Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Poster Concerning Caparii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
Breaking neutrality was never clearly explained in the laws themselves. Posting a poster saying something like "lol, x-god and x-gods people are bad" is essentially the same thing as going to the crossroads and yelling the same phrase because the message gets across in pretty much the same way. (And tons of people have gone to crossroads and insulted other groups to not be smitten) What neutrality exactly is it that shouldn't be broken? Alteran geopolitics? Inter-pantheon conflict? Heretic/Pantheon relations? I never quite understood. If you arrest someone for breaking the divine law in crossroads using violent force, do you break neutrality? With how little it is explained and how up to interpretation it is, one could argue that saying something like "lol, followers of Shalherana smell bad" breaks neutrality because you're clearly taking a stance against followers of a specific divine. If you try to control the flow of bandwidth in the crossroads, do you break neutrality?
If somebody attacks people in crossroads for reasons completely independent of any ongoing conflicts, they aren't taking any stance in anything, and are thus neutral, and thus not breaking divine law.

Really I have no idea and I don't think anyone does because so little is written and so much is left for interpretation. This is why I have absolutely no idea whether or not posting this kind of poster breaks divine law.

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
The whole area is neutral. Wanted posters for War criminals and theives alike have been hanged up. Nobody has been killed by a Divine for it.

Its thy shall not kill on Neutral Ground, not Thy shall not hang poster.
But, i'm pretty sure the rule was that you shall respect it as neutral ground for everyone that isn't a outright criminal against the pantheon... That no mortal nor divine shall ruin this neutrality. I don't remember anything saying "Thy shall not kill" specifically... Huh
Breaking neutrality was never clearly explained in the laws themselves. Posting a poster saying something like "lol, x-god and x-gods people are bad" is essentially the same thing as going to the crossroads and yelling the same phrase because the message gets across in pretty much the same way. Breaking the neutrality of what? Of Alteran geopolitics? Of inter-pantheon conflict? Of heretic-pantheon relations? I never quite understood. If you arrest someone for breaking the divine law in crossroads using violent force, do you break neutrality? With how little it is explained and how up to interpretation it is, one could argue that saying something like "lol, followers of Shalherana smell bad" breaks neutrality because you're clearly taking a stance against followers of a specific divine. If you try to control the flow of bandwidth in the crossroads, do you break neutrality?
If somebody attacks people in crossroads for reasons completely independent of any ongoing conflicts, they aren't taking any stance in anything, and are thus neutral, and thus not breaking divine law.

Really I have no idea and I don't think anyone does because so little is written and so much is left for interpretation. This is why I have absolutely no idea whether or not posting this kind of poster breaks divine law.
On the other hand, this guy makes a good point, I got nothin. Maybe if it's advocating for the deaths of others that breaks neutrality? I mean that's what I assumed, but I don't know so I guess I have no right to say anything...

With that in mind:
What if the criminal is the entire race?
So can I put up a wanted poster of every race in altera ordering their deaths? I mean, /every/ race has broken the laws of the land. :p

Spark

Broken
Can you not do this on the forums please, if you actually have an issue, bring it up in RP. By saying that I'm not asking you to make characters specifically to go against us. Of course you're welcome to if you want. If it's a joke, please continue.

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
those agrees.
Breaking News: Wolfstadt doesn't understand sarcasm. (or they're more self-aware than I realized, let me give you some credit here)
Now you're just being rude and insulting valid roleplay.

Spark

Broken
um....
I'm sassing the practice of making blatant racism jokes..... on the forums.
OOC blatant racism.

not RP.

I'm sorry if it looked otherwise.
Excuse me. What are you talking about? Are you accusing us of being actual racists? Kindly refrain from replying to our threads if you are going to continue to accuse us of this.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Just about everyone in this thread is behaving outrageously and needs to go to their respective corners. This is not appropriate discourse for this forum. If you can't responsibly roleplay the racism (hint: you're not, based on your OOC attitudes), OR keep racism against a fantasy race IC (hint: you're not if you're going to metagame a character in direct retaliation), then I have no problem taking whatever action needs to be taken. I'm not going to tag anyone, because I'm talking to just about everyone.

And give this thread a unique title.

Status
Not open for further replies.