Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Building Commission: Taverns and Inns

S

Stevey

Greetings citizens of Altera !

Your King is calling upon all you architects to build him inns and taverns !

The wilderness is now a no-build zone, to increase the RP feeling of our server and to offer shelter for players in the wild I am dispersing taverns and inns throughout the world. One man can only come up with so many designs, so I'm asking you guys for help !

How does this work?
First what you do is type /town spawn Kings_Property.
There I set up a patch of land for you guys to build your designs on. When the event is over I will pick the buildings I like best and I copy them and place them around the map.

Rules:
  • Buildings must be within the servers theme, Medieval/Fantasy. Mainly I am going for Rustic looking medieval inns and taverns, but I'm also willing to accept themed inns and taverns.
  • They should be sized realistically and not immense.
  • There need to be rooms with chests and somewhere in the building to have workbenches and furnaces available.
  • Aim for about 5 rooms, but this can vary depending the type of tavern/inn you are building.
  • I am also looking for different biome types, not just temperate biomes. Try to think of things like an arctic outpost etc.
  • Buildings are allowed to have extentions (gardens, terrace, barns etc.) as long as they look like they belong to the building.
  • Make it look good !
  • Use your imagination !
  • Anyone destroying other peoples builds will be banned.
  • Winners will receive a prize, but the biggest reward is having your build officialy on the map.
  • This event will run until monday the 29th of August.

S

Stevey

Inns should be sized realistically, you must bring your own materials, I will refund the winner's materials.

Added some new information.

Tantara

Resigned Admin
Whoops, missed that XP
I'll try and find some internet to get into this; try to get some good, homely NewHaven-styled Inns into the world ;)

Tantara

Resigned Admin
Also, as internet is a bit of an issue with me atm, would it be possible to send you MCedit schematics of the potential inn? I'm planning on prebuilding this on single player before building it on the server, anyways. I'd renounce any prize if this is possible :p

I'm excited about this now haha

S

Stevey

Buildings are allowed to have extentions (gardens, terrace, barns etc.) as long as they look like they belong to the building.

EliteWoto

Villager
I currently have an Inn already in my town (Waterbridge).

Check it out. :)

Looks best with Doku Light texture pack.

S

Stevey

No it is only allowed when you can't get into the game, which is just Tantara for now. Just recreate what you made in single player.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
So to clear up building one in single player with screenshots is acceptable?
This is open to abuse. People could download schematics and/or get other people to do it for them. This is about proving your creativity.