Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
Besides showing personal information is to the extreme. If we really needed to prove someone's age it would be better to have a few vouch for them. This isn't about age though.. It is about how Shawn acts as a suspected age..

Edward1878

Lord of Altera
I think maybe we all shouldn't be taunting shawn, I think he gets the picture. This server is very grown up and mature, hense the well coordinated and commuted admin team, the changing constantly to make thins more exciting. However, I dont really agree with this 13 year old thing, in my opinion, this is the most mature and friendly server out there, because of whitelisting and no swearing etc policy, he would probably be much more exposed else where on other servers. Maybe in my opinion we should give him another chance, if you were the person reading all the comments about you getting banned you wouldn't be too pleased, I know I would probably be crying (I knowwww im 17 and it's only a game, but I hav loads of friends on the server now), think of friends he might lose, maybe actually instead of taking him off the server, we should be maybe taking care of him as a community and show that this can be a place for the younger players.

I have the feeling your all going to disagree, I just thought I would look at it from a different perspective

Infernohawk

Lord of Altera
Actually the 13 rule isnt us; its the law. US law states that children under the age of 13 who register on a website must have a notarized parental permission form submitted to the website, or face legal problems.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
Actually the 13 rule isnt us; its the law. US law states that children under the age of 13 who register on a website must have a notarized parental permission form submitted to the website, or face legal problems.
The law is called COPPA - more details here: http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/coppafaqs.shtm

The parental consent does not need to be notarized but it does need to be verified, usually by a phone call. This is the reason why US sites don't allow under-13's. It's not that it's illegal, but that it's expensive to do the checks. It's also worth noting that it's a US-only law and there is no equivalent in the EU or UK (where this server is sited and operated from respectively)

ShawnRules819

Lord of Altera
Why does everyody think I have facebook! I dont have Fhe last facebook for the last time. My Mom and dad have it but not me.

ShawnRules819

Lord of Altera
-_- My parents dont want it till Im um I forgot. But they didnt want me to have one. They dont want me to meet strange people.

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
With your post on QG profile.. Shawn.. You've only made your appearance worse.

madyson0915

Lord of Altera
+1 Ban stands

Shawn, your behavior shows you havent changed. You argue with people and make things go your own way. Im not sure why you were unbanned in the first place from when I first banned you, but this was the final straw.

Infernohawk

Lord of Altera
You have refused to cooperate with my demands to verify your age... so I'll tell you what. I'll turn it into a temp ban.

Of 3 years. See you then!

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
The law is called COPPA - more details here: http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/coppafaqs.shtm

The parental consent does not need to be notarized but it does need to be verified, usually by a phone call. This is the reason why US sites don't allow under-13's. It's not that it's illegal, but that it's expensive to do the checks. It's also worth noting that it's a US-only law and there is no equivalent in the EU or UK (where this server is sited and operated from respectively)
A few months ago the staff desided to use the American 13+ thing becaue it is widly reconised... and that people would complain if we used a different system.

Status
Not open for further replies.