Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Yet another appeal. [Resolved-Unbanned]

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
So, yes. I am making another appeal, because of course I want to get back onto this server.

My previous three(?) appeals were denied, but now it's been over a year since my ban so I thought that was enough time for anyone reading to realise that I am not the same as I was. It also shows my commitment to this server. I also have donated to the server in the past. To be fair it was not a large amount, but any money should prove that I am committed. I have been on this server for over three years, which, again, would show commitment. I adore this server, and have spent so much time on it. It's been a long time since I've been on, and I would accept almost anything to let me back on it.

It may seem short compared to my last appeal, but that's because everything I did was apologised for previously- it was all heartfelt and legitimate as well. I am sorry for what I said to some of the community, and I am sorry for getting angry over a petty matter. I've tried, over the past year, to become better at controlling my feelings and I will try and log out or quit Minecraft, or something along those lines when I am feeling angry or frustrated at something.

Thanks for reading.

Hey There Monkey,

I have some news for you regarding your appeal. Before I get there, I want to say a few things. I was not previously involved in your bans but read through what happened and all of your appeals. At the very least, you correctly identified and apologized for the things you did. Based generally on your forum activity, it seems to me that it is indeed possible that you are being sincere both in your apology and your intent to improve.

HollowWorld is a community of real people. These people sit in front of computer screens, each of us for various reasons, for hours on end in the course of playing on our server and contributing to our forum. For most of us, it's not just about having fun, but about the friendships and the sense of pride in seeing what our community can do. We have vast numbers of incredibly talented people who are skilled in any multitude of abilities, such as art, building, RP, lore, et cetera. For many of us, this is one of the only outlets we have to show off our abilities, or make friendships, or even have fun.

In regards to protecting this community from abuse and nurturing it so that it can grow and improve, players and staff have more overlap than most people realize. A member's actions can and do have significant impacts on other members, positive or negative. A staff member's actions can have similar impacts. By being hurtful toward members of this community you were also hurtful to the community as a whole. You not only let down staff and those involved, but everybody here.

One of the greatest qualities of this community, though, and one I know exists from personal experience, is the ability for this community to teach, to help its community members grow, and most importantly, to forgive. For this to happen, three things need to occur. First, you need to meaningfully apologize to those you hurt and to the community in general. This you have already done to some degree of satisfaction. The second, though, is far more important. You need to experience a paradigm shift. You need to learn from your mistakes here and demonstrate that your appeal for forgiveness is not empty words but instead is heartfelt, meaningful, and coming from somebody who is filled with regret. Thirdly, and finally, once you are filled with regret, you need to forgive yourself and realize that good actually came out of this. You need to have learned that what you did was wrong and why, and how you can act to avoid making the same mistakes again. Once all of this is done, the community can forgive you. If you come back to this community, it needs to be clear that you have changed, that you want to continue to improve yourself and your behavior toward others, and that you desire to come back not because this place is fun but because you want to rectify your mistakes and improve yourself and the community in general.

The last time you were unbanned you failed to demonstrate anything beyond the first of the three. If we unban you again, we expect you to demonstrate and comply with this shift in your approach. Let me make myself perfectly clear here. This will be your very last chance to demonstrate not just to staff but to this community that you really have changed.

As such, I have a few stipulations that we must go over before I can unban you. When you comply with these, I will unban your account(s) and welcome you back to our community.

1) You will be on probation until staff decides otherwise. An offense that would normally result in a warning will for you result in a ban. What this means is that you absolutely must be on your best behavior or you will be banned, this time permanently.

2) You will need to work with staff to drop the "Depressed" and other negative portions of your name and profile (like your avatar) to the extent possible. We feel that a name change might help you feel more positive and energetic and might help you in the long run.

3) You will need to demonstrate, through your actions, that the words in your appeal are meaningful and genuine rather than empty and said just to get back on the server. This means putting thought into things before you say them, logging off or seeking help before an issue arises, and helping others to learn and grow as you have.

4) You will need to acknowledge that you understand and agree to everything written here by replying appropriately to this thread.