Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Tybalt's Server Ban Appeal [Resolved-Unbanned]

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I am sure, many of you know about the mess I made as of now, about a month and a half ago. It was unnecessary of me, and I made a mistake on my part from my own flawed judgment that I tried to pin on anything else other than myself. I have done a lot of reflecting in this time and actually had a hard time writing this two weeks ago that I had to set it aside, because I was still not letting it ago and my childish and irresponsible side of me kept telling me that I was not in the wrong. But I believe now, through talking it with my friends, outside people, and a lot of thinking that I can recognize my wrongs and apologize for them, and own up to them individually.

Here is the official wording of the rules I broke.

1. Discrimination, OOC racism, bullying, harassment are against the rules. Any sign of such behavior needs to be reported to the Mods or Admins immediately. Bullying in any form is a bannable offense, and it is not tolerated as HollowWorld is intended to be a safe and fun community for everyone.

19. Players must not incite drama storms. If you are reporting a problem or player, please provide proof and don't make it public - make a conversation with any staff member.

20. Citizens are required to protect the harmony of the HollowWorld community and ensure that they contribute positively to it. This means players must behave in a manner befitting an upstanding HollowWorld Citizen and refraining from activities which could be construed as damaging the community by admin staff.

I won’t go into explaining those rules by definition as I feel I need to apologize for the actions that I did and not the broad spectrum.

There was an issue, where I thought Azerport and many other regions and their visitors we’re being stole from. I was told this by some of the other region owners involved and I let myself take it into my own hands instead of taking it to staff like I am suppose to. In my mind at that time I felt lied to, and that those in my region we’re scammed. And I naturally felt protective over them and responsible to make sure that everything in my region is upfront and honest to the players that reside there. But, regardless of how I felt, what I did by posting a rather antagonizing screenshots of monuments being OOC destruction against the person who built them was nowhere near the right way to go about things. And clearly violated Rule 19, Players must not incite drama storms. And all I can really say is that I am sorry for causing this unnecessary storm of drama. And that I have learned that I need to step back, and let staff handle sensitive matter even if I am a region owner. If allowed back, I will be more conscious of what I can handle and what Staff are to handle.

And to account for rules 1 and 20, they kind of go hand in hand with what I said above about Rule 19. That antagonizing post I made on the WC thread can be seen as bullying or targeting. The entire situation disrupted the Harmony of our community. And for that, I am sorry to all those affected and those who had to listen and see it’s mess.

And, @223hero7 , man. I screwed up. I didn’t mean to make you feel bullied if you we’re. I was just in the wrong and angry about what I believed to be a wrong against people I am suppose to be responsible for (Som later told me nothing was stolen. Another exhibit of why I should have contacted staff first.) Regardless bro. Even if I still do not like what happen and you and I have disagreements on whether the shrines and all matters pertaining it we’re wrong or not, I can only accountable for my own behavior. And it was piss poor. So I am sorry for any hard feelings or bad blood it caused between us.

I believe that covered the reasons of why I was banned. But I have to be honest. My behavior all of that week was horrid. So whether this is applicable to the ban appeal or not, I want to make a few apologies.

@OneRedBlock You and I for as long as I known, have not really seen to like each other. Or at the best of times, tolerated each other. The way I conversed with you on the Secession Thread wasn’t called for and I apologize for cursing at you that day when you came to Azerport. I lost my temper.

@Rosary_Omen I did not mean to harass you by asking you about a forum Rating. I really thought you we’re misinformed and only getting one side of a situation I should have dropped and i am sorry for any inconvenience/annoyance I was to you.

And @Somnastra You and I both said things we should not have said to each other that week and lost our tempers with one another. And I take blame for starting it. My persistent pushing my side in self righteousness caused a lot of stress on the two of us. And I know you have -so- much more responsibilities than I with work and running an awesome full time Server and community here. I wasted your time not only with our recent arguments, but with all other past instances where you had to sit down and talk with me or deal with ban appeals like this that we are all sick of seeing. To be honest, I had a hard time not believing you we’re targeting me because you did not like me and what I believe, that you would actually purposefully ban me for something that does not deserve it. it wasn’t till recently, about a week ago that I thought back on the old conversations we had. it was you and another that came to me when I screwed up and helped me change and learn from it. If it wasn’t for you, I probably would have been banned a long time ago. You've helped me grow. And it is completely stupid for me to think you would do something so unprofessional as to ban someone for poor reason.

