Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

(Amyotte Battlyun) - Application [Approved - Moo]

Dualmittens

Loyal Servant of Altera
About you

1) What is your Minecraft username?
My Minecraft username is Dualmittens, and yes there is a story behind it. I've used it since around 9 or so.
2) How old are you?
As of April 17, 2012, i haved 16 years.

3) Where are you?
I'm in my computer chair, on my laptop in my house, in Aberdeen South Dakota in the United States of America.
Or
45.4819, -98.5064

4) Have you read our guides yet?
Yes, i've looked over a few of the guides so far. Ranging from the Major Hubs, to the core races. Different fan fictions and whatever else aswell. But mostly guides, just to see what you put in them.

5) Introduce yourself! (Minimum 5 sentences please!)
Well, i'm Earl Killingsworth Jr.
I have one brother, and 3 sisters; brother being half brother, two sisters being twins, and another half sister which i've never met (and barely know anything about her). As for who i am, i heavily delve into computers and the like. I love electronics more than most physical things in this world, and simply love messing with computers specifically, be it coding or hardware issues.

As for maybe some relationship things, i am taken :heart:. Girlfriend being named Faith, and her being a wonderful lady, i love her very much. We have been dating for around 7 months or so, and plan on for a while longer :3

But enough about me, onwards!

6) Got any examples of your work?
I'm not sure what this means...
Builds maybe? I don't really have any pictures of such... i actually just deleted them :I

Maybe things i've done in the RP community will suffice?
I've helped build a server that i ran, and have been in Fallout RP for over a year now. :I
I just am not sure what this area would mean.

About your character

Name: Amyotte Battlyun

Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
Standing around 6'3", weighs in around 190 pounds of muscles from years of manual labor. Looks similar to his elvin ancestors/relatives solely on the tall and handsome look, but varies in comparison to elvin males. His facial features are less feminine and more similar to that of a Earthspawn. Sharper edges on the face, he'd be attractive to a female human, but is looked down on in the elvin eyes of beauty. Ears are also cut short, which he hides behind his long dark brown hair. And when i say cut, i mean literally cut, as they have scar tissue long since healed over along the edges. Obviously has no body/facial hair due to his Elfish ancestry.

He wears light and cheap clothing. A simple loose white shirt adorns his muscular chest, and regular fitting brown pants are covering his legs. A pair of reliable leather boots are worn among his feet for the usual work environment he is in.

A bit like this, minus the facial hair and obviously OP items.

The test

Born in Timbervale to two parents, he wasn't the best off to begin with. His family was living in one of the worst poverty areas of the city, with little more than a tent and some "walls" to call their own. His time wasn't spent learning book smarts but simply trying to survive. Of course, this was made even more difficult soon afterwards, as it was realized he wasn't like the other Elvin children.

At the age of 13, he began to hit his puberty. At this point, he quickly became scoffed and harassed by the others in town, even by humans. He began to look moreso like an elfish earthspawn, than a elfish male. His parents looked down on him from time to time, but always treated him carefully as their child, like always.

By the age of 17, he was a bit larger than the others from the years of fighting them off from their harassment. Of course, his size didn't mean much when they gathered up on him. At this point, every now and then he attempted to cut his hair, but usually didn't have the time or caring to between working for a local blacksmith and farmer at the same time. He remembers the day clearly, but trys to never think of it. He was on his way home from a late day in the blacksmith while he was ganged up on by his drunken city kin.

They firstly held him to the ground for a rash beating before they did the undo able. They wretched his head from side to side before pulling out a knife, spitting a bit on his face before moving his hair aside.
"Its high time you 'ere looked more like the Earthspawn you ~hiccup~ look like!", says the initial one on top of him, with a drunken slur to their voice.
He screamed and wrestled as they brought the knife down. It's dullness didn't help the cutting, as it went in rough, and came out rougher.

They laughed at the gore they had committed, and walked off into the night. His vision blurry, and his ears on fire, he walked back to the Blacksmith he was just at.
Stumbling into the front door, he collapsed through it.
Through his blurry vision, he saw the faint and dark figure of his Master before him, who quickly rushed to his aid. Over the next moments, his vision varied on blurring as he was carried. He could tell instantly where the Master intended to take him.
"N... noo...", Amyotte says in an exhausted and shocked voice.
The Master must of ignored the request (or rather demand), as he was still taking him to the forge in the back. Setting Amyotte down, he walked to the forge and put a small metal plate in the forge.
After it was red hot, he walked back over with the metal in some clamps, and began the cauterizing he intended to do.
It was like cold water in a hot sleep, as Amyotte instantly screamed into the dark night from the pain, and once again as the other ear was cauterized as well, before he fell unconsious in the night.

He woke up in the back of his Master's house, realizing what happened the night before. Not realizing the pain he was in at first, he felt his ears to see if it was just a dream. A grave mistake, obviously. He grimaced and collapsed back on the bed he was in, moaning at the pain he was in. The noise was heard from the inside of the house, and the Master came to the boy in his mud room.

"Aye aym sorry for y'our eers mah lad. Tha will neva' heal rite.", his voice solemn and quiet; laden heavily with his accent.

"I'm... I don't..." He wells up a bit from both the pain, and the moment he had just been through the night before.

"Y'our fam will surlee miss yu lad. Aye aym sorry, but... but y'our fam can't hayve y'ou ayny longa." He says, more so solemnly.

"What?", he says through welled up eyes. "Why couldn't i return to my family?"

"Thee dun't neyd the attenshun of theyr son bein' robbed. To eveyn call da keds out wuyd meen suicide froom the up'er fams."

Amyotte is at a loss of words at the statements bared before him. First his ears, now his family, he has nowhere to go.

"Where... W-where am i supposed to go from now?", he says as he holds back the tears of an aged adolescent. =

"I dun goyt yuu a job wif a carayvan. Y'ou set off in da hour."

Looking up, he wonders what has become of him, and what he thought was his friend. His teenage mind begins to blame not only the kids for the sudden life change to him, but both his master and parents as well. In his current state, he hates them more than anything, but in the years after his departure, he realizes how true they were for what they did.

Travelling to Heaven's Reach, he got paid for the Caravan job and set off to leave the continent he was on. Eventually, he signed on with a sailing vessel, and set off to Port Silver.

Upon landing, he spent little time in the city, and quickly went north into the forest, this time siding up with a lumber company.

Years upon years of life in the hard life of physical labor, his body is taught to the environment of the labor (+1). Means of combat, he has little experience outside of fist fighting(-1). He is a suave from years talking to nobles, and bar keepers alike, combined with his good looks(+1), he is extremely self conscious of his ears, and if asked prefers to be known as a large human, and hates being called an earthspawn(-1). An excellent blacksmith, he has years of experience from both odd jobs and his time as an apprentice(+1). Suffers from a lack of formal education, and can't read or write very well(-1).

Now, it being 7AM for me; and no sleep until now, i'm off to bed. I hope to be accepted/denied by the time i wake up somewhere from 12 hours from now ^-^
I hope you liked my application :heart:
PS: 1024 words in my actual application. :3

Moochick

The Very Best, That No One Ever Was
Very nicely done! Way to incorporate the lore you've learned!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)

Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Where to vote for us
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
Hollow World Texture pack
Role-Play training camp
The Players' Handbook
The Role-Play Character Assistance Team(RP-CAT)

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.