Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon A squire's account of Torsomme's Valiant defense

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend

The False God's legions made their way from the south.
By horse and horn the crown prince led them towards us. A horde of undead.
They shall burn.
The wall was manned east to west, at least a man every 3 metres.
They first advanced from the west.
We held.
Then the east.
We held.

By this point many had left the wall, chasing after the legion forcing them to the sword. The Prince charged with his own men.
I stuck to the Kaiser. I knew this were the best place for me to be, I was both in the eyes of my King and following the duties of my knight. We fought many hundreds. My Armour reduced to shreds. For what felt like hours we pushed back the death and disease.
Then the King shouted. Once he had yelled, we did not stop.

"WE DO THIS FOR THE LIGHTBRINGER! GOD WITH US!"

Motivation and divine vigor flooded the field. We began to push back against the dead, further and further until the piles of gore and corpses stretched half a mile from the wall itself. With the Lodestar's guidance we had turned the tables. Steel clashed against rotten flesh and rotten teeth clashed against steel and mail. We held.

A war horn sounded. One single, sombre, note.

"THE LIGHT DEMANDS YOU FALL TO THE WALL, WE WILL NOT FALL!"

In the midst of the southern facing battle we had been flanked, undead began swarming behind our walls. Once more the Prince led his men and forced them back, the wall was manned once more and the dead pushed back into their own fallen. It wasn't long before we saw the end nearing.

With a final push from the wall, the Kaiser, Prince and all of Anhald's might plunged forth. Crushing through the False god's minions and ending the battle.

"FRONTE, DYER. TO ME!"

The King's voice bellowed across the battlefield. Everyone began to close in, and I stayed close behind the Kaiser. He called the two forwards and whilst bloodlust and exhaustion fought each other, called them to kneel. Two taps on each shoulder and he proclaimed.

"You knelt as a Squire, rise as Sir Elluin of Torsomme."

He rose.
"You knelt as a squire, rise as Sir Dyer the Valiant."

He rose.

Exhaustion flowed through each of the newly proclaimed knights. It was here that our first Bite was made known. Sir Elluin. He was quickly ordered off of the battlefield by a newly appointed Serjeant to be taken to Grafjell. Then the second bite took hold. From behind the crowd Edmund collapsed, succumbing to the disease in his veins. The King, passionate as ever, ran to his son's side and we took him aside to safety, the battle over.

Yet it was not over. Upon our return to the keep stragglers from the Western river showed up. They cut off at least two of our men, and the portcullis was shut.

One was left to their fates, the other ploughed through the dead like butter, arrows aiding them at every turn.

Gott mit uns!
This is my account of The defense of Torsomme.

*Signed*

Dante Blackmoore
(This is IC perspective, please respect there may be inaccuracies or exaggerations)

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Depending on feedback, I may make one for Azerport too, although, Dante didn't see the most of that battle as I was lagging like hell.