Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon Articles of Illiteracy

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
The journal of Jaxon Veileth-Dormus, up until he forgot how to write and read.

Character Profile: [Click Here]

---===---

Entries Below - (If they get too scattered I'll link 'em up)

Michcat

help ive been so bored

Elz blargtheawesome Scardrac Lannis Arken Joseph12Q (you were interested in Jaxon as a character) Charybdis (read my shit u pleb)
-----

Prelude to the Tale, from Jaxon's perspective:

After the injury to his head and spine, Nylarii made certain Jaxon was tended to the best she could with the help of Nwalme. Once recovered enough, he was told he'd be going to stay with his grandparents for a while on a farmstead not too far from Thiil. His Mother thought it best for him to get away from the current environment at home, mainly blaming herself and her inability to care for either of her children properly with the aftermath of Drachen's death. Her parents were overjoyed to be able to help thier Grandson, and they were assured in time she'd bring their Grand-daughter to stay with Jax as well.
Upon arriving in Havarda, Nylarii's parents took Jaxon and a handful of his things - He didn't really care at this point. He made sure to leave his carved figurines near Evelyn's cot before he left, though. Other than his sister, he was miserable, lonely - despite the people around him. He hated them, they didn't let him stay when he promised he would. He didn't want to leave, at first, but... His Mother assured him it'd be alright. That she'd visit. That it wouldn't be long, and when they see another she'll be happy again, and so will he. He didn't know if he believed her. But he went anyway, a very troubled boy reeling from very troubling times.

Entry One

So I gett a journal thinge for my birth-day. I am 13. Dunno whatt to write, so I'll just write what happened before my birth-day? It's a bit sad, and writing is real real real real boring. Maybe I'll burn it after I write. I don't care. Kim would be sad thouh.

Entry Two

The first few weeks sucked. Or a month? Probably a month. Ma's parents were all happy and stupid all the time, and I hated it. I have an Uncle too, Kimarill - Ma's brother, but he ain't so bad. Anyway, they tried making me do work on the farm. Gods, I was so horrible to them. I swore and shouted at them when they tried, and Grandmama ran off at some point because she got so sad. They didnt understand, they didnt know. Not about what Ma and Pa and Undertow did. What stupid fat Nwalme did. Not about what we all did, before Pa died. They tried asking me about him and I wanted to throw my whittling knife at the wall they got me so riled. I didnt like talking about him. So I don't.
Eventually I said I'd help. I got so damn bored and I tried telling them it was for me, not them, and that I didnt even care if their stupid crops failed or not. And I'd take a sickle - Grandpa said Ma used to use one. But she daydreamed and cut herself a few times, and wasn't very good at it. So I should try to be better than her, so she can be proud of me when she came to get me. I didn't think she would. Didnt think she wanted me. I don't know why I thought that, now. I guess I'm older and I've had more time to think about stuff. I wish I knew what Pa did, when he was a kid like me. I could of asked my other Grandpa, Scardrac, but he didn't turn out to be who I thought either. Killed Ma, heard Aewin and that lot talking about it. They all thought I didn't even know, probably think I still don't. Whatever. Aint seem him in years now, maybe he died too. I hope he did.
I got real angry with Ma, she didn't come to see me, or get me, for months. When she finally arrived, she was all thin and sad and she'd lied again. Wasn't happy like she said she'd be. She gave me a hug but I didnt hug her back, and then she cried. Only made me more angry, so I went to my room. Heard her crying to her own Ma, and I didnt know what to think. I cried sometimes too but I hated it. Didnt like crying, especially crying in front of other folk. She stayed the night but hardly ate breakfast, gave me a bag of new clothes and things, and she was gone again. I didnt say bye. I wouldn't care if they was dead. New clothes don't fix what gone wrong.

