Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bayta, Elf Tinkerer

Bayta

Lord of Altera

Bayta, Elf born 132 years ago - give or take a few.
Nickname/Alias: Bayta, Bait

Race: Forest Elf
Social Status: Lowly
Sexuality: Asexual
Height: I'm an elf, not a mathematician
Weight: Why do I need to wait? Let's go!
Homeland: The Lost Wood

Current Home: After kicking stones on the docks of Altera for a few days, I found Thiil and stayed there for a while. I wandered around the Sorrows until an invitation to stay in Azerport. For a little more than a week I fixed up a little home there until Tybalt saw me walking with Elias in the Crossroads and considered me a traitor. After that incident, I nestled into a tree in a dark forest in the lonely Sorrows. It was there I received word of a Queen's Port grocery store vacancy. I live and work there now, planning in my spare time to live among Elves.

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build: Slight, slim but strong.
Bayta has filled out, as she's eating healthier in Altera.
Hair: Auburn, mostly looks brown, red in the sun.
Eyes: Emerald Green
Skin: Light with sun-kissed cheeks and nose.
Identifying Marks: Scarification on my left thigh
Appearance: Bubbly, cheerful. Tidy, but never quite completely clean.
Clothing: Wool cape and green cloth. For Shalherana, I avoid wearing leather.
Weaponry: Small dagger for protection
Prized Possessions: My belt
Hygiene: I'm clean now, but that will change.
Voice: Inquisitive and soft, but blunt.

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths: Efficient homesteading and self-reliance.
Fears: The monsters at night give me tremors.
Running into a puddle of lava in the desert; it's how my uncle died.
Weaknesses: I do not know of the red stone. People say I'm naive. Sometimes I have sticky fingers.
Intelligence: Moderate, friendliness makes up for lack of skills.
Languages: Elven, English.
Profession: I'm a vegetarian grocer in Queen's Port.

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Personality: Friendly & trusting, stealthy
Religion or Cults: I believe in the trees and woodland animals, Shalherana guides my path.
Alignment: Good
Short Term Goals: Gather resources
Long Term Goals: Lead a group of Elves to restore our glory.

This is a note that I keep in my boot (It has started to wear along the creases.) :

Greetings, I am penning this note with a branch snapped from a small tree that I dipped in a flame. Perhaps you will read this one day and marvel in the slight Elven creature that wrote it and her simple charms. Until then, I'll keep the note in my tattered boot. This has been an interesting journey so far. You see, I recently awoke alone in a dreary and damp crypt, with quite the bump on my noggin. So far, I haven't encountered the right leaf to mend the wound or flower to crush to soothe my sore throat - I cannot speak it is so pained.

Let me tell you of my travels, as you do not know much about me yet. Before encountering the crypt of mystery, I was headed to a land of promise, and am hoping that's where I've wound up. Wandering through the crypt's halls toward muffled noises, I could see a cheery face in the distance and made it to this woman who calls herself Mairin - perhaps you know of her. She was quite helpful and provided me with safe passage to the strange and beautiful town of Altera where I am now. It was there that I was greeted by an elder fellow named Gadifane. Do you know of him? It was surprising that he spoke to me, for few else acknowledge my presence in this land. Perhaps it is that outlanders are not welcome, I cannot imagine that I am being tricked, this place seems to marvelous for behaviour like that.

I am ever so grateful to have made it this far from the cold crypt and am eager to journey deeper into Altera, regaining speech and becoming less of a fly on the wall. My journey has been long, and thankfully I don't remember all of it. Hopefully, the generous people of Altera would welcome this lowly and timid Elf, and perhaps give me insight as to the source of the lump on my skull - not for revenge, but to hide from the person who would do me such harm. It has been a long time since I have had been amongst a fellowship of my own kind, and will offer them my natural knack of organisation in trade for farming knowledge if they are in need. Perhaps there is an apprenticeship available with the humans, or an Elven community I could join - there is only time to find out. Onward I go, exploring Altera, seeking out kindness, I shall pen more notes in the meantime.​

Last edited:

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I like your character :)

*looks at goals* ahh, something some Freinds and I have been thinking about for a long time now.

Great char profile :) we should definitely RP sometime<

Bayta

Lord of Altera
OOC'ly I would like Bayta to nest with a non-sexual Elf partner or two in an Eldnari with an extension and small garden.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Heheh, I finally gave it a read through~ I don't think we've actually had anyone cite the new player zone as a backstory yet, so you're unique in that. Lookin' good!