And finally to all of the staff team who had to take time out of their day for my mishaps. You keep this place running and I should treat you better by behaving myself and minding the King’s Law. I wish for another chance, this place has made me better as a person. And I always do my best to learn from my mistakes and I don’t ever intend on making the same ones again. I want to uplift and help push this community forward while getting along with you guys. I love this place, it is special and unlike anything I have ever been apart of.

I would like to inform you that the staff team has not forgotten about your appeal. The staff team would also like to thank you for your patience in this long and arduous process. Your appeal is well thought and laid out and boded well for you. However, at this time all that can be said is that no decision has been made as to whether you will be unbanned in the future and that more time is required. As such, this is neither a yes nor a no.

Moving forward, I remind you to continue to demonstrate suitable behavior consistent with the spirit of your appeal. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or you would like to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tybalt,

Thank you again for the appeal and for your patience. We appreciate it. The staff team have come to an consensus regarding the resolution of your appeal. We have decided to give you one last shot to demonstrate not just to us but to our entire community that you have matured and grown as a person and as a member of HollowWorld.

In many ways, this community is greater than the sum of its parts. True, it is a place to enjoy the company of other gamers, but it is a also a place where one can learn valuable and important life lessons about how to treat other people, how to respect differing viewpoints, and how to be a positive and respectful person. The position you've earned in this community places you in the spotlight, such that your actions are visible. You have an opportunity to positively impact other people.

So far you have not done so. In fact, some might argue that you've done just the opposite. I, not only as a staff member but as a community member, ask you to remember that your actions and behavior does impact others. I implore you to demonstrate to us all that you have learned to respect others and learned the difference between correct and incorrect behavior. At any rate, this is your last chance to demonstrate to the staff that you belong in this community. In the words of Professor Dumbledore, "Use it well."

This last chance does come with some conditions, at the very least until we again develop mutual trust that you have matured and understand the ramifications of your behavior. Please do not blame us for being cautious, for we believe caution is necessary. We wish to provide to you an avenue to prove yourself, and that is what we are doing here.

In order to be unbanned, you must agree to and adhere to these conditions:

1) You may only use one account. This means no alts will be unbanned. Please reply here with the ign of which account you would like unbanned.

2) From here on out, any behavior that would normally result in at least a tempban will now result in a permanent ban with no appeal. This means things like: swearing, metagaming, powergaming, belligerence, rudeness, or any such activity normally warranting at least a tempban. This is up to staff discretion.

3) You must write a statement on this thread that says that you agree to these conditions and explain how your behavior will change when you are unbanned.

When you have posted your statement, I will unban your chosen account and you will be welcomed back into this amazing community.

Respectfully,
Antilogy

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I do not blame staff for being cautious and I am grateful for you and the staff team for allowing me this last chance.

I agree to all the terms you have made regarding the uplifting of the ban and
I'd like the account "HumpFries123" to be the one that is unbanned.

The ways that you will see visible changes in my behavior is that I will be much more careful of what I say and think on it so I do not say something that could potentially hurt others. Both
In game and on the forums.

I will also mind my temper and be slow to anger. My vengeful and eye for an eye attitude will cease. Even if another member of this community does something gravely insulting or hurtful to myself, I will hold my tongue and let it pass me by.

I will not take matters into my own hands. If it is a serious case and I am in doubt, I will inform staff and let any and all controversial matter be handled by the staff team.

I will be a much more helpful, kind, and respectful person as a whole to make this place better and be a better person for myself.

And I thank you again Antilogy and the rest of the staff team. I know how I would manage things and given my past behavior and record, I doubt I would let someone who has acted like I have had back. Thankyou for this last chance, I will not let you down :)