Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[ancient nordic colony] Staadnau

d_fry

Lord of Altera
{a sign lays nailed to the merry mead tavern, it reads....

Be ye of northern blood, or born in battles cold and hard? then there is a place for you with our company. The chief of the Nordic clan Snowhawk hath led an expedition back into the northern wild hills. We have conquered bandits and wild beast to find the lost ancient city of Staadnau. We seek to preserve the ancient mountain nord culture. All Nordic kin will be welcomed home. Dagur Snowhawk, our chief, needs strong able bodied warriors and colonists to strengthen the colony. There is an open position for a head warrior unmatched in his skill. that person will be showered in riches and given the finest home, Cliff side manor. one may ride by horse from Stormhold stables to reach the city. here be the rates:

colonist: a good home for 500r
nordic colonist: free housing
warrior: free room and board within keep or guard barrack, can also have a house.

other accommodations can be made for business or other, see Dagur Snowhawk (d_fry)}

Staadnau is a town made to focus on and build on the Nordic lore and RP. The architecture and back stories are a very unique mix of native American, Nordic, and Celtic culture, with a splash of skyrim.
The town is still small in plot number but the scenic mountain high hills location allows plenty of building both underground and into the mountain. Non northern characters are welcome, however i would encourage taking advantage of the free housing to make a secondary character for Nordic RP.We are planing to add adventure dungeons soon.
The location is very scenic and out of the way, and is a great place to have a getaway house for your character. To get there: Port Silver/Storm Hold Boat -> Storm Hold Dock -> Storm Hold Stables -> Staadnau.

i will post a list of current builds, places, and projects in Staadnau as well as some pertinent RP.
here is the application.

1 Minecraft user name ________
2 RP name________________
3 House? (if any)____________
4 Current home_____________
5 RP race_________________
6 any specialties____________
7 desired Role______________

feel free to tell me anything else you want. if you ever see me online just let me know and i can RP/show you the town.

d_fry

Lord of Altera
The basis and rumors of the lost nordic culture (written as a field guide)

The human race first appeared in Altera where our records begin. These people were nomadic and spread all over altera. Some spread into the northern hills and tundra and built the Nordic culture. They held a system of decentralized government, each clan an tribe did what was best for it's people. Only their religion held the clans together. Their god system is similar to ours, several stronger gods form the pillar of religion. they believed in a field of lesser spirits that effected everything in nature and state of mind. there would be spirits of the hunt or the harvest, anger or joy. these were not considered very powerful but simply a force in a region beyond Altera. At this civilization's height many of the temples and barrows that now dot the tundra in ruin were built. However their unifying religion would take a turn. Most historians agree that their was a change but the split has birthed myriad tales and rumors. The clan Snowhawk, which served as the home of the Nordic priest hood until several decades ago, explained it this way;

....our spirits grew their power from the land around us. for centuries they had only us and themselves. they grew stronger with each stone we carved and every step we took. However other gods were entering the land. elves and men of other beliefs grew northward. even the dwarves grew cities out of their mountain halls. Our spirits knew they could not overcome such powerful entities on their plane so they came to ours. the formed themselves bodies called dragons and continued to rule over us for a time....

Historians are unsure if there is fact to their claim. Dragons have been found to exist but primarily as spawned servants of grief or creatures summoned by powerful necromancy or magic. We do not know where these wise dragons are and if they ever existed. Some believed they hide within the mountains others claimed that they grew greedy and were slain by their people. whether fiction or fact, the Nordic religion would never be the same. Some clans forgot their religion and focused on military power. several small wars left fewer and more separated clans. some simply altered their religion for their own purposes while others stayed faithful. this created even more rifts between clans. when connection with the outside Altera was made clans and tribes began to die out. some sold their land to miners and moved into cities others simply were dissolved into other houses or kingdoms. eventually only a handful of small villages remained. the last of these were lost around 50 years ago, their children moved away, and the family lines were either ended or blurred with non northerners. now the few lay scattered, after countless wars and disasters only a few elders remember their childhood in these nordic villages. their culture is not all dead however, a journey to Storm Hold shows how some northern traditions live on but the stories of dragons, clan battles, and sinning have almost all washed away in the north wind.

d_fry

Lord of Altera
Can a staff please add Staadnau after the title [], i was in a rush since i accidentally deleted this the first time i was typing it.

Conan

Loyal Servant of Altera
Like it, but I also hate the title since some of the first letters of words aren't upper case :-: