Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Whitelist Application [ Accepted - Jase ]

rpark10

Villager
rpark10's Whitelist App:

Minecraft Username: rpark10

Age: Not 100% comfortable with my actual age on here so 18+

Country & Timezone: America PST

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?:
Metagaming-Using information your character is not supposed to know (out of character) in rp, it makes it hard to use forums or discords if people take advantage of that info left and right.
Powergaming- Powergaming is the carrying out of unrealistic, unfair, or godly actions. This includes forcing emotes on other characters. Or in short, you can't force your narrative, it makes the game not fun for others and you look like an a**.

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: I am studying to be a teacher so I tend to think I have quite a bit of patience. I have some experience playing teachers in both rp and irl. I prefer playing characters that are kind of the "tutorial" type, helping out newbies (though it'll take a while for me to get to that point). If we are allowed to have more than one character I have done some beta testing in the past, so I like to play chaotic thief characters to try and test people's security and look for bugs (though I usually feel bad about actually stealing, it a good excuse for why I trying to climb walls also its fun to find possible issues and help servers improve). Uh....irl I participate in archery, martial arts, and swordfighting which makes me an irl ninja according to my students XD.

Referral: https://minecraft-mp.com/server-s183554

{Character Section}

Character Name: Safaia Ridearufu

Race: Silver Elf

Appearance: Hair Color: Long black hair typically worn as a braid
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Color: Pale
Clothing: Her garb is reminiscent of silver elf fashion, simple colorless and light dress/robe, though she has added a sturdier belt and boots to her fashion to make sure it holds up in the forest. Since starting her work in handicrafts she has been prone to wearing a bracer and fingerless glove on her dominant (left) hand. On her way to Altera, she noticed a few beautiful flowers and had taken to carefully cultivating them as a meditative practice and to include them in her garb, winding them in her hair and wearing them on her non-dominant arm.

She also carries an heirloom of her parents:
Lunar Caelestes
An heirloom from her parents, the curved daggers are a masterpiece of forest elf craftsmanship connected with a sturdy dark chain. The blades gleam with silver elf magic. The nature of the magic is unclear, but the dark silver blade sings with memories of running through the forest under the moonlight

Note: The "magic" in the dagger is entirely cosmetic to incorporate a remnant of her silver elf father in its lore, the "magic" has no effect or impact whatsoever in rp or in vanilla minecraft. If there is an issue, I can try to rework some other silver elf craftmanship into the blade, but at the moment there didn't appear to be many options.

Written Test (Min: 400 words): Safaia's mother was a forest elf and her father was a silver elf, and due to the stigma of their pairing, they lived a nomadic life traveling to different parts of the world following the plant seasons and searching for new plants and spreading tales of lore. Her mother, Kyria Vasilikos, was an herbalist and craftswoman who preferred invention over profit. Her father, Archontas Ridearufu, was the more rational of the two and would sell her mother's wares so that they had money for travel and supplies. Safaia's father was a bard, he had a talented voice and often used it to sell her mother's goods. He was a capable businessman but rather clumsy so her nimble-fingered mother usually handled any delicate manual work like textile work and repairs. Because of his clumsy fingers, Safaia's father taught her to sing, though she never had quite his talents, and her mother was the one who taught me to play the flute (over the harp/lyre) since when they, Safaia heard a flute and thought it sounded just like her father's voice and wanted desperately to learn since she couldn't match him in voice. Safaia's greatest strength is her sense of balance from playing on a moving wagon which pairs well with her chained daggers. Due to her nomadic upbringing, she lacked a sufficient level of social grace to fit in with the other silver elves. When her mother took her to Altera to take a break from Silver Elf society, the acceptance she found was a warm contrast to the racial elitism of the silver elves. And she decided to settle in Altera as a shopkeep with the business acumen her father trained her in, utilizing the handicraft skills her mother taught her to research and create magical artistry and odd consumables (that only poison you 15% of the time), She especially like making teas, almost a comfort food that reminds her of times spent with her silver elf father, who taught her to properly appreciate tea, though she has been experimenting with tea additives and liquor to find liberty from silver elf standards. Her mannerisms speak to silver elf upbringing, so a little too polite and esoteric for Altera, but really trying to make connections and find a place of her own where she can settle.

Example of a tea Safaia might sell:
Golden Glass Tea
The Alteran Honey that lines the glass glints in the light. The organic Assam Black Tea is infused with Golden Nagami Kumquats and paired with fresh milk for a beautiful light brown hue. In the tea sparkle small shards of Golden Brown Sugar Crystals

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey rpark10,
Great stuff, although I will have to come back to you with an answer regarding the heirloom.

As for the rest of the app- it's looking great, based on that we'd be happy to have you :)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
She also carries an heirloom of her parents:
Lunar Caelestes
An heirloom from her parents, the curved daggers are a masterpiece of forest elf craftsmanship connected with a sturdy dark chain. The blades gleam with silver elf magic. The nature of the magic is unclear, but the dark silver blade sings with memories of running through the forest under the moonlight
Do you mind rewording this to have no magical qualities and be suitable for backstory? Currently working with lore team to see what is possible.