Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Buying] Regions and Other Valuables

Having returned Compendium to Ice, whom I hope will be better suited to run it than I was, I now find myself in a position to buy. If you have a region or valuables/rare items you'd like to sell, I'm interested. Here's a short and non-exclusive list of things I'd be interested in buying:
  • Region(s)
  • Beacons/Nether Stars
  • Rare Items, like endstone, bedrock, dragon eggs, etc.
  • Lore Significant Items
  • Lore Valuables (jewelry, steel weapons, boats)
  • Rights to Fancy Builds (in Creative or New World)
  • Rights to Spawn Builds
  • Not Currently Obtainable Items, like Spawn Eggs
  • Player Heads (the original heads, not the heads Ptiber and I worked to add)
  • Bulk Building Materials or Mining Drops
If you have something you'd be interested in selling to me, please either respond below, send a pm, or send a skype message. I can also look through your storage and make an offer on things I want to buy (just ask Brian).

As an aside, I can also sell things. If you're looking for something, I probably have it. Again, just message me.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I thought you got rid of Compendium because you didn't have time? Why buy more?

I thought you got rid of Compendium because you didn't have time? Why buy more?
There were a number of reasons why I wanted to get Compendium to Ice (and Sizzix), time being one factor. I'm looking into buying a region or regions to see what might be available and whether one might be good either as an investment or new place to build up. I also try to solve problems when I buy/sell, and in general I like to support people who are working on projects that contribute to the community. It's also good to put money into circulation.

oveny

Lord of Altera
I build and sell ships as well as build forts and other buildings so message me if you want either. if you want some examples I can show them to you.

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
There were a number of reasons why I wanted to get Compendium to Ice (and Sizzix), time being one factor. I'm looking into buying a region or regions to see what might be available and whether one might be good either as an investment or new place to build up. I also try to solve problems when I buy/sell, and in general I like to support people who are working on projects that contribute to the community. It's also good to put money into circulation.
So you just like to buy and sell regions ? :/

So you just like to buy and sell regions ? :/
Yes, but that's not why I bought Compendium. I bought Compendium to come back and play there. I put a lot of work into it and contributed years worth of collecting to it.It ended up not being the right fit for me. To be honest I probably sold it for a loss to get it to somebody who I thought would be a better fit than I was.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
To be honest I probably sold it for a loss to get it to somebody who I thought would be a better fit than I was.
I guess it just kind of makes me sad. For all the crap I took from that auction thread to go out on a limb for you, so you could be a part of the community again, it just feels like you had intended to turn it around for profit from the beginning but couldn't get anybody to pay up. I had really hoped that you'd be able to rejoin the community, and enjoy RP. But I'm just kinda bummed that it feels like a piece of a real estate game now.

I do hope you find a region down the road that you can stick to RP in. Good luck.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Honestly, Antilogy, can you just stop doing this? You seem to operate in a cycle of "buy a region," "build in the region," "do not RP in the region," "whine about the region not getting any RP action."

And now, after getting rid of Compendium - which you sold to Icefire (most certainly not for a loss) after less than 24 hours but saw fit to not respond to Sizzix's offer of nearly a million radiants for more than a month for some reason - you're trying to soak up more regions, and soak up valuable IC items? This kind of action is why everyone groans whenever you try to buy a region or you start one up, because they know the cycle is restarting.

I truly think that if you just stepped back and stopped trying to run a region for awhile, and instead focused on the actual purpose of the server - RP - you'd fall into enjoyment of the server once again and you'd be able to participate in the community without getting upset over the things that you seem to always bring up. People aren't going to come to roleplay in your regions just because you've built them. Nobody goes to regions for their aesthetic value. People are drawn to regions that have a consistency with events or have an active governing body that is always available to RP with.

I'm trying to suggest to you that you stop buying things, step away from the economy, and just RP. It's not that hard. Make a new character relevant to one of the factions and just insert yourself. Start RPing with other people when there are groups around. Sit afk in spawn and wait for a chance to talk to somebody. You will never have fun on this server built from the ground up for RP if you refuse to back away from the economy and enjoy what it was made for.

Last edited: