Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

An Arch Age Story

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
The Pheonix Ashes

Chapter One

The Beginning

Aranor reclined in his newly acquired estate in the lamplight his family history book in hand and a crystal glass in the other.Filled with a deep red liquid of fine four hundred year old elvish cherry wine.

“And to think my family had fallen so far but i have re built us stone by stone back into what we truly are.”he said lightly in a muse as he set down the book as he mulled in thought his family had begun thirty years ago. When his father a prominent Nuian noble whose family was taken from him due to sickness.Met his mother a young beautiful countess whose family experienced the same troubles.The two courted for little over a year before they were married the two took to each other with love care in devotion furthering Nuian Supremacy wherever they went.

It wasnt long before they began to invest the family income into trade and merchant houses soon after Lord Sindel and Lady Rose found that they were to have child. Rose sat in their manse combing her hair humming softly as the brush ran threw her raven colored hair.Soon after Lord Sindel came in closing the door lightly behind himself.

“Good evening dear how are you feeling this eve?” he asked looking worn out as he kissed her upon the head lightly.Rose rubbed her stomach smiling softly at his kiss looking up at him.

“Very well our little one should be in this world soon,but what troubles you my love?”she asked him looking up at him worriedly.

“Elves fuckign Elves a family has left thier isolationist ways and has been quite successful in trading their peoples goods.If this keeps up they will push out of business and wealth.”he sighed heavily muttering several curses.

Ansgar gripped tightened on the crystal glass before it shattered cutting his palm open.He swore in anger over the memory as he muttered some magic concentrating over his hand as it knitted back together glass removing itself.He remembered those days of tension when he was younger.After his birth was soon followed by a pair of twin sister’s and for 6 years they fought the elven merchant family.

He was trained as ever aspiring lord was by many tutors both in diplomacy,languages,sword,bow,and spear as well as riding but he was found to possess magic when he came of age at thirteen. At the same time that is when his family's fortunes turned for the worse.The long standing battle with the Elvish filth he recalled was lost forcing his family into poverty if it wasn't for his father pushing him into the academy for magical arts using the last of their influence to do so he would be with them. He still remembered his father's words to him that day when they took him their. He recalled them as the blood from the wound pooled from his hand and fell into the red cushion he sat on.

His father stood there knelt in front of him smiling hands on his shoulders his mothers stood behind him looking as regal even in defeat as well as his twin sisters.

“Now my son this is your chance to save the family and salvage our name hold the hatred of the Elvish kind that did this to us. Nurture it and keep it alive do not come looking for us you must not be associated with any poor family.Succeed and rebuild the name and wealth and remember our family motto.” he patted ansgars back before he was ushered in by the pair of armored clad battle mages.

Ansgar sighed as he picked up the shards of the glass and set them down on the table. He had kept his promise to his father and rebuilt the family’s wealth and power.He looked up at the banner across from him.Black and blue crossed down sideways evenly with a red silk pheonix in its center.The families motto Stregth,Purity,Wealth,Family carefully stiched upon the bottom.

8years ago

Aranor walked threw the medical tent his usual attire of a sorcerer replaced with a modest yet elgent robe of silk.It was colored a deep ocean blue trimmed in crimson black a red pheonix upon his chest. The moans and cries of those in pain grew around him as he knelt down near a nuian male.He laid his hands upon the man's wounds muttering words of magic as a soft glow radiated out from it mending the flesh.

He had left the academy two years ago finding the stifling constraints his teachers put on him exhausting. And the linear thinking that had bound them all no one wanted to push the boundaries in practical magical use. They were scared and afraid to bring about another falling like Aurioa.

“Idiots”He muttered softly shaking his head at the recalling finally lifting his hand nodding to the man who quieted down into a peaceful revere.He had joined the Nuian Medical Core three years ago. His training in the academy granted him entry as skilled healers and sorcerers were always needed. He slowly learned from fellow nuian healers and sorcerers eager to learn what they wouldn't teach him in the academy,or what he wouldn't find in the books there.

