Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Application [Approved - IceandFire]

LobstirFry

Villager
Minecraft Username: LobstirFry

Country & Timezone: PST

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?: Metagaming: use of knowledge the player has but the character does not Powergaming: make yourself overpowered

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: I'm interested in lore of all kinds. I like reading and gaming as well. Minecraft has been my favorite game for as long as I can remember. I am a fairly nice person and am civil. I like having fun. I like referencing Dark Souls, which is essentially what my character is.

Referral: My friend, I don't know how he found it

{Character Section}
Character Name: Artorias

Race: Silver Elf

Appearance: A knight with a wolf-like mask. Has occasional blue cloth accessories. His face and the rest of his body are not visible.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: Attach on the thread

Written Test (Min: 400 words): | Artorias Awakes |

For the first time in 100 years, Artorias was awake. Not that he had been sleeping, anyway. He had been locked away in his mind, a prisoner within his very being, forced to watch as the darkness that controlled him lay ruin to the surrounding lands.

But now he was free.

Free to do what? It had been decades since he last wielded a sword. The royalty he had once served were long dead. He had nowhere to go. He didn't even recognize the surrounding countryside. He had taken his life back, but did he even want it back?

His memories painted a life that spoke of nothing but battle and anguish. His low birth, rise to prominence, and service to royalty were all thanks to his ability to wield a blade. But those skills were gone, and he knew it. It would take time to relearn and retrain his skills, even if he wanted to. Perhaps he should pursue some other skills, maybe even learn some magic.

And with that thought, his mind was immediately drawn to how magic could aid his ability to fight. It always came back to fighting.

But did he even want to fight?

No, he didn't. He never wanted to fight. Nobody does. Artorias had been given no choice. It was either fight or remain insignificant. That's how it always was. That's how it always will be.

And so Artorias had decided. He would fight. He would fight for a place in this new world.

A world that was utterly alien, Artorias realized. Although he recognized he was in new territory immediately, he hadn't realized how different it felt. It was as if the very magic in the air was different. Taking a look around, he saw volcanoes and snow to the north and a desert to the south. In his immediate vicinity were rolling plains with forests breaking the monotony. It was peaceful, free from the ruin and decay that plagued his old world.

But not for long. Artorias had danced with fate long enough to know when its icy hand was drawing near. The air was filled with some sort of tension, as if the very world was ready to tear itself apart.

Artorias looked at the setting sun, wondering if the night in this realm was anything like the one he knew. If it was, death might descend upon him mere hours after regaining his life. If not, he would live for another day.

Only time would tell.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Hi there! Thank you for your application.

Can you expand a little bit on what you mean by "locked away in his mind"? Are you referring simply to a mental state, or something otherwise? As for the story, it is quite lovely but please make sure that it fits within our lore and setting. Currently, new characters cannot begin out with any skills and/or things that do not fit in our world. I would also love to see a picture of your skin.

I so appreciate it, and let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I am here to help!

LobstirFry

Villager
Hi there! Thank you for your application.

Can you expand a little bit on what you mean by "locked away in his mind"? Are you referring simply to a mental state, or something otherwise? As for the story, it is quite lovely but please make sure that it fits within our lore and setting. Currently, new characters cannot begin out with any skills and/or things that do not fit in our world. I would also love to see a picture of your skin.

I so appreciate it, and let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I am here to help!

I'm glad you like the story! Sorry for not clarifying things.

-He no longer has any skills

-His mental state has vastly deteriorated, and he has only recently gained his sanity. He could essentially view what he was doing but had no control over it

-I will attach a picture of the skin with this reply

Attachments

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Thank you for this! Just to be clear, armor in game needs to be acquired in game. Is it possible for you to adjust the skin once in game to a "base" skin? As for the mental state, such is fine as long as it does not alter the future. The backstory is more of a "beginning" point for a character.

Lastly, would you just mind expanding a bit more on the powergaming definition you gave? Specifically how it works in relation to other players.

LobstirFry

Villager
Sorry for being vague on the powergaming definition:

Writing a character to be overpowered. For example, giving your character a one-shot ability.

I got a new skin as requested as well.

Also, just as a mention, after reading up on the lore of the silver elves again, I'm changing Artorias's age to 177, to line up with the other elves.

Attachments

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.