Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

AnElonMusketeer's Whitelist App [Approved - Dee]

-Introduction-

Minecraft Username:
AnElonMusketeer

IRL Age: 19

Country & Timezone: USA (EST)

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

In your own words, describe metagaming and powergaming: Any use of knowledge the player has but not the player character to impact the story or roleplay.

Xray mods or texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: I'm a big time D&D nerd, I mostly GM my games, so I'm deep into the bowels of content creation for TTRPGs. I like making stories, and I like making and reading worlds.

Referral: I googled "mc servers with brewery plugin" and saw this server. It's drastically different from a normal mc server, and I'm excited to delve into it.

Character

Character Name:
Gavus Browngut

Race: Dwarf

Appearance: Gavus Browngut is stout, even for a dwarf. He wears light clothing, fit for travelling, but still not sacrificing style. He's a man of some means, having come into some quantity of coin in his 50's. (This coin is gone, having been put into a personal investment, and will not impact gameplay or RP.)
He sports a handlebar moustache and mutton chops made of fine, full, brown hair. His face is bright, usually adorned with a cheerful grin, that is, when his mouth is actually closed; Gavus enjoys a good conversation, and his family commonly joke of him actually being a halfling, on account of his cheerful, hospitable demeanor and short stature.

Picture of the Skin:

1671161723970.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Written Test! (Heads up, this is a story about a social outcast with some possible LGBT allegory, sorry if it isn't "original." It's the character and story I wanted to make.)

Gravus didn't much care for mining. He didn't care for sweating in the heat of the forge either, much to the chagrin of his father, Gorlus, the town blacksmith. Growing up, Gravus lived in a small village a couple kb away from Storm's Landing, in a wood. Rather than spending time apprenticing with his father, he'd go out into the woods, finding all manner of herbs, fruits and mushrooms, bundling them up in his tunic, running home as fast as his little dwarf legs could take him, and making some new culinary experiment with them. He was smaller than most of the other kids, and he was by all juvenile measures a prime target for bullying, he was by no means an outcast, nor was he bullied. He'd wow the children with stories real and make believe, surprise them with "artifacts" found from a nearby cave, and befriended almost every child in the village with his friendly demeanor and listening ear; his ear being a trait which came in especially handy during the dwarven teenage years.

Though he had the adoration of the village, it was his father who he could never quite get approval from. For years his father would pressure Gravus into blacksmithing, mining, the worship of Korog, and other things all proper dwarven men should do. But those things just weren't Gravus. He always felt more of a connection with Sallana, with love, passion, the full and fine things in life. He dreamed of opening a tavern of sorts, somewhere where people could go to unwind, to have a shoulder to lean on, somewhere everybody knows your name, all with a cup of wine in hand. But his father again spat on his dreams. Saying "wine is a stuck up, pansy drink for stuck up, pansy people, now go refill the quenching bucket!"

So for his childhood this is how Gravus lived. Loved by all but the one person he wanted the approval of so badly, but continually never measuring up. Always missing the mark.
That is, until Gravus was 23. It was a month after his 23rd birthday when his father fell terribly ill. He grew weak and pale, becoming bedridden for most of the day. Gravus' family feared the worst, all signs pointed to death. Gravus' family feared death, but not Gravus. Not out of hatred, but because Gravus knew he could cure his father. You see, Gravus had befriended the village apothecary in his woodland escapades, he went out, collection herbs and things for meals, while also getting a bundle of herbs and things for cures and poultices. So over the years Gravus had become something of an apprentice, and he knew there was just a cure for this ailment. All he had was a severe lack of certain nutrients, and all he needed to do was whip up a meal with a particular wine from a fruit grown in the north of the Eastern Kingdoms. Gravus didn't have this wine, so he naturally went on a quest. But not one with a sword on his belt, horses and armor, but one of bartering. He went around the village, searching for this wine, and it just so happened Barolk, the local tavernkeep had one in reserve, but wasn't willing to part with it for just anything. He needed a thick, good jacket for winter,
So Gravus went to the tailor, and she had a good thick jacket, but wanted a particular quill from a cartographer in return.
So Gravus went to the cartographer, and she had this particular quill, but wanted a chair with lumbar support
So Gravus went to the carpenter, who had just made a chair with this in mind, but wanted a new hammer in return, as the carpenter had broken their hammer making the chair.
So Gravus went to the blacksmith. Lying in bed, sick, his father lit up when he asked for a hammer, thinking maybe he was finally taking an interest in smithing.
Nope, Gravus took the hammer to the carpenter, then the chair to the cartographer, then the quill to the tailer, and finally, the jacket to the tavernkeep. And he had it, the wine.

Rushing home, he made a meal fit for a king, using ingredients fresh from the market and forest, served with the special wine.
Gorlus ate the meal, and quickly rose to his feet, having all the energy in the world.

And from that day forward, Gorlus never again doubted Gravus, and begain to appreciate his son for the man he is.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Don't worry about the allegory being critiqued--it's important to be confident in your work! And it looks good to me. I liked the prose at the end especially.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!

The King's Law

How to Create a Character

Roleplay

The Official Lore

Town Census

HollowCrafting - Our Custom Crafting Plugin!

Plugins Command Guide

Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }

..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!

• If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.