Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

AntiVirus7's Application [Accepted - Jase]

AntiVirus

Villager
AntiVirus7
AntiVirus7
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

AntiVirus7

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Powergaming is when a person phrases their attacks in a way that doesn’t let the other person deflect the attack.
Metagaming is when a character knows something the person knows but it hasn’t been explained to the characters.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I go by AntiVirus but most people call me Anti for short. I'm a hobbyist drawer with a love for sandbox/roleplay games, horror games, and Nintendo games as well as board games like D&D and Pathfinder. I'm also a fan of all things animated, including Western cartoons and anime. The main reason that I wanted to join this place in the first place was because I wanted a place where I could RP and simultaneously build locations my character could live/work in. Plus I have a very small friend group and none of them are really interested in RPing or Minecraft.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Yes, I have one. I'm planning on studying studio art in college so I'm hoping the money and effort I'll put into my classes will make my work better in the end. The one I submitted is a character I made named Mono. She's like what the cool kids like to call a "persona." It's my favorite work of art to show others.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, I went on a gigantic search for a cool creative RP server because the thought of making my own locations without being restricted to a giant walled-in plot excited me. Plus I'm a sucker for all things medieval fantasy. This is actually my first time joining an official Minecraft server like this and it's honestly a lot of fun.

About Your Character!

Character Name
:
Melvus Dreadmantle

Character Age:

Character Race:
Moor Elf

Appearance:
6'2", 136 lbs, lanky, medium gray skin, deep violet eyes, shoulder-length hair with straight bangs that cover her eyes, pointy nose and a slim face

Written Test!
It was that time of day once again. Melvus’s internal alarm clock usually woke her up around ten in the morning where she would roll out of her dusty, unmade bed and throw on her clothes, usually consisting of baggy burlap pants that puffed out at the rim of her black, thigh-high boots and a white, long-sleeve shirt with sleeves rolled up to her elbows The shirt disappeared behind a pure black, yeast-covered apron. Some days she would even have the decency to comb her hair and bathe herself if she was feeling especially generous.

She didn’t feel like she had anything to prove since her delicate hands found a way to weave and bend the dough to her will until it fulfilled her desires and allowed itself to be thrown into a stone oven where it would stay for an hour or two, depending on what she was baking. Her bread was soft, moist, and airy just as bread should be- a secret family recipe passed down through her family tree for generations. The only stipulation was that each member who inherited the recipe had to change something in it so that it would taste different every time it was inherited by someone new. Melvus, captivated by the succulent scent of freshly-baked dough from a young age, decided to add an extra pinch of yeast so that it was extra fluffy, just the way she liked it.

Her bakery was out in the middle of nowhere, so someone either had to know where it was or be hopelessly lost in order to find it. If they were expecting a plump, friendly, motherly woman ready to fill them up with love and joy, they would probably cry as soon as they saw Melvus sitting at the front desk with her boots on the counter and her dagger being sharpened in her hands as she waited for her bread to bake. Just looking at her gave off a cold, unfriendly feeling, contrary to her warm and comforting choice of occupation.

“Do you need somethin’ or are you just gonna stand there and let bugs in?” she’d always ask, immediately snapping the surprised and slightly terrified traveller out of his shock. Then, she’d look up from her knife sharpening and gesture to a chair near the entrance where the poor soul could take residence until he found the courage to order something instead of just wasting her time by eating flies with his agape mouth. The scent of the bread was always extremely noticeable through the rusted iron door that lead into the kitchen, so it was certain the person was in a bakery and didn’t just mistake the sign for a really large larva.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey Anti!
Thank you for your application to Hollowworld! Unfortunately, there are a few small things which I am going to need you to take a look at before I can whitelist you.
  • You need to have separate metagaming and powergaming definitions.
Let me know when you have made the appropriate changes by replying to this thread.

AntiVirus

Villager
AntiVirus7
AntiVirus7
Hey Anti!
Thank you for your application to Hollowworld! Unfortunately, there are a few small things which I am going to need you to take a look at before I can whitelist you.
  • You need to have separate metagaming and powergaming definitions.
Let me know when you have made the appropriate changes by replying to this thread.
Thank you for reading through my post! Sorry for the misunderstanding, I fixed it so that both definitions are shown now.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Close! Please take a look [here] in regards to your powergaming definition again though and update it here. Let me know when you have done this.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
It's no trouble at all! :)

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Last edited: