Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished A Sermon From 1

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
fdb02597b1f41fff807f03c741b1e663.jpg
Posted only in Gallia
The Below is Written in Elvish Only:

Those who live at home, or afar open your minds and join in a sermon of knowledge.

What: Sermon
Where: Gallia - Patina
When: April 16, 2024 Noon MST
Hosted by: 1

This will be a visage sermon where my character will be masked and unnamed. If you know OOC who it is, please don't talk about their identity. The entire sermon will be held in Elven, and the announcement is not written in common either. So if you can't read it, and no one read it to you, you wouldn't know.

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
The sermon was held IC, on the server in Patina. The transcript is below. Screenshots of actual RP available on request.

*The masked figure, known as 1 stands, their voice altered to further obscure their identity. Their voice would sound of the character known as ‘The Lion’*

Because the sermon is held in Gallia the prayer for the royal family is stated in Elven

Divine, with all our honor, love, courage and compassion

We ask you to shine upon our mortal leaders

Grant them the strength to lead us and the power and glory to spread thy words.​

*1 pauses and starts with a prayer to Visage*

Visage, we call out to you.

Keeper of knowledge and secrets silence my lips so my ears may hear

So my eyes may read.

As your moonlight shines on me, as the tides of the sea hit my feet I am reminded, o great one to keep what is holy to me close to me.

I ask, keeper of secrets and whispers, to let me learn what I need in order to better serve the realms.

In your shadows may I follow you into the unknown.

And may I exit your shadow wiser.​

*1 bows their head and begins the sermon*

We gather today to come out of the shadows and talk about the keeper of knowledge and secrets, Visage. There have been much debate about our divine, and the fallen before him Silas. Supporters of Silas would tell you that knowledge should be shared by all. Knowledge should be used to advance Altera and help everyone. *They pause* Silas would be wrong. What Silas failed to realize is knowledge in the wrong hands is just as dangerous as secrets your enemies keep. Many say Visage is morally wrong in his pursuit to hide knowledge but I ask you to think about it. If your enemy was at your door step, would you want them to be on an even playing field or would you want to perhaps have knowledge for a weapon to defeat them they no one knows of? If murderers were at your door step, do you wish they shared all the knowledge you have, as they enter and butcher your family? If Gallia were under attack, our elven homeland, do you wish the aggressors shared the same knowledge we have? No. You don’t. You’d want the upper hand and this is where Silas was misguided in his pursuit to share knowledge.

Not everything needs to be shared, or should be shared. Secrets are your best friend, they are what keeps us alive. Secrets protect the realm, seeking knowledge on your own, protects the realm. It betters yourself, it makes you self-sufficient. And when you have knowledge to care for yourself, you ultimately are better than the ignorant beggar who begs for radiants without change in themselves. I am not saying, do not help your fellow man. I am saying , give them the tools to obtain their own knowledge to care for themselves. Do not throw all your secrets at them, for they will use that in the future to harm you. You do not show your enemy how to craft a sword just so they can stab you with it later.

My blood, Gallians or not, my message is clear tonight. We must usher in a new wave of thinking, where we keep what is sacred to us, to us. Where we do not arm those with knowledge who will without guilt come barging down your door. We must as Visage commands us, selectingly give thy knowledge. And we must, to better ourselves seek far for words of worth. The watcher sees all, knows all, and when it comes time for his love to shine in us, will be watching.

*1 steps away and the sermon ends*

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
*sigh* another fundamental wrong misconception of silas's tenants....

Anywho, is there a particular reason hw rp was conducted on another server? Or am I missing something.

Dont get me wrong, thoroughly enjoyed the transcript.

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
*sigh* another fundamental wrong misconception of silas's tenants....

Anywho, is there a particular reason hw rp was conducted on another server? Or am I missing something.

Dont get me wrong, thoroughly enjoyed the transcript.

No I mean it was done on this server. Just I stated it as no one else was logged on and since I'm using this for divine progress I didn't want people later to think I never did this event.

Patina is the name of the city.