Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Attention All Combat Characters!

The Courier

Lord of Altera
I must admit that's it's pretty hard for me to both RP and teach RP combat, not because i'm not talented at it, but simply because, as a french-born person, my knowledge of moves, tacticals and items is mostly in french, hence i sometimes fail to understand correctly what's happening in english.

I like french styled duels, because most vocab is in French already... xD
''En Garde!'' ''Parade!'' ''Riposte!''
It's okay, Quebec did nothing wrong.

Woolsey

Lord of Altera
I can at least - if necessary because I know others know more then me in the knowledge of these, I can help:

+Italian Longsword techniques
+Longbow Archery.
+Dagger techniques.
+Spear techniques.

I have a various selection of sites/videos to help me on this account.

IGN: Wulfe.

Ace19

Lord of Altera
Ign: Ace19

I've been learning and working with quite a few of the people tagged, so my best advise is to listen to their critisim.
But I can help in: Wrestling, Kickboxing, Boxing, and basic MMA

Scardrac

Felsummer
Oh lord. Okay, guys. I said this wasn't a discussion thread at the moment. It's really good that you're all sharing your techniques, but let me give out another disclaimer:

The OOC 'group' and 'classes' will translate in its own, currently undisclosed method of learning. This isn't going to be some class where people manage a class. I am going to group everyone together, and we'll go over different subjects that are either brought up, or asked. The only way to quality the server's combat integrity is to make a centralized approach of learning. That means, make one big entity that is approached to for advice and knowledge. That will be all of us, and we'll all discuss at a time. Perhaps different skype chats or forum discussion posts.

I am proud to see everyone contributing already! This helps me a lot with what I need.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Hi there, I'm trying to have a character that like, murders people. but I'm not a very knowledged combater, having like, played a pacifist for so long.

Seeing as none of my characters wield anything larger than a dagger, I'd like to learn about how to do that. furthermore, I predict myself defaulting to a close-combat style using many parts of the body other than just weapon.

it should also be mentioned that my most violent character is a caparii, who is capable of using his horns and hooves in combat. if anyone has ideas on how to fight with such natural weapons, I'd be happy to learn about that.

... I feel like I'll be improvising more often than not...

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I don't think that really qualifies as an advantage...

Horns sure make good grabbing handles, don't they? ;-)
that sort of complication is exactly why use of horns in combat could be just about as hard to master as any other weapon.
... I mean, sure someone could grab them, but that would just make it a wrestling match, and if this caparii was strong enough to consider headbutting as a viable attack, they're probably strong enough to throw you to the ground if you grab those horns. or something. I mean, if its an earthspawn grabbing horns, but like, then it's a wrestling match and like, yeah.

I need to find videos of people trying to prevent horned animals from ramming them, but that doesn't seem like something a weakling would be able to do.

and like, woe be it if the horns happen to face forward. now its a goring weapon.

Scardrac

Felsummer
that sort of complication is exactly why use of horns in combat could be just about as hard to master as any other weapon.
... I mean, sure someone could grab them, but that would just make it a wrestling match, and if this caparii was strong enough to consider headbutting as a viable attack, they're probably strong enough to throw you to the ground if you grab those horns. or something. I mean, if its an earthspawn grabbing horns, but like, then it's a wrestling match and like, yeah.

I need to find videos of people trying to prevent horned animals from ramming them, but that doesn't seem like something a weakling would be able to do.

and like, woe be it if the horns happen to face forward. now its a goring weapon.
Presumably, you watched people try and grapple large bovine-like creatures? Deer, cattle, bulls, etc? Well, There is one main thing that differs the most between Caparii and bovines. The bovines have thick, muscular necks to support their weighted horns. Their horns are thicker for their fighting reasons. The horns consist of two parts. One part keratin (outer horn) and one part bone (the live bone/marrow inside the keratin). If those bones break, it causes bleeding. Onto the main part. As for grappling a Caparii. Their necks can only be so muscular and solid to an extent. To look at a bull, and you see almost no transition from neck to main torso. On a human-like being, it is a drastic change. The force and control of a completed grapple/hold could most likely easily retain the limited strength of the human neck. Of course, it all depends on the different statistics. (The two people). I don't see the horns breaking by any bodily force, but I don't think that keeping a Caparii at bay by grabbing his horns would be too difficult of a task. Again, it differs on the people. Human necks are a fragile thing.

I will consider the Greathorns, too. They re told to have larger horns than the other gene-pool. It would be realistic that they sport larger necks to hold up their horns, but I don't think it's anything outside of the human limitations. Again, I don't know specifics, as the public lore does inform me enough.

As for hooves. From what I know, goat (Caparii) hooves are cloven. The given digits they have are almost fingerlike. They have soft innards, with a strong hard shell outside. The mass of Caparii hooves are rather large compared to other mammals, in theory. (Correct me if I am wrong). The lore says that Caparii legs are very strong. So, yes, their legs are a viable weapon in wrestling, and I would not want to get hit by a big brawny Caparii with their hooves.

Scardrac

Felsummer
I don't think that really qualifies as an advantage...

Horns sure make good grabbing handles, don't they? ;-)
The downsides of horns are that of the following:

Leverage for the enemy.
No helmets.

As for the positive things. Horns grow literally off of a skull socket. If a headbutt is given right above where the horn connects to the skull, the Caparii could come off quite unharmed, where the opponent might not fare so well to a formidable assault.

but please little dinky red horns please don't try this at home. you might get a concussion.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
The downsides of horns are that of the following:

Leverage for the enemy.
No helmets.

As for the positive things. Horns grow literally off of a skull socket. If a headbutt is given right above where the horn connects to the skull, the Caparii could come off quite unharmed, where the opponent might not fare so well to a formidable assault.

but please little dinky red horns please don't try this at home. you might get a concussion.
Specially designed helmet. That is all.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Specially designed helmet. That is all.
you would still have holes i nthe helmet so wide to pull them over the entire set of horns that it isnt worth it.

Altho I suppose you could make a helmet tat has a hinge and close then clasp it around the head. Designing it so the diameter of the holes are very close to that of the horns at the base