Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Tyinyk's Application [ Accepted - Jase]

Tyinyk

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Tyinyk

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
I'm from the US, in PST, but I work odd hours that mean I'm only free from about 2 AM to about 7 AM.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is utilizing information the player knows OOC to the benefit of the character IC. Powergaming is roleplaying in such a manner that it automatically precludes reaction from other participants. While typically used to ensure victory, it can actually be used in other ways as well.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, and it would be weird if you did.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
I don't particularly enjoy talking about myself. I work as an assistant manager at my place of work, and I close the store most nights of the week, so I never get home until late at night. I rent a room in a house with a bunch of other people. I play games in my spare time, and I have a lot of spare time since Covid started. I find this question highly invasive coming from a bunch of strangers I have no familiarity with.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
A person named Ambillis directed me here because this is the only server with more than 1-2 players online during my availability window. I don't think she's ever actually played here.

Character Name:
Calico Kidd (An alias)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Calico is a youthful looking man, whose bearing and appearance demand attention at all times. Brightly colored, and with a long flowing coat, Calico's posture is tall and proud, to better disguise the fact that he's very short. Adorned at all times with a domino mask, as well as a hooded mantle, the young man has an air of mystery about him which he's happy to exploit. Never lacking a self-confident smile, Calico presents himself with the self-assurance of youth. Hidden beneath his rather well-concealing garments however, is a frail and rather unimpressive form, free from the scars or general wear that comes with experience.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I don't have a picture of the skin, but I have a commission of the character that the skin was based off of. Enclosed.

Written Test!
The oxen trundled along at the same meandering rate that they always had, towing the wagon along the route with such skill that they managed to cause the wheels of the vehicle to hit every single rock along the road. Calico was genuinely impressed as his seat juddered and rocked beneath him, causing him to lift above the wood for a few moments, only to slam back down heavily seconds later. He was no stranger to the hardships of long travel of course, but today's stretch of road was legendarily bad. He was tempted to find the caravan's map just for the sheer catharsis of renaming this stretch of land to something suitably evocative to what the experience was truly like. 'The Quaking Mile,' perhaps. Or even better 'Do Not Take This Road.' But of course he wasn't going to, at least not on this particular day, though if he remembered the next time he had the map in-hand, he may revisit the issue. His father was already quite fed up with his behavior at the moment, which is what had landed him this tour of duty as the driver of the wagon, instead of the much more comfortable position of walking alongside it. He couldn't even make idle sport of one of the others as he rode, for fear that the bouncing of the wagon would cause him to bite his own tongue. The best case scenario in that event would be a fair deal of pain and a much larger amount of disappointment. The worst would be losing the appendage, and Calico wasn't about to risk his second sharpest tool.

Instead, Calico fished about in the immeasurable and mysterious depths of his coat until he had produced a radiant, freshly polished to sparkle enticingly in the sunlight. Of course, no one in the caravan was so desperate that a single radiant was worth even a passing glance, so the event went thoroughly unnoticed by the young scoundrel's family. This was just as well, for he didn't actually have anything particularly devious in mind for the day, having decided previously to lay low while his father cooled down. Instead, he began rolling the coin across his knuckles, one of his simpler coin tricks, but one made almost prohibitively difficult by the movements of the ride. Calico however, for all of his deviousness and proclivity for trickery, was also a firm believer in the merits and rewards of practice, and deftness of hand required a lot of it. Since there was nothing much more to be done during the ride, it was worthwhile to get the practice in while he could. Plus, there were certainly worse things in the world than an added degree of difficulty to the exercise, it would certainly aid in the development of his skills at a faster rate. Certainly, nothing was better for growth than adversity. The cart jolted sharply as a particularly nasty rock got caught under the wheel, and the coin flew from Calico's fingers, landing and rolling a stretch down the road. He sighed, before leaning back and shrugging. No great loss, he'd simply have to snatch it up as they caught up to the coin down the road. At this rate, that would only take a million years.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Whitelisted! If you need any help in settling in, feel free to let me know!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.