Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Building in the Exodus world

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stevey

I had planned to use a new plugin for building in the Exodus world, Regios. However as it turns out there are a number of bugs I wasn't able to forsee. The plugin developer hasn't proven to be very responsive to these bugs and we had to find a solution. Barry and I decided to write our own plugin instead to do exactly what we want it to do. Until this is done, we will keep using Regios for the new world because switching back to Towny temporarily would be too big of a hassle.

It sucks but that's how it is at the moment. You can still build in the old world nothing has changed in that regard, and you can start a regios region just fine. When we put on the new plugin we can simply convert all towns and regios into that new plugin that's not a problem. :)

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
Will region size be replicated, because our buildings are reasonably spread out right now in a largish region

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
region size at the moment seem not to matter due to one of thr bugs

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
It essentially allows you to expand your region indefinitely without cost, I told barry about it the other day, so far it hasn't had any ill effects

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
tbh if that's the case people have to realise they'll have to pay for it later on or have it removed/regen'd. Land has to cost to keep sizes manageable - that goes for the admin team as well as everyone else :p

S

Stevey

The new plugin will work almost identical to towny but with our own flavour. So it will go plot by plot of 16*16 since that turns out to be the best way to do it. But it will use worldguard for storing the protection data and setting permissions. This means it will be extremely straightforward to use, super stable and always up to date ;) And we can modify it however we see fit according to the servers needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.