Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

uk49's Application [Accepted - Jase]

uk49

Villager
uk49's Whitelist Application Form

1. What is your Minecraft username
?
uk49

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
England, English, GMT

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is where players use their own knowledge that they are aware of whilst outside of character, to benefit their character when in character.
Powergaming is forcing your character to complete an action, for example in combat. Using phrases such as 'try to' or 'attempt' can combat powergaming, allowing for a more fair and fun experience!

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, these aren't allowed!

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
Hi, I'm James! I love to code, I love graphic design, and I love Minecraft! I know this section was meant to exclude Minecraft, but the game happens to be my main job at the moment aswell (as a studying student). I configure + work with plugins, and I sell my builds on Minecraft Marketplace. At uni I study History (specifically Medieval time periods), and I also take courses in sport! On my final year, looking to escape out to the world (although corona has of course delayed that). I spend pretty much all my time on my computer, learning new things, coding, designing + creating videos for my own server, and more!

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I looked up fantasy Minecraft RP servers, and you guys came up! (straight from Google, you've got some great search engine optimisation lol it was the second option).

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
Forfrek Burly

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Standing at around six feet, Forfrek Burly is quite a slim character (opposing to his name), with broadish shoulders, lanky legs and an overall muscular physique. Forfrek has a dark brown beard, not trimmed or shaved, along with longish (but this time trimmed) hair on his head. He usually wears the same appareal everywhere he goes, which comprises a set of cuffed boots and gloves in matching leather, coupled with gray tunic, with a matching hood. He wears a simple necklace, with Crooner tooth as a pendant (picked up from a merchant far ago).

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Awaking from what seemed to be a deep slumber, Forfrek looked at his surroundings. Dull were the colors, due to the fact that the room was dark, a woman from the sisterhood walked by, and smiled at him. Forfrek stood up, and introduced himself, "Hello, I am Forfrek..." He was confused, he didnt know where he was at, nor anything about himself... The woman returned to her business. Forfrektried to stop her and get information, but he couldnt get it from her. It then hit him, his memory was choppy, but he remembered his family, including his brother. He then dashed out of the room and headed outside, only to see more of the beautiful world he awoke to. He walked out of the sanctuary and noticed a elf woman, she said, in an almost automated tone "Please use to boat if you wish to leave." Forfrekwalked on to the boat, and sailed on to shore. Forfrek was excited to explore, hurried on to the shores of a beautiful town. The town had stellar features, fantastic little homes, cute little shops. He became acquaintance with multiple townsfolk, who were willing to help.

Forfrek got lost in the quaint village, he then noticed night was falling upon him, the sun was fading in to its slumber. He had to find a place to reside for the night, he knew that he couldnt just sleep in someones house! Thats just inappropriate. {I can just sleep in an alley way...} he thought. He explored for a little while longer as the sun fell, and explored until the last drop of light faded. He then resided in a alley way, he propped himself against the wall. Not the most comfortable place to slumber, he knew he wouldnt get much sleep.

He awoke multiple hours later, to a strange sound... It sounded like two hollow logs hit each other... {Whats that...} he thought to himself as he shivered at the chill winds of midnight. All of a sudden, an arrow whistled by his ear. Perpetrated, he hopped to his feet and ran at the speeds of hurricane force winds. He ran through mazes of alley ways, and then hauled at a flat, stone wall.

He did not see the beast, in his shock he just ran... The wall was cold, it was unforgiving in comfort... He sat against the wall, and took a breath, he knew life from here on out, would not be as simple as it used to be...

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Great attempt, but I would like you to take another look at your written test for the following reason:
  • Magic and beings capable of using it - like the sisterhood - would be rare (and hence should not show up in your backstory). As such, it would not be appropriate for him to awaken from a "deep slumber" courtesy of the sisterhood. Please edit your test to reflect this. Instead, try to focus on the character of Foxfrek, and explain who he is or what he likes doing. You do not need to design a family tree, or explain who parents are, or what they do. Help me see Forfrek's character. Keep it simple, and believable.
When you have done this, please respond to this thread by replying and I will get back to you as soon as I can!

uk49

Villager
Forfrek pulled his hood lower over his face, he needed to get out, and he'd prefer to do so alive. He weaved through the crowds in the city, he had to get to the docks, if he could just board a ship to Alt- "There! That's him, get him!" Someone shouted from behind. Forfrek spun on the spot to see a woman with fair skin a deep red hair standing with her finger pointed at him, a distressed look to her dress. He smiled for a moment at the sight of this woman before realizing the the crowds were parting as three overly large me ran towards him, replacing the smile with a look of annoyance. He leapt into action, darting through the crowded street, sliding between people and filling his pockets as he did. He rapidly made his way to the docks, laughing as he dived into the water. He climbed aboard the first ship he found, as he reached the deck of the ship, he turned and bowed to the fair skinned maiden and her three bodyguards. But his jubilation would have to wait as a hand grabbed him from the main deck and pulled him aboard, a sword at his throat. He was brought back to shore and thrown into jail for theft and pick-pocketing, among other crimes. When taken before the court he was silent, and as he was sentenced to death he made no signs of emotion. The next day he was put aboard a ship and prepared to be drowned in the middle of the ocean, as was the custom for thieves in his land, but as he stood upon the deck, fates dark humor showed itself. A storm the likes of which had never been seen turned the ocean into a turmoil of ferocious waves that battered at the ship, throwing many overboard. As the crew struggled to keep the ship afloat the sky burned with thunder, and lighting struck down at the sea, hitting the ship and splitting her in two. Forfrek escaped that day and managed to float ashore on broken planks from the ship. He found himself in Altera, and after his brush with death, he decided that he would change the way he was living his life. "A new land, a new start" He would say.....

Here you go! I had a feeling that would get declined, but I preferred that story anyway; here's one I wrote a few weeks ago, I edited some bits to include the lore and detail about Hollow world!

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
He found himself in Altera, and after his brush with death, he decided that he would change the way he was living his life. "A new land, a new start" He would say.....

I believe I am fine with the test now, but I do want to quickly follow up on the above; player characters should all be born within the Eastern Kingdoms already. No need to have the common trope of- come from a distant land into a new one.

A really good resource to use is this one [x].

But with that said, welcome to Hollowworld!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.