Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Building Commission: Taverns and Inns

S

Stevey

Ok guys, the event is over, results are in!

I have looked through all the inns and I think they will all make a great addition to Hollow World. The plan is to scatter these inns throughout the land, possibly using some inn designs several times. I am waiting for what we will do with 1.8 before I will start on that.

The turnout of this event has been great, I can see everyone has really given their best to create something. There were however a few that I thought stuck out. I will review each inn and write down some of my thoughts.

SallyPirate, The Confused Carpet Inn.
A normal sized inn with a cozy look and funky carpet. Nicely styled rooms and plenty of them. It looks and feels how an inn should.

Jameshearts, The Moonlight Inn
A different looking inn with a brick roof. Nice touch on the windows. Looks very tavern-styled on the inside I like that a lot.

MadMonty, The Towering Pines Inn
A very nice looking inn from the outside, I'm hoping to put this in a snowy kind of biome with lots of pines. A good entrance look aswel with the chandelier, jukebox on the side. Balconies left and right. Not sure about the open rooms, they look unfinished

Laiyla_Fay and Riander_Kenshin, Shiverpeak's Rest
One of the very few who made a biome-specific inn, and one of the very few who made landscape too. It has a very magical look from the outside, but the glowstone looks a bit odd on default textures. I know you're using doku. Good looking on the inside, a big hearth is just what you'd except in such a location. Good attention to detail. Also nice job on the attic and basement,

Chrisnoble, The Lamenting Creeper
Another snow biome inn. Awesome name. Nice look on the outside when there is snow. Looks decent on the inside very cozy rooms with the fires. Not sure what the shaft is all about and the rooms going down so much, is this supposed to be inside a mountain? If so I think it would look pretty cool.

Karasu1996, The Weary Travaler
A small sized in, but very cozy. Funny looking tables with the workbenches, but it works to save space. Plenty of rooms to sleep in downstairs.

Geo_08, Black Sun Inn
The only desert inn !!! Looking very well, built in a style that would fit very well in a desert. I will probably end up using several variations on this. Fountain hits thirsty travelers in their face when they enter. I'm dishearted you didn't like my variations I put on this inn :( You disappoint me !

Inkred and VivaLaLamby (any more?), The horse's relief
Renamed the inn, since it broke two of our rules; caps and cursing. I understand it might be a medieval thing, but I rather not have that name. Feel free to suggest another one. This inn is maaaaassive. Will need to find a proper location for this. The inside looks well built, nice touch on the bar stools, beer levers and drink names :p.

VanGarrett, The Sneeking Creeper
One of the first to answer my call for builders. This inn looks like the example inn I had in my mind when I think of a medieval tavern/inn. A wooden building with a chimney. I like it for its simplicity, yet nice attention to detail. Although I am disappointed you did not put the diamond in afterall, I did nom all the cake that was downstairs.

Tantara, Noname
Nicely built, I can recognize your style in it. You can see you kept to a type of style throughout the entire inn, it looks very well from the outside. Not sure if I will be able to use the larger one but I just might find a place for it. I like the balcony outside of the large inn.

Anonymous, unnamed inn
There remains one person who did not put a name on his inn. It's a small sized inn with a few rooms. Nothing bad to say about it, it has all you need in there.

These are all the entries I've had up until now. Even though the contest is over doesn't mean I won't accept any more inns, you are free to let me copy over your inn if you want at a later time!

I originally did not plan on announcing a top 4 and just make everyone a winner, but on popular request I decided to make a top 4 from the inns that I liked best. I chose 4 because I feel the rest has a shared fifth place.

Nr 1: Has to be Shiverpeak's Rest. The integration into the terrain and the attention to detail always amazes me when Laiyla builds something. A well deserves first place.
Nr 2: The Sneeking Creeper. This is what the contest was about: an inn. This is what you built. You've done things other have done, but made it all fit into a small cozy little inn.
Nr 3: The horse's relief. Although somewhat oversized on the outside, the inside does feel grand and home-ish. It's well built.
Nr 4: Tantara's unnamed inn. The buildstyle on this is great and the inside looks good.

I am awarding a prize of 50,000 silver to the nr. 1 winner, 25,000 silver to nr 2 and 10,000 to nr 3 and 4.

I hope you all enjoyeed this event, I certainly did and I look forward to future events. Let me know what you thought about this.

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
Wooooo!!! Second place! This event was fantastic and there should definitely be more like it, after all, I do need something to do :D

L

Laiyla.Fay

Ah!!! :heart:

Thank you so much!!!!! But I have to say I didnt do it alone - Me and Riander_kenshin worked on it together. Its a joint victory! I couldn't have done it without him as well as It turned out. Therefore, I'm sharing my prize with him. 50-50. Because he helped me with so many ideas and always giving me concice opinions in a contructive format.

So, I have to say that Ria deserves recognition too!!!

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
I enjoyed the event...but im kinda dissapointed that i wasnt on the list :( but beggers cant be choosers so im fine with my place :p

MadMonty

Villager
Wow, fun event, Im glad I could help any weary travelers who might be out there. The open rooms were a mistake as I was building I completely forgot I needed them :confused: They were finished though :D