Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Avenger88's Application [Approved - bodejodel]

Avenger88

Villager
1. Your Minecraft username: Avenger88

2. Age: 23

3. Gender: Male

4. Country: Italy

5. Have you read the Tome of Citizenship or agree to do so before signing into Hollow World for the first time?
Yes, I've read this well-written Tome, and I obviously agree anything that is written here.

6. How do you feel about the 'roleplay' aspect of our server? Do you have any experience roleplaying?

I really LOVE roleplay, expecially Medieval-themed one. From what I read on your forum, I find that I'll feel completely comfortable in your wonderful server! I also love both the aesthetical and adventurous subsections of MC.
I have ten years experience as a D&D player and master; I also played WoW and other fantasy RPG for years. But MC is simply the best; it'll remain an evergreen forever.

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, your interests / hobbies and why you are here in 8 sentences or more.

My name is Alexander, and I study Formal Methods for Computer Science at University of Turin. My first PC was given to me when I was 6 years old; a month after I had already disassembled and reassembled it two times! I also am a part-time Math teacher, and I want to become soon a full-time researcher in the field of formal logic.
I really have a lot of hobbies; the list is really long to write, I will list only the main ones. I really love music: I play several instruments (clarinet, piano, electric bass, ecc) and sometimes I like to sing, both Classical and Metal songs. I also love the mountain: I want to live on the mountains for the rest of my life! So i love to practice several mountain sports, such as cross-country skiing, mountai-biking, climbing mountains, cross glaciers, ecc. I love to read, expecially fantasy and science fiction novels (Tolkien and Asimov). Finally, I am very intrigued by Egyptian culture; i have also some others cultural interests such as philosophy, symbolism, mysticism, ecc.
I've tried some SMP MC servers, but I've never been completely satisfied with those. Now, I really feel this is the ideal server for me - a real Medieval and Fantasy server!
8.If you have examples of your work please attached them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.

I am a redstone-addicted, and a MC composer, I'll link here a token of my work (this is a part of Johannes Brahms' Ungarischer Tanz n°5; note that I also love SteamPunk thematics, my texture pack proves it well).
I also LOVE to build castles and Medieval-themed buildings: this is a link of a castle I built months ago in a SMP server (if I found the video I made of this big castle, I'll link it in a reply later).

I am also able to build several automatic farming places for various things, such as: mushrooms, wheat, canes, cactus, and even slimes (with a not-so-simple search algorithm).

9. Is there anything else you would like to share with us?

I'll show you more of my abilities in-game; I am a tireless (and sometimes stakhanovite) warrior - builder - engineer - composer!
Oh yes, one more thing: sorry if my english is sometimes inaccurate, but I am Italian!

10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xraying, xray texture packs or mods for locating ores) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?

Yes, and I completely agree this point. I am fully aware of the rules.

11. How did you find out about our server?
I found it in the first page of mcserverlist.net; the word "HollowWorld" immediately caught my attention.

12. Have you voted for us?
Yes!

itsemiel

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
I've got nothing to say but well done! You already made a good first impression by posting such a clear and well made application. We'll have to wait for a moderator to see this, but I'm looking forward to RP with you (if you know what I mean).

Capt_Cutlass

Official Alteran
I completely agree with Itsemiel up there. No complaints. No criticism. Only compliments. Very, very well done. I can't wait to get out there and start RPing with ya! I would wish you luck, but you're golden, buddy. You don't even need luck to make it on. ;) See ya 'round, man.

Avenger88

Villager
Oh, thanks you so much for the compliments! You're very kind, and I really hope that my application will soon be approved by a member of the admin!!!

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
Since this will be the first application I will approve as a moderator, I want to have another moderator take a look at it first.
I think this is a really well written application. I say welcome to Altera!
Will the next mod to approve this one also do the whitelisting on the world? I can not go on for another hour or 2.

Since you are an experienced redstone engineer, I have to tell you huge automated farms are not allowed here, as stated in the Kings Law. They tend to cause some lag.

"16. Cobblestone generators whether they be natural or powered by redstone or pistons are not allowed. Neither are automated redstone or piston constructions that are likely to put strain on our server. All complex redstone circuits should be shown to an admin before being fully constructed."

Avenger88

Villager
Thanks bodejodel, I'm really looking forward to start RP with you all!
And about complex redstone contraptions... Don't worry, I know rules, and I'll only build some very simple and essential redstone mechanisms; and absolutely no annoying automatic generators!

Avenger88

Villager
Sorry, I don't want to seem impatient, but I really can't wait to join you all on the server, look for a house in a suitable place and have fun with you all! My application was approved yesterday by bodejodel, he also wanted the opinion of another moderator... I sincerely hope that my character will soon be added to the whitelist!

Capt_Cutlass

Official Alteran
Oh, worry not, my friend. I was on pins and needles waiting for mine to be approved, and once it was, to be whitelisted. I had to wait two days after I was approved to be whitelisted, but hopefully they'll get on yours right away. Mods have a nasty little habit of forgetting to whitelist new people mostly because they're so busy. Don't worry. You'll be approved very soon, I'm sure. :) And glad you're not on right now. Didn't want your buddy in America to still be asleep while you were out there househunting. ;) Hopefully my computer will be finished updating stuff in time to meet you on.

Avenger88

Villager
Oh yeah, I know well that moderators are very busy... And I'm not worried mate, I'm just looking forward to adventuring on Altera with pleasant and kind people like you! Good luck with your updating issue, and don't worry, I'll wait you for my house-hunting!

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
This is taking to long indeed. I am going to whitelist you right now!
Have fun!

Capt_Cutlass

Official Alteran
Welcome, welcome! I'm so glad you can join us! ^^ Unfortunately, I'm at the aquarium and we still need to install something on the computer when I get home, but please don't wait up on me. I want you to have a great time and enjoy your first time here. I'm positive I'll see you around here soon. Have a blast, man! :D

Capt_Cutlass

Official Alteran
OK mate, surely we'll see around soon, probably for some exploring adventures... I need a brave sword by my side!
Now yer talkin'! ;) I've been gettin' a bit lusty for a good fight. If ya need, I'll bet I can get ya some armor to defend yerself with, and I've got a spare Iron Sword in perfect condition with yer name on it. ;) We'll be great Brothers-in-Arms, I can tell. :)

Avenger88

Villager
If ya need, I'll bet I can get ya some armor to defend yerself with, and I've got a spare Iron Sword in perfect condition with yer name on it. ;) We'll be great Brothers-in-Arms, I can tell. :)
I really appreciate your help, mate! Really a good Iron Sword can make the difference at the beginning of a long adventure... And I can only imagine the rest: a shady pirate and a wandering scholar... Sure we'll be great Brother-in-Arms, I bet!