled at us angrily.
“The city is lost… it’s a bandit town anyway. Leave it to its fate!” Axex returned.
The man took a long jump down to us and quickly withdrew a large double bladed battle-axe from his back. Purple portals appeared around us and more Endrukna emerged from them. The man quickly sliced one in half, then swung his axe around his head in a circle, crushing two more as they approached. Hr then shoved his axe at another with the top of the weapon facing up and he snapped its neck between the blades.
“You expect us to leave our home?” He asked turning to us with a slight pause in the fighting. He then took a throwing axe from his belt and threw it at the head of another demon, killing it instantly. “Now my friend, we would never ask you the same. This is our home. We fight to the death here.”
Axex gave a slight smile to this. He dropped his hands to his side but then he tensed his arms. He started to raise them but it seemed as if he was carrying an immense weight. And he was. All of the bodies of the dead Endrukna around us were lifting slowly from the ground. His body tensed more and more from the effort until he finally shouted and released the spell. The bodies flew outward quickly, knocking several of their living comrades back dozens of yards; many ended up in the ocean.
“Well then… we’ll defend it with you.” Axex managed to say through heavy breaths. We ran up to the elven woman at the top of the stairs and entered the city.
Much of the city was in rubble, and what wasn’t, was aflame. The Endrunai roared high above us as we got closer to the western edge of the city. I sensed it diving and I turned and saw it preparing to strike us down with flame. I reacted quickly and shouted “Shou fen hoj kra Endrunai!” My body erupted in pain at the effort the spell took, but I managed to release it. A ball of white and gold flame appeared from the nothingness with a flash and shot up to meet the descending dragon. And then there was blackness.

Trekulma swayed gently in the night sky. And then came fire, terrible black fire… screaming… the tree fell….
I wake up gasping and soaking inside a dimly lit stone room. The two people from the city stood above me, the woman with a dripping bucket in her hands. The ground is shaking, and the smell is near unbearable.
“Good thing you woke up… you were screaming… or rather… screeching like there was no tomorrow.” Said the elf.
“Wa… where are we?” I asked groggily.
“You are in the sewers under the fortress of Lindisfarne. My name is Zotikos, and this is my… protector, Tchel.” Said the old man gently.
“Oh… I’m Toorviing aum Fenra… Infernohawk of the Phoenix…And where are James and Axex?”
“Guarding the door.”
“Has Inferno finally woken up from his little bird nap?” James called from the other side of the door.
“Indeed…. Oh yes…” Zotikos seemed to remember, “When you casted that spell you just collapsed. Tchel and I dragged you here to this room. For being a bird man you are surprisingly heavy…”
“Or you’re just getting old… you really should have let me carry him by myself Zotikos. We can’t have you getting exhausted here.” Tchel said with a mix of worry and anger. “Can you fight?” She asked me.
“Yes I think I can…” The ground shook terribly and there was a loud cracking sound above.
“Oh… the dragon is calling lightning down on the city. Your little trick enraged him quite a bit, but it bought us time.” Zotikos stated with a matter of fact tone.
Grimly, we walked out the door and met with Axex and James, who followed us up the ladder and into the fortress. Books were strewn across the floor, and hanging tapestries and lamps had all fallen to the ground, leaving only the fireplace burning. Otherwise, all was dark except for the rips of lightning tearing across the sky and striking points in the city. The entire front section of the fort was in rubble, leaving the courtyard open to our view. The Endrunai roared again, and more lightning cracked and destroyed one of the trees in the courtyard. This only seemed to agitate Tchel, who took heavy steps past the ruined wall into the courtyard. She strung her bow and aimed it up into the dark raining sky.
“Would you just shut up you whiny little lizard?!” She screamed in a combination of annoyance and rage.
She let her arrow fly up and a few seconds later, there was a loud roar of pain and in the distance, there was a crashing noise in the city.
“That thing has been getting on my nerves aallll freakin day!” She yelled as she stomped across the bridge into the city. We quietly followed her at a distance and when we reach her, she was shooting arrows into the head of the beast, which seemed to lie dead. Her first arrow had torn one of the wings of the dragon and as it fell into the city, it had crashed into the few remaining buildings. A purple light rose out of the beast and quickly zoomed to the south, away from the city. The body of the dragon disintegrated, leaving no trace of its existence save for the some burned out husks of buildings. The clouds above receded, and in the eastern sky, the great Fenrir began to peek above the horizon.

