Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ultrabrines Application [Approved - Lenore]

Ultrabrine

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Ultrabrine

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
Canada, Eastern standard time

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes and I found they were very interesting as well as informative

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Powergaming is the forceful action of an emote for example*Lilith decapitated him* and not allowing the other player a chance to react or even do anything to prevent the action. Meta gaming on the other hand is the use of knowledge that is acquired out of character that said character couldn't possibly have any way of knowing at the current time such as if a city is under attack and somehow despite being nowhere near that city the character just knows its being attacked.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No simply because it is unfair to other players who play on the server.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
I enjoy gaming in general not just minecraft but also games such as doom, skyrim, etc. Another thing I love doing is roleplay simply because I love putting myself in the role of another character and immersing myself into the eyes of that character. I am also very social and enjoy talking to people and making conversation. I also own a youtube channel and love creating fun gameplay videos. I also enjoy creating elaborate stories with character arcs and tales of adventure.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is optional. It does help us figure out where the majority of our players come from)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
Character Name:
Lilith Silver

Character Age:

Character Race:
Forest Elf
Appearance:
Lilith is a young girl who has blonde hair and greyish eyes, she wears light armor and has a pouch on her hip as well as a sheath that contains a dagger.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!:
The roads are vast and winding over various hills and mountains. Lilith continued wandering along on her journey, she wasn't one to settle down being an adventurer she always felt that her heart was always itching to travel and experience new things and generally enjoying life. Though she would occasionally run across the odd bandit or mercenary they never seemed to be much of an issue since she could usually get past them rather easily. she looked in her bag and stated "Ima have to restock on food when I get to the next town but for now Ill have to ration". As usual Lilith was stuck in her thoughts though she didn't really mind she actually quite enjoyed it it gave her some peace of mind so to speak. Night soon fell and so she set up camp grabbing supplies from the backpack she carried in order to set up her tent and get a fire going so she could cook. Wolves howled in the distance and the sound of crickets echoed through the night. This was relaxing and was always her favorite thing about being an adventurer. you never know what will happen but there is still beauty here in nature. Using her flint and steel and some wood she would always carry for fires she lit a fire and grabbed a piece of her food she used a long metal pole that she stuck through it to cook it. after eating she put out the fire using some of her water before going into her tent and went to sleep. the next morning she woke up to the birds chirping and packed up her supplies except for the fire where she had used to cook. Lilith double checked that she had everything she had brought with her before she continued on her way. as she continued along she admired the scenery as usual stopping sometimes to take a rest for her legs and to drink some water or if she saw a deer she would use her bow or sword to hunt it for more food. An issue that seemed to bother her however was the reports of the increasing numbers of bandits this was troubling and she worried about others as well but she knew that there was no use of dwelling on such things and so took a deep breath and purged the thought from her head. If she ever saw anyone being attacked by a bandit she would after all go to their aid and fight for or with them depending on the situation. Taking another water break she pondered about settling down in a city or just owning a house It would be great since over her adventures she had a fair amount of things that she received despite this fact she knew that her trusty backpack despite the quality couldn't store as much as a house would allow her. The only issue for her was where to settle there were so many places but she only wanted to choose one plus it would save her the time from having to rest at inns as cozy as they may be not only could rooms be expensive but there was also the fact that shady people tended to show up sometimes. What they were up to was never asked by anyone in fact they cared more about the things they were doing they had no interest in the affairs of others. Lilith looked up at the beautiful blue sky as she rested whenever someone brought up religion around her she would always change the subject to something else and preferred not to talk about it if asked she would simply say "I myself don't believe in any specific religion but I cannot say whether or not the gods they have are real or not nor do I particularly enjoy thinking about it that said there is also the issue of people thinking religions are superior to other such religions and would rather not get caught up in such a trivial struggle myself" before she would simply dismiss the topic and refuse to talk about it further. whenever she was bored she would either take something out of her pouch to entertain herself with or just play around with her dagger as dangerous as that may be she had trained herself to do it safely by using a stick for practice a stick that she had gotten rid of when she finally mastered it.

Last edited:

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend
Howdy! Thanks for your application. For now, I've listed it as pending, and I'll be requesting edits on some key points before this application can be considered.

+ In question 5, you are missing a definition for the term 'Metagaming'. Peruse the [Roleplaying Guide] for more information on metagaming.

+ Be aware of our three 'denominations' of Elves - Silver Elves, Forest Elves, and Moor Elves. Lilith's appearance could be construed as either Silver or Forest Elf-like in nature, since both have the potential for grey/silver eyes. Please be sure to specify! More information on Elves can be found [Here]

+ Your test is clocking in below our required minimum of 400 words. I would ask you to please extend it, thank you.

Feel free to use the Edit button below your post, make the requisite edits, and post back here to alert me that changes have been made! Looking forward to your updates

Ultrabrine

Villager
Howdy! Thanks for your application. For now, I've listed it as pending, and I'll be requesting edits on some key points before this application can be considered.

+ In question 5, you are missing a definition for the term 'Metagaming'. Peruse the [Roleplaying Guide] for more information on metagaming.

+ Be aware of our three 'denominations' of Elves - Silver Elves, Forest Elves, and Moor Elves. Lilith's appearance could be construed as either Silver or Forest Elf-like in nature, since both have the potential for grey/silver eyes. Please be sure to specify! More information on Elves can be found [Here]

+ Your test is clocking in below our required minimum of 400 words. I would ask you to please extend it, thank you.

Feel free to use the Edit button below your post, make the requisite edits, and post back here to alert me that changes have been made! Looking forward to your updates
Ok thank you I have done so now and edited the things you requested

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend
I love how she's a Forest elf with the surname 'Silver'. It's the little things.

Your definition of Metagaming doesn't seem to be updated in the main post, but I did see it in your deleted one, just be sure to pull it from there and edit.

Your written test also still seems to be clocking in under 400, though. Extend it, and I can have another look!

Ultrabrine

Villager
I love how she's a Forest elf with the surname 'Silver'. It's the little things.

Your definition of Metagaming doesn't seem to be updated in the main post, but I did see it in your deleted one, just be sure to pull it from there and edit.

Your written test also still seems to be clocking in under 400, though. Extend it, and I can have another look!
ok updated it again please take a look

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend
One thing to keep in mind, regarding your written test, is that the Gods are known to be real.
You can certainly choose not to worship any of them actively, but be aware that announcing that your inclinations as such could have consequences IC!
Another imperative to keep in mind is that any equipment you start out with will be very basic and constrained to iron at best. Expounded upon in the application, naturally.

But, anyways! With your revisions,

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.