He worked his way slowly through the tent seeing to his fellow nuians healing each in turn taking his time as he did so talking to each that could taking his time.He came out of the tent his red crimson eyes looking around as he scratched the beard,as a young nuian woman walked up her fiery red hair,and emerald eyes glinted at him.

“Why do you bother with the lowly masses Aranor they will just all die in the next battle anyhow,your power would better be put to use helping your fellow sorcerers and healing the knights.”she finished crossing her arms in front of her chest dressed in pure fiery red robes trimmed in gold her staff of rare maple and topped with a emerald crystal.

“Because Liandra though we are noble we are still charged with the care of those below us, and those who are always strict and treat those below themselves with distan do not live long lives.Besides they are Nuians not like i am degrading myself treating elves” He smirked lightly at her.She smiled softly as she leaned in and kissed him gently before leaning back with a smirk.

“Growing a beard are you thats new,and you are right like always someone amongst use must be seen showing compassion lest we have a rebellion on our hands.But come Bilthar is requesting our attendance i spoke to him of your experiments with the elves and he is quite interested in hearing your thoughts”she said taking his hand in hers as she led him off to another section of the camp.

Bilthar’s tent was near the center of the camp a status afforded to him by his position as commander of all the sorcerers in the army.The pair walked into the tent nodding as the wards around the tent announced their arrival. An older man sat in a cushioned chair looking over a scroll.Ansgar and Liandra bowed at the waist to him lightly before speaking.

“You summoned us Bilthar” Ansgar spoke softly waiting as Blthar nodded as he rolled up the parchment setting it aside on the table next to him.He picked up a wine glass and took a sip of it lightly nodding.

“Aye young lad I was just finishing reviewing some of your notes about bone weaving and the different control and measurements involved when willing bones to repair themselves. I will admit i am intrigued by the notes and the decision to use the elvish captive’s please both of you sit and let us discuss”He said lightly motioning to a pair of chairs on either side of him.

They spoke late into the night sipping wine and discussing the differences and the philosophy in the research he was doing. Late at night Ansgar and Liandra exited the tent flush with wine and in good mood. Ansgar picked up Liandra in a cradle kissing her lightly as he carried her to thier tent the two lost in merriment and joy.

“Wake up young phoenix were going to be needed in the assault here in a few hours”Liandras voice teased out to him as Ansgar rolled over opening his eyes with a yawn.Liandra smiled back to him lightly and sweetly as she was brushing her hair looking at him in the mirror.

“What did i do to deserve such a wonderful woman in my life that has made it so complete” he said sweetly smiling as he stood getting dressed,Liandra stood placing a hand on his chest kissing him lightly.

“Dont you forget it I also have good news we have a smaller sorcerer or sorceress brewing in our midst”She said placing a hand on her stomach,Aranor looked down and then broke into a smile as he picked her up in his arms twirling her around as she laughed.

“You mean i get to be a father praise Nui we have to get married I have to tell Brilthor” he said quickly as he began dress slipping on a shirt as Liandra laughed lightly as she sat back down.

“Dont rush to fast ill be along shortly we still have a castle to take after all and can you please see what's going on outside.”She asked raising a brow Aranor nodded as he started to step out of the tent when a harsh clanging of swords rang out as the air started to hang heavy as magic worked its way thru it.

“Rouge Mage!”a shout rang out over the air as several cries of agony the next few moments seem to pass in a eternity. Liandra and him locked eyes for the briefest of moments when the tent before her vanished in flames the mirror shattering. Razor sharp pieces of glass striking her before the bolt of flame ripped into her chest. Aranor was blown from his feet with a hard thud onto his back.

He was quickly back up onto his feet coughing hard as he took off running back to the tent stumbling as he called out in fear.

“Liandra! Liandra answer me” he screamed tearing threw the remains of the tent ash and ruined fabric being tossed aside as he finally found the remains of Liandra her breathing was shallow very shallow,as blood was pooled under her body.Ansgar shook his head tears falling from his face she stirred slightly her eyes fluttering open weekly as she smiled her hand coming up to his cheek.

