Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Campaign suggestion || The Iron Rising.

kaza125

Lord of Altera
So last night I was thinking about altera, as you do :D And it my head I was just wondering if I could even craft up a good campaign, so here goes, let me know if you think this would cool thing :)

After the the success of the last voyage with the Eye of Silas (Over the Horrizion part 1: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/over-the-horizon-part-2.33846/#post-562286)
the captain and it's crew, some who sailed before, some new, voyage themselves south, far south then our maps dictate.
While the travel had a rummaging storm, the Eye pushed through and past the glimpse of the dark clouds to find land in there sight, but they saw no docks for their ship. From the crows nest a village is spotted in the distance, the crew anchor down and take their ships ashore.
They approach the village, but as they come closer, they find it to be a sorry sight. It was in the process of being rebuilt, stones were being stacked, fields were being sowed. And oddly all the graves in the grraveyard were dugout and empty. The village had no gate nor walls, and as the crew came closer one of the woman from the village, rebuilding her home stopped in her tracks. Her eyes widened and she called for someone, soon enough the whole village came over to see these new faces.
The villagers introduce themselves, asking about the Northern Kingdom they hear so much about, but none have ever been. The village of Anmark they called it, and they asked for your help, their homes needed rebuilding, walls fortifyied and gates to keep people out.
Through your time there, you get to know the villagers, how long they've been there, are there other villages or towns out and there, why they've never been north and who attacked them.
Though some of the villagers kept their mouth shut in order to stay out of the trouble, some of them answer your questions. They say they are not allowed to go north, but would not say why, they were attacked, but could not say who.
They do however speak of a keep, south west, called Dunmor, but as you begin to leave, the woman who first spotted your crew tells to go north and never come back, for these lands are not safe, not anymore.

In their travel to Dunmor they push through swamps and forests, spotting new wildlife and fruits, you make camp for the night and dicuss your situation, whether turning around back home would be the best idea. As some of you sleep, and some take watch you find yourselves surrounded, men armed to the teeth with fine steel. They force you in bindings and take you with them during the night.

In the day you awake in cells, the entire crew locked up. You are questioned, asked what business you have here, who you are and why you came South in the first place. Eventually a man comes forward, who seemingly is ruling the keep, named Lord Dunmor. He lets you free of your bindings and asks that you break fast with him.
He eventually tells you of their situation. "We've been under siege for some time, though we've held our own, we lack the men each week they come" He goes on to say that maruarders have been besiging them, they are paid by some mad man deep in the southern country. They do not know who the man is, but they've had disturbing reports saying he has commited butchers further down south. Lord Dunmor says he does not have the men to inspect the reports further as he must hold the keep, he asks that you and the crew follow up on one of the reports of their scouts. When some of the crew ask more about this madman, he does not say much. "I know not his name, nor his origin, his age or his face, but his purpose... hmm, he's looking for something. One of the maruaders we captured told us he's been looking for an anicent relic called 'The Horn of Iron'". The crew split up, some decide to stay in the keep to learn more about the land while the others follow up on the report.

The crew that stays at Dunmor, learn in the libary find that the Horn of Iron supposedly binds iron giants to his will. The crew also helps with the men of the keep, fortifying, forging swords and gathering food for their storage as they supsect another attack by the maruaders.

The other half of the crew that went to follow on the report continue south, by night they come accross a desolute village, near broken to rumble, and swamped by ash. As some of the roofs of houses are still intact you camp their for the night. As you inspect the village notice the butchery that took place, bones, corspes, a slaughter. But the way some of the villagers died is very pecuiliar. Some of their bodies were snapped like a chicken bone, corspes puvliverised and pulped messes. Not the work of humans, no man could do that. In the graveyard of the village you see that every grave being dug out and unturned, for what reason some of you sepculate.
In the morning you head begin to head back to the keep, but as you move through the forest you hear marching. The Maruaders most likely, and a lot more than you. You don't have the chance to head back to the keep so some decides that they should head south to see where they came from.

The other half of the crew that remained at Dunmor prepare themselves for battle, the keep holds thirty men in total, the maruarders appear to have over two hundred. With the extra men you have supplied, you fight the maruaders back, killing most of them, while some of them flee, you capture a few, one of them appears to a captain. When interogated you find out that the the supposed mad man is looking in every place for the horn and that the maruaders are suppose to keep Dunmor from stopping him. He also says the mad man has a small army of men loyal to him, but he is looking for the horn to summon a larger one of iron giants. When asked what he plans to with these 'iron giants', he says, "Go home".

The other half of the crew follow the tracks of the maruaders from where they came. They spot a large war camp, the homebase of the maruaders, but as the crew watch, they are spotted by the maruaders that fled from the battle. With most of the maruaders draw their swords at you, one of their leaders say they will take you captive, when asked why, he says that are Northerns. "King Arckus will want to speak to them".

Ok, so this is what I've thought so far, but I've got the frameworks of the campign in my head, what do you guys think? :D

Raith

Lord of Altera
I liked it because mila is going to head off onto a voyage with Alexander Wise. as a doctor, so if this happens it would make for tons of RP in the future

kaza125

Lord of Altera
I liked it because mila is going to head off onto a voyage with Alexander Wise. as a doctor, so if this happens it would make for tons of RP in the future
I reckoned it would be pretty fun, and this madman 'King of Iron', is from the Northern Kingdom :D

Ddaug

Lord of Altera
It's a really fun idea. If something like this happened it would be epic. Everything outside of the Northern kingdoms is staff-run, so im sure they have some fun ideas hidden up their sleeves.

Not to mention, we are going south on the next voyage :)

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I thought everything surrounding the Northern Kingdoms was this horribly dangerous area filled with undead or something. I vaguely remember someone making it a point that people don't notice the predicament that everyone in the Northern Kingdoms is actually in. I could be wrong, though!

Regardless of that little tid-bit, I like this idea~

Ddaug

Lord of Altera
I thought everything surrounding the Northern Kingdoms was this horribly dangerous area filled with undead or something. I vaguely remember someone making it a point that people don't notice the predicament that everyone in the Northern Kingdoms is actually in. I could be wrong, though!

Regardless of that little tid-bit, I like this idea~
Basically everything outside our continent is unknown, besides Kavdek and the sorrows. All there is to go off is speculation, besides the island the Eyes of Silas found and the Sea of Storms to the East

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I like the idea of exploration outside the NK and Sorrows aswell as any and All ideas of campaigns big or small. And I enjoyed reading this xD

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I like the idea of exploration outside the NK and Sorrows aswell as any and All ideas of campaigns big or small. And I enjoyed reading this xD
Pretty much this, though I'd be fine with some IC exploration of the Sorrows. I was thinking while I was putting up trolly builds around spawn that having a minor event there would be a lot of fun. My basic plan was a gold rush that one of the major powers finances and then send guards to keep bandits from killing their miners and taking their minerals. I think it could be fun.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Pretty much this, though I'd be fine with some IC exploration of the Sorrows. I was thinking while I was putting up trolly builds around spawn that having a minor event there would be a lot of fun. My basic plan was a gold rush that one of the major powers finances and then send guards to keep bandits from killing their miners and taking their minerals. I think it could be fun.
And totally doable! :D