Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Book Review: The Fault in our Stars

Should Hollowworld start a Book Club?

• Ah naw.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
WARNING - Language

Book Title: The Fault in our Stars

Author: John Green (of the vlogbrothers)

Intro into the book: You meet a 16 year old girl, named Hazel, who has cancer. She had beat thyriod cancer once, was NEC (no evidence of cancer) for 3 years, then had a remission, in her lungs, which gave her a challenge in her ability to breathe. She becomes depressed, and her mother starts taking her to a support group, similar to the support group in the musical RENT. She has a friend of sorts there, named Issac, who shares similar trains of thought with her.

After 3 or 4 of these sessions, Issac brings a friend, Augustus Waters, and Hazel immediately falls for him....

My take on the book: I loved it! It was a good book, fast paced, and I finished it in around a day. It's more of a love novel, mixed in with all of the nerdy stuff that goes on with the vlogbrothers. Overall, I enjoyed the main character, and her crush... who's quite the romantic character. It becomes very interesting as the story moves along, and has and ending that you could expect from the get-go.

Buy or Die?: It's definitely a buy, worth the 15 bucks or so it cost to buy on amazon.

That's it! Read up, maybe we could have a book club one day... ooohhhh yeah