Entry Three

Hello Journal, looks like I didn't burn this thing after all. I forgot about it instead. Now I read over it again, I really want to burn it, but I think I'll keep it anyway. I didn't feel so good back then. Maybe it'll be good to look back in a few more years and see if I still feel like that. It's my 14th birthday today - I only really remembered this when Marill gave me another damn journal. Oh, that's his name now. I said Kim was too girly. He laughed at me. He moved out a few months ago cause he's got a wife now. I said he was probably the wife. Can't grow a beard or anything. He kinda looks like a girl and its weird.
So, where do I start? It's been a long year. But it's been a long day, too. I'll start with that.
Ma was here this morning, must've gotten here real early for me to wake up to breakfast with her. She looks a bit better, now, but not like she used to when she was with Pa. She's visited a few times, and not once has she had her jacket on. Makes me wonder where I've stashed mine, it's in here somewhere. I'll look later. Anyway - She said Kidd's gone off to the North. I didn't say anything, but I knew already. She told me a month back, but she stunk of rum or something so she probably forgot. She don't smell of it today, but she's got a bit of a shake to her hands. Grandpa looked concerned. He gets all worrying about her when he thinking I don't hear.
What else? Oh, she said Evelyn's doing well. Said she really likes her figures. Took me a minute, but then I remembered. The cats and birds and things I whittled, yeah. Still have that knife, I really like it. Even if it was Nwalme who gave it to me, kinda glad he did. Taught me something new that Evelyn likes, and I think this next year I'm gonna try get better at it too. Send something better to Evelyn, or make her a cot with Grandpa for when she comes here. Ma said she wants to bring her, but not yet. Not old enough. Maybe she be too old for a co when she gets here then? Because Evelyn is three. I don't know if I gonna be her brother anymore, because they kept me from her. Because of him. I don't know a lotta things. I don't know why Pa and Ma and all of them did what they did. I wanna talk to thim so bad but them people you care so much just go away so fast.
Why didn't he want me?

Michcat

Entry Four

Suh Ma gave me another bag of stuff, then said I've grown a bit since she saw me last. Told her that's cause she never sees me. Couldnt' help it, just came out, and her face dropped and then she got sad again. I left the table, did my chores, cause my mind aint thinking when its gotta be working. But I said goodbye before she left, that I was sorry. I think she misses Pa as much as I do. Course she does. I think she heard me sorry. I hope she did.
Started writing this after she'd gone, and I can hear Grandpa and Grandmama talking. Shouting really, but I'm trying not to listen. Marill left with her, they'll probably go talk in private and stuff. Brother-Sister stuff. I don't know what to really talk about. I just do farm stuff, its kinda normal now. And Grandpa's teaching me how to do repairs and stuff, sometimes I get to go to Thiil and sell things and whatever. I tried buying a drink the other day in their tavern and they wouldn't let me have any. Maybe in a few months they won't care. Some girl tries selling me apples when I go there and I just ignore her. She's stupid. On that note, I'm gonna go sleep. Writing is boring.

Entry Five

I cut myself on the scythe. It was a kinda accident and now Grandmama says I gonna get a cool scar on my arm. Gonna say I got it fighting a demon. Grandpa saw the blood and the stuff and he just got scared. I never seen Grandpa scared before. Was Pa ever scared? I wonder if Pa was scared when he was dying.
They had the Preest come in and put stones on me and say sum real big words. Grandpa says it'll stop me from dying. They gonna take me to the alkemis tomorrow and then I gotta do extra work to pay for the fixing drink. Kimarill and Varana going to visit tomorrow too.

Entry Six

Varana says you spell it wrong. Its P R I E S T and A L C H E M I S T.