In the next few hours that passed, Axex and I rebuilt most of the city with magic, restoring it to its original state. Axex and James eventually left the city, heading back east to Port Silver. But I stayed, with oaths to make and debts to repay.
“You did my job you know.” I said to Tchel as we watched the boat head east, with the setting sun at our backs.
“Oh? And what job was that?” She asked.
“I was supposed to destroy him… well not destroy him… but fend him off at least.” I replied with slight shame.
“Well it looks like I beat you to doing that. Maybe if he hadn’t been such a whiny punk you would have had a chance.” She said with a smile.
“Meh… well… either way… it means I’m indebted to you now. And that I’m meant to be your… guardian I suppose.”
“Ohhh… what I’ve always wanted… a pet bird.” She said with a slight chuckle.
“Now Tchel… even I know a phoenix offering guardianship is a rather big thing, especially these days,” Zotikos said in his parenting tone he sometimes takes when he talks to the young elf.
“Meh… well…. I guess you have yourself a deal Inferno,” Tchel said after some thought.
“I suppose you’ll want to move in as well. We’ll have things set up for you once you return with your things,” Zotikos said.
“Indeed…. Moj hrok sa Fenrair ukala makna duk yuom vrumna…. May the blessings of the sun be upon you my friends. I shall return soon.” I said to them.
For the first time in months, I cast the spell to return to my true bird form. I my wings felt light, agile, and free. I felt free. I cast one last look at my new friends, the ones who I swore to protect, and then I spread my wings and flew up into the rapidly darkening sky. I turned east and glided gently and relaxingly, feeling the wind underneath my wings as I let my mind drift back to home, to the great valley and the majestic Mother Tree, swaying majestically in the wind. Then my mind drifted back to Lindisfarne; to the waves gently lapping on the shore, to Tchel, to Zotikos, to my new home here in Altera.

vanar

Legend of Altera
*thumbs up* i didnt evan read it but it was a long scroll down it looks intresting

Infernohawk

Lord of Altera
The following is a further background on my character and will reveal certain... situations about him and his race.

The breeze flowed gently through the forest of Tremuk. Purple, orange, and red leaves danced through the air as the suns rose in the west. I shifted my still sleeping eyes away from the ascending orbs of light and hid my head under one of Shaalron's wings. My rustling about seemed to wake him, but he simply chucked at my situation.
"Now Toorviing," he said with a mischievous smile, "Do you not enjoy waking up like I do?" I only responded to this with a slight squawk. This just seemed to amuse him more.
"Come, my fen, face jom fenram!" With that he raised his wing from my face and the full light of the suns hit me directly. I just let out a long groaning squawk of annoyance. He laughed even harder at this, but yet, even his laugh carried the sound of his beautiful song. Shaalron and I had met thousands of years ago when we were young and still learning to fly. As time went on, we became the best of friends, and then that led to something more. Around 3000 years ago, we sealed our love when we sang our Tremuk into existence together. We have lived together since then, happy and in peace.

I shot a small puff of smoke in his direction as he continued to laugh at my pain. I really did hate waking up, and we seemed to play this game every morning, but deep down, I loved the times like these. He jumped at me, spread his wings, and grabbed my legs, taking us in flight over the forest. He flew up high and then threw me up above him. I flipped and spun and spread my wings, taking a flight of my own. We laughed in joy as we flew over the awakening forest. Trekulma stood high, overlooking all, yet seemingly being the benevolent mother of the forest.

I looked at Shaalron as we flew, analyzing every piece of him again. His body was larger than mine, due to the fact that he was a different race of Fenra than I am. He was a Thelfenra,(Eagle) whereas I am a Okfenra. (Hawk) His wings were broad and strong, and his face had an aura of wisdom and power. He was certainly a majestic bird indeed.

"Toorviing?"
"Hmm?"
"Do you ever want this life to change?"
"Hmm.... I would give my everything to keep it. And you, my fen."
"As would I... forever."

As we continued to fly, we began to sing together. Our songs harmonized and wove a story together. We sang with power, with wonder, with joy, and with love. Together, our song brought us closer, our minds began to bond, sharing thoughts and memories, hopes and dreams, and slowly we became as one being, as one spirit. But then he seemed to become distracted.

"Toorviing.... what is that?"

I looked where he was looking and on the horizon was a black cloud. Out from this cloud came terrible bolts of purple and red lightning. Near the top of the cloud there seemed to form a terrible, deformed, humanoid face. And it was moving quickly towards our forest, towards our home.

To be continued...