Loyal Servant of Altera
Thank you to Jimmy for the amazing artwork!
[ The Harvest Mage ]
(Thank you to all the wonderful and talented artists who draw my character. I am so lucky to meet and work with these amazing people!)
⋗Gilligan Tolus Kearney☞ Other Names:
Gill, Gilly, Goat, Sheep, 'Gyll' (Kekoa), Very Talent Drawing Person (Kekoa), Dawn (Leo) , Mate (Sadbh) , Boyo (Sadbh), Red (James), Vermin (The Fool), Filthy Creature (The Fool), The Least Insufferable Caparii (Podric) , Killigan (Joseph), Glasses (Kopii)☞ Age:
⋗Caparii (Greathorn + Red mix)☞ Gender:
⋗ Male☞ Sexuality:
⋗Bisexual, he's pretty sure.☞ Current Residence:
⋗Sanardu/Storms Landing☞ Occupation:
⋗ Personal servant of Iskvandar Amadeo Mol'Alighieri and the Fuvur Empire.☞ Relationship Status:
⋗ 5’4”☞ Weight:
⋗170 pounds☞ Eye Color:
⋗Brown☞ Skin Color:
⋗Tannish Red☞ Shape of Face:
⋗Soft, with a little bit of a defined jaw, and a rounded chin. His hair frames his face with curls of red locks above his ears. Lately has been known to forget to shave, and some days has little whiskers of facial hair along his chin and jaw. He won't grow it past there, though.☞ Distinguishing Features:
⋗Gilligan has freckles all over. From his cheeks to his chin, his arms and his palms, his stomach and even along his shoulders.. They’re everywhere. Another thing that's hard to miss is the bark-like exterior of his hands and hooves, with grooves much like an actual tree. There are also little bell-shaped white flowers and olive-colored leaves that sprout from it.☞ Build of Body:
⋗Chubby, his weight primarily being fat rather than muscle. Gill is the shortest of his lineage. The thickest areas of his body are his stomach, his thighs, and his forearms.☞ Hair Color:
⋗Burgundy, Red☞ Hair Style:
⋗Long, in a sort of mullet fashion. His bangs hang down between his horns, longer in the back. His locks hang down to his shoulders.☞ Is Seen By Others As:
⋗Anxious, and rather nervous. He can be awfully paranoid at times, and tends to talk rather quickly, but seems to have good intentions.☞ Voice:
⋗Why don't you take a listen? (Credit to the incredibly talented Zachary Allen-Thierry for providing the voice of Gilligan) And check out his singing claim, too!☞ Wardrobe:
⋗Giligan has no taste in fashion, but tries to coordinate his outfits with his skewed perception on how it works. But he prefers clothes in earthy and 'autumn' tones. Prefers shorts over long pants or skirts. He sometimes wears longer sleeves or bandages along his legs to try and cover his wooden extremities.☞ Equipment:
↬ A. Messenger Bag
↬ B. Medical Kit
↬ C. Thread & Needles
↬ D. Rosemary Poultice
↬ E. Rag
↬ F. Numbing Salve
↬ G. Nettle Tonic
↬ H. Dagger
↬ I. Canteen with Water
↬ J. Personal Journal
↬ K. Writing Utensils
↬ L. Pressed Flowers
↬ M. Bag with empty seeds
↬ N. Jar of Ink
↬ O. Pouch of mulch
↬ P. Rope
↬ Q. Honey
↬ R. Wedge of Cheese
↬ S. Empty Vials
↬ T. Varied nuts
↬ U. Melarues Marmalade
↬ V Various Herbs
↬W. Bread, Oranges, Apples, Berries, etc.
↬ X. Harvesters Sickle, made by Jazzper (Thank you!)
Name: The Bleeding Goblet
Description: A goblet carved of obsidian, ancient in origin.