“My phoenix promise me you'll one day find another,Nui calls to me it is mine and our childs time”she coughed blood speaking her lips.

“No Liandra i can heal you i can heal you don't leave me don't”He shouted the light slowly faded from Liandras eyes as Ansgar pulled her close his tears soaking her chest his pain lasted moments. As he pulled his face it was covered in soot his grief replaced by anger as he set her body down standing slowly as the sounds from the world around him returned.

“Maaaaaaaaaage face me!”He screamed turning towards the source of all his pain and anguish, A elvish mage stood at the center as guards backed away the very base feral carnage of the sound of his challenge causing them to pause.

“Your kind took my family, you took my love, you took my child”he spoke advancing towards her the electric air of magic intensifying.The female mage swept her staff sending a arc of flame towards Ansgar. He deftly wove a counter spell batting it aside. As he own hands came wreathed in magical flame running at her as he swept his hands out.

A hint of fear crossed the elven mages face as he took hold of her staff the heat increasing recklessly.His sheer disregard for his own health by tapping into so much magic gone into the wind. The wood soon buckled then snapped with a violent tendency sending wooden splinters into them both.She tried to pull away but Ansgar grabbed her by the throat his hand still wreathed in flame searing her flesh as she let out a scream of pain of agony.

“You will suffer for what you have done as will the rest of those in that keep”he spat out with venom the flames vanishing from his hands as he focused a spell and punched her in the chest.The forceful implosion racked her body as ribs snapped lungs and organs were crushed,he let her drop to the ground as she gaped for breath clawing at her own burnt throat.

Everyone parted before Ansgar as he walked threw the camp who witnessed the short revenge before her stood out of a bowshot away from the keeps main gates.His hands waved and moved as he chanted out the magical words.A magical circle taking base at his feet as he reached out his red eyes seemed on fire. As those elves on the battlements watched him from safety.Soon a dot appeared in the skies that grew larger with every passing moment,a shout rose from the battlements as many ran for cover.

A meteor rained down smashing head long into the gates with the violence of a newborn star the gates folding before it like paper.Ansgar collapsed passing out from his own wounds and the sheer arrogance of attempting all he had done. The last he saw as he lay down was nuian soldiers charging into the keep.

Chapter one

Part Two

Flames,Renewal,Purpose​

One Week Later

Aranor awoke coughing with a fit scaring the young lady who scampered out of the tent quickly. He sat up slowly wincing looking at his bandaged chest freshly wrapped his head throbbed with a dull ache. He swung his legs over the cot as he sat up grimacing slightly at the pain before taking a jug of water and filling it as he drank from it greedily.

“Your awake its about time”A older voice called from the entrance Aranor looked over to spy Bilthar at the entrance leaning on a cane.The older man came forward and sat in a chair next to him as a foreboding silence fell over the pair.

“You know that mage died very painfully it wasn't a pretty sight by the time the healers got to her”the old man said lightly before sighing looking at Aranor out of the corner of his eye.

“The entire camp is split half of them fear you they say you were like a demon of vengeance,a phoenix resurgence.The other half cheer your actions in cutting the siege times but you could of killed yourself it was foolish and reckless what you did.”He finished Aranor stared ahead before looking up at the ceiling of the tent.

“We kept her body preserved magicly we assumed you wanted to do the funeral rights and honors,but after this im having you transferred out of this unit to the frontlines a unit that shares your hatred for the elves.”Bilthar spoke softly before standing up glancing at him before leaving shaking his head. Aranor sat there for several minutes before sighing standing up and getting dressed in his robes. Silently a pair of silver chains fell from his cloths he looked down picking them up as he ran his thumb over them lightly.One was a silver pheonix with rubies set into it the other was a rose. He smiled as he ran his fingers over them the last things he had of Liandra they had gotten them he was her phoenix and she was his beautiful rose.He sighed and walked outside to go begin the preparations for the funeral.

Couple hours later.

A funeral pyre had been built as Aranor wiped the sweat from his brow he had just finished as several of the other sorcerers the pair had knew began to show up.Each offered their condolences to him and he gave his thanks in return.When the moon was finally high in the sky they gathered around the pyre as she lay there looking peaceful Aranor stepped up kissing her upon the brow.

