Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

_Poke's Application [Approved - Niko]

_Poke

Lord of Altera
The Whitelist Application Form:

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

_Poke

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?

The United States (MST)

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?

Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Meta-gaming occurs when one roleplaying party performs an act using information learned in any out-of-character context. If Bob is off adventuring without his brother, Billy Bob, (because Billy Bob took an arrow to his knee) and during his travels is surrounded by the vicious Robert Robber Bandits and then procedes to out-of-character message all his Bobby brothers to save him and they take heed of his call and come to his aid, then the Bobby brothers would be meta-gaming.

Power-gaming occurs when one roleplaying party emotes an action that gives no opportunity for the other party to react unless there is a logical in-character reason, for example if the other party in unconscious. If Bob is in sword fight with his brother Billy Bob (because Billy Bob refused to take out the trash) and Bob emotes the following "Bob swings his sword upon Billy Bob's right knee sheering a clean cut and bringing Billy Bob to the ground." which gives Billy Bob no chance to block or dodge his attack, then Bob would be power-gaming.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

X-Ray mods and X-Ray texture packs are not allowed on the server.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Jase is one of the server's current mentors.

8. Tell us about yourself!

Hi! I'm _Poke and I have been Minecraft Roleplaying for the past 6 years. I'm currently a college student majoring in Physics and hope to go to graduate school eventually. I enjoy skiing, playing tennis and running. I'm a fan of Star Wars, Sid Meir's Civilization and sometimes begrudgingly, Pokemon. I was formerly in theatre and always enjoy a good play, especially anything Shakespeare. I'm excited for what this server has to offer and am enthralled by the Saytr-Like Caparii.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I was formerly on the build team for another Minecraft role-play server and do have several builds posted online, but it has been some years since I have finished a project and so I'm a bit rusty.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

I found this server when looking for a new role-play server to join. I have not role-played in awhile and wanted to get back into the swing of things with a new character in a new world.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Salome

Character Age: 56

Character Race: Caparii

Appearance:

As the figure in the distance first began to appear the only thing that was distinct was the clunking sounds that were audible as its feet hit the cobble street, probably from metal boots. Yet, as the figure got closer it was clear that it was Caparii-sized horseshoes attached to grey hooves instead. The Caparii had short grey horns that got darker the closer they got to their protrusions on its forehead. Its fur was a light brown with a tint of orange and had various grey spots all over, even in the small tuffs of hair on its shoulders. Evident by the lack of clothing, just a pale green scarf and a belt with small purple bags attached, the Caparii was male about 5'9" and around 150 lbs. He looked slim, but not unmuscular. He was holding a small horn-like instrument that if you knew better looked like a miniature Bootie, which was somewhat odd considering he was most obviously a Lighthoof. As he passed, he made eye contact with his grey eyes and said with a smile in a temperate voice "Good Day."

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

With a deliberate sounding from his miniature Bootie, Salome gave tutelage to the Caparii woman sitting at the other end of the bar trying to get her attention with the noise.

The woman looks up from her drink head cocked curious at Salome’s offering. She briefly thinks it over, but is not too interested. All the while, she is willing to have some fun with him. She moves herself across the bar and sits next to him. “Hello,” she says to him in her native Fae.

Surprised that it worked, Salome grasps at his shoulder tufts in a nervous fashion. He quickly comes to his senses and lowers his arm once again just in time for her approach. “Hello,” he returns in Fae “and how are you today, lovely?”

The woman chuckled lightly “I’m alright thank you, but what about you?” She lightly caresses his shoulder hair.

“Ah, it’s been good, especially with a pretty face like you around!” Salome smiled sweetly. He looked at her horns trying to examine them more closely. “So you must be a Greathorn then, eh?”

“Oh? You think my horns are impressive, no?” She let her hand reach to touch them. She seemed to be actually flattered by this comment. “Alas, I’m not a Greathorn though. Just a simple Lighthoof.”

Salome’s smile grew as she reacted to his comment. He was just glad that it made her proud, especially because he is not a trophy himself “Horns are not everything though, what do you do?”

“I work in a nearby shop. I normally maintain wares, but sometimes I work behind the counter. That excites me most. Maybe I should open my own shop one day.” The Caparii woman looked lost in thought for a brief second before looking back to Salome expecting his response.

Salome nodded “I think that is an admirable goal as any. I wish I was as steadfast as that. I am a wanderer now, trying to find a place in the world. If anything, I just want somebody to know my name. I do play music as well, in my free time.”

The woman seemed intrigued and asked “What’s your name then?” She then took a sip of her drink which was nearly empty.

“Oh! I do apologize! I’m Salome and can I buy you a drink?” He smiled at her.

The woman nodded and watched as Salome threw the coin towards the bartender. “Of course!” she smiled. She waited for the drink and didn’t leave like she thought she would. Staying for, if anything, the conversation.

Salome returned his hand to his side having not noticed that it wandered back up to his shoulder. He smiled and continued the conversation into the night.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.