Effect: Whenever someone tries to drink from the goblet, it unerringly cuts the lip of the person drinking it, by design. However, whatever liquid is placed into the goblet and then stirred slightly (such as just by moving the goblet) will cause the liquid to change into a sort of ambrosia. It assumes a deep red color that spreads through it from some indeterminate point like a drop of dye until the entire drink is a strange, opaque maroon. Pouring the liquid out into another container causes it, upon passing the lip of the goblet, to turn back into whatever liquid it was before instantaneously. But, drinking from it directly (and cutting one’s lip in the process) allows one to drink of the ambrosia. It is the single greatest tasting drink one will ever enjoy in their life, and what’s
more, a single goblet’s worth of the stuff is enough to make even the hardiest person to become suddenly drunk as a skunk moments after drinking it.
❀ Personality ❀
❀ Personality ❀
✧ Chickens☞ Dislikes
✘ Loud Noises
✘ Assumptions about himself
✿ Endurance- Gill is a pretty thick guy, and as such can withstand bigger blows and wounds, as well as being more resilient to harsher conditions and poisons. He's tough, but not rough.
✿ Green Thumb- Although he still has his head in the clouds, this Caparii is quite knowledgable in herbalism and apothecary. Able to identify and forage plants that can be used for medicinal and other purposes. He's a good gardener as well, most thanks to his affinity in Formistry.
✿ Vocal Music- Inherited from his mother, Gilligan has a set of pipes that are rather impressive. He doesn't like to demonstrate his skill much, but he can be heard practicing at times in private if you listen in. He may even be implored to perform with the right crowd- But this Caparii is sort of sheepish around crowds.☞ Weaknesses
✂︎ Combat Unoriented- As hardy this tree may be, he's terrible with throwing a punch. He's able to take blows with no problems, but cannot properly fight back in a situation. Just because he's related to a Boxer doesn't mean he's going to have the perfect uppercut.
✂︎ Gullible- Being the youngest sibling of four, Gill was subject to a lot of unfortunate pranks and teasing. He was often tricked and ridiculed for being rather too trustworthy of people, and since he's rather an open book, its all the more easy for people to manipulate him. He's able to believe people rather easily, and it's not even an issue he's aware of, yet.
✂︎ Horrible Liar- Gill thought he was a good liar... Once. But now it's pretty evident that he's absolutely terrible with acting and pretending. He likes to think he's good at it! But in reality... He really isn't. And it is painfully obvious to tell.
✂︎ Phonophobic- This is the biggest hurdle Gill has the most issue conquering. Loud noises can easily startle him, to the point of having drastic mood swings and even anxiety attacks. He tries to calm himself any way he can, but the poor boy can’t handle it when people yell (Both at him, or in other places) and can’t go to any large events with big crowds. This is something he is trying to overcome, but it’s still something he struggles with.
⋗ Losing his friends/family
❀ Training & Skills ❀
Gilligan is for the most part, self taught. He practically lived at his local library and was hungry for knowledge. Anything that wasn’t academic, was taught by his father and mother. His Mother showed him how to play music and sing.
Learned from Parents:
Learned from Friends:
⋗Elven (Leo and Kopii, Ater teaching swear words)
☞ Alignment: Neutral Good
⋗Zodiac: March 25th, Aries
↬ Ditzy Genius
↬ Not So Weak
☞ Other Trivia
✒︎ Gilligan is allergic to fish, and is a vegetarian.
✒︎ He can be rather snarky when an opportunity presents itself.
✒︎ Due to his soft nature and rather chubby build, he gives good hugs.
✒︎ Gilligan is an incredibly heavy sleeper. And on top of that, he can sleep on practically anything. Dressers, floors, even bumpy and gruelling carriage rides.
✒︎ He can sometimes be seen 'pruning' at his arms and legs. Cutting off leaves or picking off flowers to maintain it.
✒︎ His favorite 'flavor' of anything is cinnamon.
✒︎ The scarf he wears used to belong to his dad.
✒︎ He has a common accent, but the rest of his family has thick accents comparable to Irish.
✒︎ He has a pet chicken named Beatrice, 'Bea' for short.