“I swear upon Nui my love that if another woman should ever find a place in my heart again like you did. She will not suffer your fate nor our children I will draw my last breath before this happens again and i will fill her life with as much joy as ours was”he finished stepping back he whispered words as his hand ignited in flame before he threw a small ball at the pyres base. the dry wood instantly caught going up in a inferno.

It was dawn before the fire was extinguished and he stayed for it all as the others dwindled away back to camp.Taking the necklace he wrapped them around his wrist as he gathered her ashes and put them in a vase shutting it softly. He stood up and with the vase walked out of camp his place was finished here now it was time to move on.

He spent the next month delivering the ashes of Liandra to her family where they belonged and told them of how she and their unborn child had perished. Aranor took his time with them getting to know the family how was going to be apart of. After a few short goodbyes he left heading to his next unit. He was very surprised when showed up and found a unit full of like minded Nuians like himself he smiled softly and finally thought he found a place to move forward in life.

6 years later, two months ago.

Aranor had worked diligently for six years in the medical core experimenting on the elves they took captive. Many survived in his efforts a many more died as he tried to get down the bone growth rates, and the variations of each bone individually.On the battlefield he was equally deadly using his magical arts to help his allies and make him the bane of those he fought. He picked up the uses of sword and shield and bow as making sure he was proficient enough in all just in case.

“Aranor come here we have a new batch of wounded elves”a captain shouted Aranor sighed in annoyance as he came over taking his time.

“Alright elves don't touch me you were warned i'm going to look over you”he spoke curtly kneeling down as he began to work his way threw the wounded. As he came to the last one he lurched up and clasped onto his shoulder Aranor recoiled in disgust.

“Filthy fucking knife ear”he growled grabbing the elves hands in his muttering softly as he concentrated he felt the bones of the elves hands snap one by one as he worked his magic, the elf screamed and writhed in pain as every bone was broken in them. He took a sword from his hip and for good measure the hands were lopped off,than he seared the stumps closed with fire magic.

“Serves you right filth now you won't touch anything ever again”he spat before walking away atleast this was his last day here he thought as he stormed off.

Current time

Aranor looked around he was fresh out of the military and enjoying his time out he had saved a lot of his money in the military and found passage to Redalia. He was now striding down the center plaza he took pause for a moment looking over. In Front of the manse checking the mail stood a figure with long raven black hair dressed in elegant clothes. He smiled as approached she was very beautiful it had been a long time since he considered any woman such.

“Hello Me Lady”he said bowing his head slightly his red eyes glinting lightly she turned and looked at him regarding him. The two spoke at length he used his magic and summoned a rose and handed it to her. She called told him he had a ways with words and winked at him as she walked up the stairs. As she entered she told him her name it was Canessa and he thought she was the most radiant woman he had met since Liandra.

aranor was looking over some notes under the shade of the tree in the park,his red eyes scanned over the pages of notes as he rubes his chin.His beard had grown in well but he kept it well trimmed and styled-

Canessa was taking one of her usual strolls through Reladia. She stopped and looked to the familiar man before greeting him.

He smiled closing his book lightly as he slipped it inside his robe."Well what brings such a radiant goddess out and about on this day"~he said standing up as he bowed slightly taken her hand to kiss her knuckles lightly-

She smiled at the man's way of greeting her. "Taking walks helps calm me. Much to do, many things on my mind. What are you doing here?"

~he nods lightly-"I enjoy taking int the sights of redalia the nature here is beautiful,it helps me think while i look over notes from my magic.How is your daughter doing i beleive you mentioned her when we first met"

"She's well. Taking a nap at home. I need to take any reprieve I can from her, when it is afforded. Raising a child alone is tough..."

~smiles softly~"Your a very strong woman indeed to bear such.But i know with such purity in you that shes a wonderfull pure nuian girl and takes after her mother well"~he sits down motioning a hand to offer her a seat next to him~"what happened to your husband or lover?"

