Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

WarrenDandy Whitelist Application! [Approved - JustShadow]

WarrenDandy

Villager
1. Your Minecraft username: WarrenDandy
2. Age: 21
3. Gender: Male
4. Country: New Zealand

5. Have you read the Tome of Citizenship or agree to do so before signing into Hollow World for the first time? Yes

6. How do you feel about the 'roleplay' aspect of our server? Do you have any experience roleplaying? Absolutely LOVE the idea - my friends and I (the other 'Dandys') used to roleplay on another server which wasnt actually a dedicated roleplay server - so much fun

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, your interests / hobbies and why you are here in 8 sentences or more.
I love roleplaying in any game basically - found out about minecraft by reading XKCD comics a long time ago and started playing - back when the only thing you could do was build houses and have basic swords (pre-nether world).
I'm looking for an awesome community to play Minecraft with -because playing just building new castles all over the place can get really boring eventually, so I'm really looking for something more.
When I WOULD build a lot of things, I'd usually build more along the lines of a village medieval type place, and try make it self sufficient with pig pens and wheat farms etc.
Myself personally: I work full time as a marketing and Sales executive, LOVE football (soccer) with a passion, and have a knack for making music :)
Love to meet new people and have fun!

8. If you have examples of your work please attached them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
Sorry, I never made any screencaps of the villages i made before the servers I played on would suddenly stop :(

9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
Love the idea of a RP server!

10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
Yes
11. How did you find out about our server?
A friend of mine (FuzzyDandy) Told me about this place
12. Have you voted for us? (Click Here)
Have Now!

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
Just wondering, although I presume the answer to be yes: do you know 'MarshmallowDandy' (or similar) too? :p
Please add more to question number 7. We are a close knit community and want to get to know you as a person. I would like to see more about you: your hobbies, likes, dislikes, what you are studying, what you want to do as a profession etc. Things of that nature.

WarrenDandy

Villager
Yes I do!
I originally introduced him to the game after a week of playing myself, and we started playing a lot together from there.

RE: question 7
Ok I work as a sales and marketing executive for a nationwide flooring franchise - which means I work closely with all the suppliers and shops, manage and oversee the production of promotional goods and advertising campaigns. Also I'm the head of the IT department too :p so VERY busy.

I love all sports, Used to play professional squash (had a sponsor for my gear) and am recently getting back into it for the social side of things. Can't get enough of Football (soccer), captained our regional first division team for 2 years, and even played for the central league team and got paid for a couple of games with them! Which always feels pretty good to be paid for doing what you love!

I hate religious war with a passion - fighting over who is right just kills me inside. People believe what they feel comfortable believing in, no use killing others over it. I love a good debate (not arguement) over politics and religion (I personally am a christian) but once it starts turning into a flame war I just lose all interest - that's when the insults start flying (from both parties).

I am a very protective person, and if somebody belittles or insults any of my friends or values I immediately get defensive and usually jump to the aid of friends (not physically, but if it came to it, I would definitely try to be a meat shield fpr the people i care about).

Enough about what makes me tick!
I studied a Bachelor of Business studies, and had to put it on hold halfway through to help a struggling business get back on it's feet. Hopefully I can see it in my near future to finish that degree as well.

I love a good online community, and I've always said that's what makes a game fun. Games are fun and all just playing, but it's the people you play with that make it fun to go to each night after work - and that's what keeps me hooked on a game.

I hope this is enough! I can't really think of much else to say!

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
Welcome to Altera!
Most players when they log on want to jump in and get established/build before they do anything else. In Hollow World players must first find a town before they can build. You may join a town by asking the mayor or assistant mayor to add you. You can view all the information about a town by typing /town [townname] .

Please visit this link. It will help you choose a town.

http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?forums/altera-census.43/

Lastly, please, PLEASE!!! make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it!!! We have a 0 tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal. You have been warned.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence. Hollowworld does not permit the use of shared Minecraft accounts and the account you use to apply here is your responsibility. Keep your password safe and DO NOT share your account with ANY third party. You have been warned.