❀ History ❀
Childhood [ 0 - 12 ]
- Gilligan was born to Tolus Langtree and Eilis Norwell. They were unwed and lived in a caravan outside of Storms Landing. Gilligan doesn't remember much of them, but has heard tales about them from Naushe. They were worshippers of Theodra, and survived on their own hunting their own food, but made money through other means when they needed it. They were smugglers when they weren't hunting, primarily working with sneaking alcohol from Sooleran lands into Ackerland, where the Kearney family resided.
- An unfortunate accident befell Tolus and Eilis, having their trade intercepted as they were sneaking out-of-town liquors into Ackerland, leading to their violent and untimely demise. Gilligan was only two at the time. Naushe took the young Caparii in and hid him in his Ackerland home with his family.
- Gill was recluse. He was hardly allowed outside due to his appearance and had hardly a memory of living with his own kin. He entertained himself by learning to read and spending time with his new siblings. He was teased, but they took him in easily as their own. Emese luckily was fluent in Fae, teaching the young Caparii his home tongue. Naushe also taught Gill a bit of rede, but not enough to be fluent.
- Gilligan like to watch the next-door neighbors chickens flutter and cluck about from his bedroom window. He developed an affection for them and their grumpy personalities. He liked to name them, though they weren't his.
- He received ongoing headaches and migraines from seemingly nothing. He would get upset and throw tantrums over them, and his family didn't know how to address it besides home remedies.
- Emese, Naushes wife, took notice of Gilligans inclination for singing. He took the boy under her metaphorical wing and gave him vocal lessons.
- The locals grew tired of the heretical abomination living in Naushes abode, and threatened to kill the Caparii themselves if Naushe didn't do it himself. Naushe snapped, leading to the unintentional death of the very man who was the cause of his parents demise. Gill remembers every instance and second from that moment, being a witness of the violent scene himself.
- The Kearney family fled to avoid persecution. Gilligan was only seven. They found themselves in Storms Landing, having to grow accustomed to the bustling city life instead of the rustic farm environment
Adolescence [ 12 - 18 ]
- Gill practically lived in the local library. Absorbing all the information he could on anything. Now that he was allowed outside, he was making daily trips to hit the books.
- Despite leaving Ackerland, his dad was still getting in trouble. Regularly getting into fights and scuffing himself up, Gill felt the need to aid him and learned how to suture wounds to help his poor accident-prone father. He learned through trial and error, as well as shoving his face in several medical books. Luckily he never had to do anything seriously surgical.
- Gill began to have a fondness for foliage. The Storms Landing environment was a nice change of scenery from Ackerland, and Gill had a passive adoration for the local flora.
- His horns stopped growing at around nine. His mother believes that the cause is a lack of exercise, and perhaps a genetic disorder. Gilligan has been a bit self-conscious about them ever since.
- He developed a crush on the local librarian. He was a tall silver elf with his hair tied in a bun. Gill struck conversation with him after tripping over his feet and found out that his name was Onas, and he was around eighteen. They struck a friendship and the young fourteen year-old caparii fell head over heels.
- Onas was well-versed in the art of the stars, and showed Gill the constellations and ones he had discovered himself. Gilligan was fascinated, and had an interest in it himself.
- The Caparii's headaches became more frequent as he got older. Onas suggested he try bifocals to reduce the pain. Remarkably, seeing the world through lenses actually worked. He still owes the man for the suggestion.
- Gilligan inadvertently professes his feelings to Onas, and is very gently rejected due to their age gap between them. Though Onas did promise to stay friends with the Caparii as long as he returned his books on time.
- Gilligan was the ultimate target of teasing from his siblings. He was gullible and innocent enough that he was the perfect target for pranks and harassment. His annoyance for his siblings developed over years of this.
- Emese and Gilligan regularly practiced singing together, and soon she found that there was nothing more she could teach the Caparii. He was just as skilled as she and implored him to learn more and practice on his own time.
- The Ashen Blight hits Storms Landing, and Gill felt a need to do something. He decided to leave home to the Compendium to help the plagued populace. He wished his family goodbye and promised to visit often. He had no idea what he was getting into when he walked out that door.