Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Book's Whitelist App [Approved - Dee]

Book

Loyal Servant of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
Bookwormpower
Bookwormpower
Patron
{Introduction Section}

Minecraft Username: Bookwormpower

Country & Timezone: CST (Canada)

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?: Metagaming is using OOC information ICly, without any way for your character to have known said information. Powergaming is when you force situations into your character's favour, in terms of combat (i.e. "dodges sword swing and beheads you") or otherwise ensuring you come out as the winner in any situation.

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: Hello I am Bookwormpower! I go by Book, and I'm a writer and reader. I love fantasy books, and enjoy RPG games. Tabletop games are also fun, like Gloomhaven. I've been roleplaying for a long time, and I am particularly interested in more scholarly, learning, knowledge-based rp. I also think religion rp is fun, as well as magic. I'm hoping to explore that, should I be accepted onto Hollow World. :)

Referral: Friends

{Character Section}
Character Name: Althea Erynor

Race: Forest Elf

Appearance: Althea has dark brown hair, often kept up in various designs that are more reminiscent of the Silver Elven style. She has forest green eyes, lightly tanned skin, and tends to wear loose, flowing robes befitting that of a scholar.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
1669587696133.png

Written Test (Min: 400 words):

Althea huffed, as she turned another page of the weathered tome. “No, no, this isn’t right. The alignment of The Portal is all wrong, this is.. Ugh.”

Setting the book aside, she leaned back in her seat, back cracking as she stretched her arms wide above her head. Peering out the window, the dawn’s light slowly creeped in. A sigh soon followed, as the woman slumped down. Another sleepless night, trying to find clues from a long-forgotten piece of what could very likely be fiction, and no results to show for it. Gods.

As the morning waned into afternoon, and Althea arose from her fitful slumber, she met with her mother, a Silver Elven woman from whom she developed her love for knowledge and learning. Sliding into a chair at the table of their cozy dining room, she rubbed at her face. “I just don’t know what I’m missing. The two accounts I’ve found tell vastly different stories, and fail to include any method of dating the last known time the settlement was populated.”

Her mother smiled softly, sitting across from her as she cradled a cup of tea. “You know the general location, do you not? If you can’t properly date it from our little corner of Altera, you should go look for it yourself. Speak to locals, there are often records that are never written, and are instead told through oral tradition.”

Althea looked up at her mother. “You mean.. Leave? Here? Alone? Without you?”

Her mother nodded. “You’ve long been an adult, and have long yearned to see more– don’t interrupt, I know you have.” Althea pouted, but nodded for her mother to continue.

“You don’t need to stay here anymore, my little dove. You have grand ambitions, far more than this little Grove can give to you. I know your father would agree with me. We’ve enough to send you to Storm’s Landing- by carriage, and then ship. You’ll have to make your own way, after that, but we believe in you.”

Althea sat there for a long moment, scrutinizing her mother. “..You just want to kick me out, don’t you?”

The older woman laughed, setting her cup down. “That’s only a small part. Your father’s father is following the twilight path, and needs someone to assist him, so we were going to have him stay with us.”

Althea nodded slowly, thinking it over. Her room was on the main floor, and was perfect for an aging man with aging eyesight. “..I see. Well– I suppose now is better than never. I’ll start planning for next week, perhaps?”

“Perfect.”

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
I like the test! If I'm thinking of the right one I briefly played Gloomhaven once. Very fun! Welcome.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!

The King's Law

How to Create a Character

Roleplay

The Official Lore

Town Census

HollowCrafting - Our Custom Crafting Plugin!

Plugins Command Guide

Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }

..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!

• If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.