Entry Seven

It's my 15th year, now. Figured I'd rummage around and find this old thing, turns out it's got... Just about enough pages for a third entry. I've got a few journals, for some reason people like to buy them for my birthdays, as if I do enough shit that I'd be able to fill them all. Besides, this one's nice. It's the first one I got, and I'm sure there's some kinda importance there.
Marill's gone and got his wife pregnant, brought her over for tea and cake a week ago. Tea and cake. Gramps snorted at him, so did I. She's an alright woman I guess, kinda short and never stops smiling. Proper, that's the word. I saw her staring around the house though, don't think I didn't notice Varana. I did. I just stared at her for a while, and then me, Marill and Gramps just went to leave the 'ladies' to do their thing. Was Ma like that? Dunno. Maybe I'll ask. Only just thought about it, actually, and I won't see her for another month. Piss.
Evelyn's here now too, maybe I shoulda said something sooner in here? Ah well. I think I'm gonna give this to her, one day, when she can read proper and not be tempted to draw all over paper. She keeps trying to talk to me, 'Axe, Axe' she says. I'm trying to teach her its with a damn JAY, but she's not catching it yet. Maybe she just likes my reaction? Probably. I love her, though. I've made most of her toys and she's always happy with them. She plays with my ears when I carry her about, like she doesn't know why hers aren't like it. Grandma says she's too young to understand, so whatever.
She turned three like four months back, Ma came and stuff. More cake, but Evelyn smacked her hand into it. Bang, right in the middle. It was great. She's nice and happy, and everyone's glad to be about her. I am, too. I wish she'd came here sooner, but I do like that I've been here to help her walk and stuff. Do I say that a lot? Stuff? Probably.
Ma said Evelyn stayed with Nwalme for a while, before she came here. Didn't say what she did on her own, or why she took Evelyn there instead of here. Evelyn aint supposed to be with HIM, she supposed to be with us... Nether, the day she brought her here she was in a state anyway. I'm still real sad about Pa, don't think I'll ever not be, but Ma just got worse and worse these past months. Today though, today she wasn't like that. She smiled a lot and she stayed for a few days, instead of just one. Stayed in my room with Evelyn and I, it was nice. Asked me about the stuff I've done, after Evelyn's cot, and I gave her this cat figure. I spent days on the damn thing, probably a week, and put all the marks in for the fur and it's face. It was just some barn cat we've taken in, but she was so proud she coulda cried, though didn't. Good. Evelyn four now and I'm glad I made the cot extra big.
Showed me this tattoo on her back, it's got some snake thing around a coin. Or a wheel. It's a coin, though, and I said it looked good. Maybe I'll get one, some day? I'll think about it. I wonder where you gettin tattoos?
Ma tells me she's been training with Aewin and stuff now, too. She does look better I guess, but she said she doesn't know when to bring me home. I said this was my home now, and she just got sad again. I told her I offered the apple seller a kiss instead of a coin for her wares though, and that changed the mood. She laughed a lot, and gave me a hug. I don't even care about the apple seller I just wanted to try see if it worked. She shouted at me and ran off to tell her Pa, but I didn't tell Ma that bit. Now Ma's gone, but Evelyn's whining again so I'll stop writing. Good job too, last page.

Michcat

Entry Eight

Hello New Journal. Kimarill gotta stop getting these.

Entry Nine

I'm fifteen and two seasons, and I know that 'cause I counted all the times and watched the leaves real close and now its been six months, which is half a year. Varana told me. Now she got a real tiny baby with her, and she spends more time here then she spending time with Kimarill. Grandmama likes it a lot thoh. I think Evelyn don't like the competition but she always gonna be my sister.
Was Evelyn that small when she got born? She says she weren't, but I don't think she'd remember that. She got Ma's way of joking.

Entry Ten

Varana says it spelled T H O U G H. She says Pa and Ma taught me writing stuff well though. I gotta practice I guess. She also says that you can make writing like yelling if you do !!!

Entry Eleven

I'm a grown man now. Grandmama keeps pointing out the girls aged like me, she says I'm gonna have a tiny baby too. Grandpa had me make my own tools over the last couple months. Its real busy and tough but I like it. There is one problem though, the big problem is my head keeps wandering lots and I don't like it. I can do the workin and woodcarvin' but my head gets all thinky and my hands just do the thing. I keep thinking about Pa and Ma. I want it to stop. I just want it all to stop.
HAPPY FIFTH BIRTHDAY EVELYN

Entry Twelve

Today I am seven-and-ten and I am writing this in my own house. Grandpa teached me to built it. Evelyn stays in the big one with Grandmama, but they says when I get a wife, I'm gonna have her in this little house with me. Its a nice house. Varana and Kimarill helped me hang the curtains. It got one big room but they say I gotta make it bigger later. I like making things.
Evelyn wanted a rocky horse long ago so I found a big tree stump and cut it up. Its a rocky horse just recently now. She smiles so bright when she rides in, and Grandmama says she looks just exactly like Ma. I make chairs and hilts and things for Grandpa to put next to the jars of beans at the market and they make coin, which is good. Says I'm earning my keep. I dont get pricing well or good so I let them figure it out.

Entry Thirteen

Ma visited. It felt weird. She like the ghost you tell at campfire stories, gives that funny fear in your belly, except this ghost got hope with it that I don't know if I want. Grandmama had me talk to the Priest about being careful. Evelyn didn't go because she weren't old enough.
I hugged her. I smiled. I don't wanna miss her so much. All this bad stuff gets coiled up in my head like a snake and I want it to stop. I dont got no way to get the thoughts out, no way to leak the dirt in my heart.