Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Back from the End

Alpha

The Watcher
1st
"I'm not sure how I got here, I don't even remember where I was, all I know is that the solemn walls of this mountain and the silent tunnels spider-webbing it's innards were familiar, I feel at home."

2nd
"No matter how many times I walk down these halls I just can't remember, what is this place? How do I know where everything is... And why do they ignore me?"

3rd
"I found what appears to be a throne, long purple carpets that look aged but were as strong as though they had just been woven, tall pillars with cold stone braziers lead the way to the tall black 'Chair' standing completely alone and elevated in the middle of the room. There were more of those things in here but they never went anywhere near the throne, they almost seemed scared of it as they slinked along the walls... what are they?"

4th
"I found small piles on neatly packed dust in various areas around the tunnels, it's strange why would these things care about dusting? As far as I've seen all they do is shuffle around staring blankly."

5th
"Didn't get much sleep, kept hearing things, murmurs not enough to be words more like growling. I might have to move where I sleep further away I don't like the Idea of those things talking to each other."

6th
"Spent my day studying them, how they move, where they go and what they do... Didn't come up with much because they don't do anything! Maybe I'll try talking to one..."

7th
"I thought I had it's attention, It looked right at me as I talked at it, but the moment I finished it just walked off silently again. I'm starting to think that maybe they aren't there at all, is this what loneliness does to the mind? Have I made beings in my mind to try and stave of madness? If so thinking about it is driving me closer to the edge."

8th
"I have absolutely no idea what happened today and why but I wasn't alone on the island! There was another man, he followed me down the tunnels today and I think he wanted to make an attempt on my life because he was holding a piece of sharp metal. I held up my arms to try to defend myself but before he could even lunge at me they were all over him, flashing back and forth in purple sparks that dimly lit the cave, their bodies nothing but a black blur to me as they... tore each of his limbs off... What were they protecting? Their home? Or me?"

9th
"Something's wrong I didn't feel well at all today not going to write much, hope I haven't caught anything."

12th
"I need help I don't know how to explain it but my skin is falling off, not flaking but in chunks, I looked at my reflection in the one of the ponds around the mountain and my left eye was purple... just like one of them.

What is happening to me?"

13th
"The whispers are back, I can hear them clearer now, telling me to stop. Stop what? I don't understand... Ontop of that more flesh has fallen off, half my face is missing now and underneath is not flesh and bone, I'm looking more and more like one of them."

14th
"I can't take it! The constant whispers from nowhere, it's like a mouse etching a message into the back of my skull, what do they want of me?!"

15th
"They came at night, three of them stood silently around me as I tried to sleep, one of them looked right at me... Why did I know to go down to that room again... And how do I know this place's name?"

16th
"It's so dark... they are everywhere... hundreds surrounding the throne... It's so peaceful here."

23rd
"I close this diary not as a man without memory, I close it as the ruler of this city and it's dark subjects, as the ruler of Barathum. The end is Nigh"