Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Born of the Ice

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
(it does you silly boy, I have it in my inventory) And oglub went and grabbed my things for me, thanks you helpful earth spawn you!

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
Hm? Whats unrealistic about tricking an earthspawn who works for the city guard to go in and retrieve my items?

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
Hundreds of years ago when the first people came to Mt.Snowstrom there was a cloak. The people came to the mountain seeing its abrnormal and massive stature as only an outlin in a blizzard. They stayed and lived under this mountain worshiping She Who Is Beyond Names, for only the moon could create such a beauteous sculpture so far north. After settling around the base of the beauty the people wanted to know what lay atop the mountain, it was so pure, what wonders awaited them, placed there by SWIBN? So the people set off to climb, and they climbed for days, some fell and perished, others gave up and went back down, the strongest could make the journey in two days, and most took four. The first to reach the top was sygdrid's grandfather, Yoolsted Rel who changed his last name after what he found atop the mountain. The pinacle of Mt.Snowstrom is eirily flat, and int the center was a symbol. A circle with a cresent moon and star (the Icecloak symbol). Buried under the symbol drawn in the snow (which could have only been placed by SWIBN herself) was a long tile of cloth. When Yoolsted atempted to pick up the cloth however it was frozen under a layer of Ice, the entire mountain top was. Despite chisel and flame the ice atop the mountain would not break. However Yoolsted was convinced that this cloak was his destiny, so he stayed and meditated on this cloak for a month straight, not moving from atop his cloak the entire time. Finally on the full moon, a soft crack was heard, SWIBN had acknowledged his dedication and broken the edges of Ice around the cloak. In lifting the slab Yoolsted found that the Ice layer itself, while impentrable, was flexible like the cloth benetha it. And so Yoolsted wore this cloak allways, and it saved his life many times. But as he grew to old age he did not trust anyone with the power of this cloak, not even his own son. So Yoolsted returned the cloak to the spot where he found it many years ago, and there he sat until the next full moon, and on that moon his left left his body just as the cloak was sealed once more atop the sacred mountain.

Properties: The Icecloak is a pure light blue cloak cased in Ice, however the Ice is the true magical item. Not only is it flexible like the cloth encased in it, but it is also nearly impenetrable. The Ice is as solid as any ice of its width (about an inch) despite its flexibility. However, this Ice expands extremely rapidly. Whenever there is a scratch or dent within the Ice, it refreezes within seconds to seal the break. Depending on the severity of the damage to the cloak, the time taken for it to fix itself varies, however, as long as some part of it remains intact the cloak will repair itself until back to full capacity. The Ice is also unnaturally resistant to heat (and most other magic). When the heat is hot enough the cloak will begin melting of course, but because of its self repairing the heat must be extremely intense to melt it faster then it reseals. However, despite its amazing capabilities as Armour it is extremely heavy. The weight of the Ice adds up, and moving at full capacity while wearing the cloak would take a warrior at peak condition with no other Armour save perhaps leather.

The Icecloak, creator and protector of my families name. (protection IV Thorns II Diamond chest plate)