: She took a seat beside the man, resting her hands on her knees. "Im a widow. I married an older man...much older. He passed after our wedding night..."

-he nods thoughtgull-"I am sorry for your loss,But glad that your doing well.Your sisters have told me to be carefull around you and behae myself in your presence"~he chuckles lightly-"Your family cares for you greatly"

"My sisters...?"

"WEll sister in laws the one who seems to like the lesser races Aelyia and Sersei who strikes me as a calm collected and quiet woman yet holds a unspoken power about her"

"Ah, you've had conversations with Aelyia? How did that go? Sersei and I had a rocky start but I've grown to adore her."

chuckles~"When she told me to behve i todl her waht am i some commoner or raunchy elf,that invoked a reply of how im a nuian stuck in the past and she walked away"~he said smirking lightly as he looked up whispering softly as he held out his hand as a cherry blossom gently detaches and floats down to his palm-

"So it seems you two did not hit it off very well." She smirked. "Which is surprising, Aelyia is very liked in Reladia."

~nods lightly~"I gathered that fromt he elven couple that lives behind her."~he says as he goes to slip the blossom into her hair~"Theres only one woman opnion i care about so far and i havnt hear dill form her as of yet"

"Only one? So far?" She asked, tucking her Raven locks behind an ear.

~shrugs nodding~"Only one and not so far i couldnt care for the speaking of those of non pure blood and not of a stance of our races supremecy if they choose to mingle and cavort with elfs and such thats their fallign from grace.I smile nad be polite while looking at them disguested"

She nods before looking back to the trees. "It's hard for me as well. So many elves...it was a reason I was so against our village joining the Confederacy. They seem so...unmotivated to achieve greatness."

~nods~"I ahve to agree with you on that they are stuck in thier ways and all about aranzeb this aranzeb that,we dont need anything were so great."-he sighs lightly-"But thats the way they are. I wanted to ask you somthing me lady"

"feel free, sir. I'm an open book, mostly."

~he nods softly~"well iwth you not with anyone i was wondering if you would do me the honor of acompanying me out one night on a more romantic ever?"~he says firmly looking at her his red eyes curious-

"Oh my." She smiles. "Who said i wasn't with anyone?"

~smiels softly~"WEll you had said your husband has past and you have said your a single parent and your choice of wording does it make it seem liek your taken by anyone"

She crosses her legs and lens against the bench. "Well well, a man that listens. As for accompanying you, i can make no promises in regards to things being romantic. A matriarch cannot do eh...causal meetings. Let me speak to my brother about it?"

~nods~"I expected as much Toxa is his name i believe quiet a nice gentelman i met him on my first days in the land I wouldnt want to get in the way of family one must watch out and keep eachother close and safe in that aspect"

"I appreciate the understanding. My brother and I speak about everything."

~nods lightly~"A famly that is close that is always good escpialy with siblings,I miss having that. But tell me what is it you do i knwo your Matriach but what is it that you like to do besides such me lady"

"Hmm. Good question." She says, tapping her chin. "I'm a lady of leisure; really. I don't work...but I enjoy writing, I love my flowers." She says, motioning to her home. "They help the days go by. I also advise my brother on village happenings and his time with the confederacy council."

~he nods smiling making a few mental notes as she speaks-"all very good things so your a advisor and likes Floriculture. Makes sense for a strong woman to advise who is also as beautiful and radiant as the flowers she tends to"

"You're quite the charmer. How many little ones do you have running around?"

"I have none I grew up in one of the Sorcery Academys in Crescent throne we were kept very busy.And the lack of woman who are still pure in nuian blood has diminished greatly."~he chuckles~"a requirement of my fmaily that ten generations of records be provided if anyone gets tot he poing of marriage"

: "What do you consider to be pure in Nuian blood?"

[ "No elvish blood in the families lineage, harniain is tolereated as physology wise they are on the same basis as we are but no firrian either"~he says lightly~

"Very true. Are there that many families with elvish taint?"

: ~shrugs~"it seems in recent years its all the craze for a nuian and elf to be together"~shakes his head~"My family has always been strict on cultivating and bloodlines to bear the best and brightest they will say"

Later that day.

Aranor knelt down running his fingers threw the dirt letting it fall between his fingers lightly and slowly. The soil was rich here good for anything one wanted to do,he looked up looking out off into the harbor of carenord.The ocean beat down upon the cliffs below him sending up a cool spray onto the wind he closed his eyes as he let it wash over him.His silence was broken as a pair of men came forward dragging a man between them. His head was covered in a grain sack and his wrists were bound.He muttered a small spell as he touched his throat lightly to alter his voice subtly.

“There were no complication no one saw you take im or has any idea he is gone?”Aranor said looking out over the ocean.

“None Me Lord his family thinks him to be on his way to deal business across the sea,they wont come looking for him for more than a week at least” the female replied lightly Aranor nodded as stood up walking over to a chair sitting in it facing away from the man.

“Than go ahead and wake him up then the sooner we get this done the sooner we can get this ordeal over with.”he said as he picked up a glass of cherry wine taking a sip. The woman nodded and picked up stool and sat the man down in it roughly. The other woman grabbed a bucket of water and threw it onto the man who sputtered. The sack darted back and forth.

“Who what where am I i’ll have you know I am a Lord”the man started to ramble as Aranor lifted his hand and one of the woman balled her fist and punched the man full in the face.

“Yes I am quite well aware of who you are, you are Quin Lord of Harnya owner of the holdings that i am interested in.You have a wife and two wonderful children if i recall the son is soon to be married. Ladies if you will make the Lord more comfortable please so he can conduct his business.”Aranor said with a light casual grace as he sipped his wine,one of the woman walked up and cut the bonds around the man's wrist as the other yanked off the sack over his head.

“What is it you want and who… who are you”He asked rubbing his wrists as his eyes adjusted seeing nothing but the chair back and a table with wine set upon it the fear built up in his chest.

“Alls you need to know is you can call me the phoenix and as to what i want.”he set down the wine and waved his hand. A crat was set before the man along with a pot of ink quill, and then a sheaf of paper.

“Before is the deed to a Elvish lords lands you will sign over the lands to me, and declare me full holder of them. You will relinquish all claim to them and all payment of taxes will cease to flow.Do this and you and your family will be very well to continue your lives. Do not well they don't expect you back for a week.” Aranor finshed

The Haranian shook as he picked up the quill and looked down at the parchment and sighed with resignation at his situation and scrawled name with elaborate flourish.

“There you have what you want,now keep your end of the bargain” The man spat at him as Aranor smirked watching the sunset.

“But of course Ladies will you see that Lord Quin sees to the boat he happened to miss,oh and see the papers taken to the local office for final publication thank you”He waved his hand as the woman nodded rolling up the papers and placing them in a messenger tube. Before grabbing Quin by the arms and dragging him away as he shouted curses at Aranor.From the shadows of a nearby house stepped a Nuian woman she was clad in close fitting black leather various knives covered her. As red phoenix was stitched upon her collar a red mask elegantly wrought of metal to look like a raven covered her face. Fierce blue eyes shone from them as red hair tumbled down across her shoulders.

“The point of that was what Me Lord we could of just arranged to kill him and taken his lands forcibly he is after all Harnian scum”She spat out with venom as Aranor chuckled lightly standing up.

“Because my dear Sirrea this is the great game, and Fear serves one better in the back room dealings than anything else.Besides this allows us to establish a front for our dealings and gives me holdings to better establish myself” he said lightly as Sirrea shook her head.

“This new woman clouds your judgment you were much better in the Nuian Intelligence without a woman clouding your thoughts. But I will see the Golden Dragons finalizing and being built Me Lord” She said turning and walking away in a show Aranor smiled softly to himself as he lifted his glass to the sky before tossing it over the cliffs edge into the sea below.

“You wouldn't understand Sirrea a family is more important than all this for wealth and power all fade in time but having those you love around you and to grow old with never fades”He said softly as he walked away back towards the beach to the ship that awaited him.